Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can anyone send me the Game.exe

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by holyslayer, May 6, 2006. | Replies: 8 | Views: 34962

1. holyslayer

holyslayer IncGamers Member

Can anyone send me the Game.exe

Can anyone send me the game.exe. I kind of replaced it with the old game.exe by accident and I cant start diablo LOD anymore.

email: xtcmen@hotmail.com
  2. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

how about you just re-instsall the game ;-)
  3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

You aren't allowed to ask for things like that on here...
  4. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

So, you are not allowed to ask about downloads from Blizzard's pages? No idea were you got that idea from.

In any way, depending on what version of the game the original poster is using (LoD or classic) here is a link to the 1.09 versions of game.exe:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2/patches/PC/

EDIT: Noted he uses LoD, in any case, I keep the other link.
  5. Stompwampa

no, he's just saying we're not allowed to ask for other members to send a game file to someone else.

if there is a link to a legit, Blizzard supported site (as you gave) than it's perfectly fine.
  6. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

That file is freely downloadable there just as is patches, no difference really.
  7. Stompwampa

True, but the difference is that there is no gaurnentee the file you recieve from somebody other than Blizzard is going to be 100% legit, as in free of malware, trojans, keyloggers or any other naughty little toy that could be used to exploit.

Sure, the people here are generally trustworthy, but I can see why we're asked to provide official links rather than providing the files ourselves. It's a small difference, but a worthy one I feel.
  8. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

I would say that for many people asking for a file or asking for a site with the file is pretty much the same. I would also believe that the post I replied to was not about "files anyone send can be bad, so you should ask for a link instead" but rather feeling it was about illegal file copying, which of course was not the case since he was not aware it is a file freely available together with patch files form Blizzard. So a better reply is thus, not "you can't ask such questions" but rather, "here is alink you can get the file yourself from". Of course, there might be some reasons about the OP not being able to download the file anyway and such and thus wwanting to have someone else help out as well. And in such a case judge the correctness of the file himself.
  9. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

I didn't know you could get it off the official website.

Before, someone had asked for a specific file that was missing from his installation, and one of the mods warned him against asking for files that are found on the disc.