Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Can I create items with specific values?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by StPerlmutter, Jun 5, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 794

1. StPerlmutter

StPerlmutter IncGamers Member

Do I have to select from a list of estimated affixes when I create an item? Why can't I simply add a specific affix with an exact value?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

This is a request we've actually had more than we thought we would. People want to show off their CURRENT build.

It's certainly something to add to the wish list!
  3. StPerlmutter

StPerlmutter IncGamers Member

Being able to create items with specific values would completely change the usability of the Hero Planner platform. The concept of the planner is great, and pre-release it was super exciting to play with.

But, now that we're all spending our evenings slaughtering the hordes of demonic forces in Sanctuary (aka. gold farming), we really need to know how those upgrades from the AH will effect our build, and if they are worth the 30 Million gold some twelve year-old posted it for.

This could be the perfect system for that.

Adding that funcitonality will change the usability of this app exponentially. Thanks for listening.

4. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

You sir, are a genius.

The idea of the ranges were to be just as you say, so you can see if it'll be worth it item wise (is it a maxed out item). I can see the flaw in that now since you want not just the best item, but the best item current avalible which won't always be the right.

This has bumped up the priority list.

5. NReynolds

NReynolds IncGamers Member

If you do this, It would be great if you could tie one build to another (just for the character statistics frame).

If I had a hypothetical build, and could tie it to my current build, and show the differences as well as the values in the hypothetical build.

for example, if my current build had 1,000 strength and 10,000 DPS, and I made a new build that was identical, except changed my sword, then if I tied the new to the current one it might display

Strength: 987 (-13)
    DPS: 10,123 (+123)

The tieing could either happen automatically whenever a build is copied (but then a "break tie button would be recommended) or you could allow any build to tie to any other build, so I could compare my character to the Jones's.

6. beeks

beeks IncGamers Member

This is exactly what I wanted when trying your build creator. Once I found out I couldn't manually enter the stats for my items (the first item, a helm, wasn't on the list) I gave up, went back to google, and kept looking.

Add this! So far this is awesome, and I appreciate the work that has been done to make the creator as smooth and easy as possible. Awesome job so far!