Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a well trained human beat a gorilla?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dirty_Zulu, Mar 31, 2004. | Replies: 140 | Views: 16179

1. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Can a well trained human beat a gorilla?

Can someone like Mike Tyson or Bruce Lee or any other martial expert beat a full grown male gorilla bare handed?

I saw people wrestle crocodiles and anacondas which can eat a gorilla so I am thinking a human can lay the smack down on a gorilla.
  2. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Yeah, sure... if it´s a baby gorilla. Otherwise, no. There is no way.
  3. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

*Pictures a full grown male gorilla throwing a haymaker at human*

*...SPLAT!*

Don't count on that happening ^^
  4. Dirty_Zulu

Bruce can probably tap dance around the gorilla while the gorilla just look goofy dragging his knuckes.

Then a quick flying kick to the side of gorilla's head should kill it.
  5. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

uhhhh....no?
  6. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

ah.. what makes you think that gorillas are slow and stupid?

-Lost
  7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Humans invented guns for a reason. *Shoots various cute mammals*
  8. GunneR_AlphA

GunneR_AlphA IncGamers Member

humanVS.gorilla

KUDOS!!!...for the most Originally Funny Question that I've had the pleasure to read in Months....Brilliant!!!....Marvelous!!!......:thumbsup: :clap: :worship: ....the Gorillas laughed for Hours.

I may have to submit that Question to Adult Swim if you don't mind...I'll credit you .
  9. Night

Night IncGamers Member

I'm fairly sure no one could beat a gorilla unless they were equipped with something like a dagger at the very least. Gorilla's are very, very solid animals and I'm positive not even one of Bruce Lee's kicks would disable a gorilla in one attack.
  10. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Intresting MU :)

A human cant beat a gorilla in strenght, but a human could get FASTER.
    So, if a really fast human (Jackie Chan ((see the extra material on Rush Hour if you dont belive he is superfast)) ) could get some quick punches in here and there, and wear the gorilla down, 1 "hitpoint" at the time . . .

But if the gorilla catches Jackie, then "byebye" :)
  11. Dirty_Zulu

I am not sure how many pounds of force Bruce's punches can exert. If his punch can break bricks and stack of boards with ease, then it's no problem to crack a gorilla's skull.

Gorilla maybe solid but so is a block of wood. Physically a gorilla's body should have the same vital points as a human so a martial artist can target those spots.
  12. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

might have the same vital points.. but there's still the small problem of gaining access to those vital points without getting a swift backhand which would put the human into a comma.. if not worse :\

-Lost
  13. Akira

Akira Member

i would say that gorillas are far more solid than wood or bricks, i suppose if bruce lee could crack in half a big chunk of oak or ironwood it'd be no problem for him to do the same to a gorilla.

edit: fixed wording, i know you perverted monkeys would have a field day with that otherwise.
  14. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Well, as long as the human isn't put into an ampersand or a schwa, it'll be cool.

Man, if I wanted an inane conversation like this, I'd go to the pub. Speaking of which, I'm a bit parched.
  15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You have no concept on how to break objects do you? Boards/bricks/etc are all rigid, don't bend, and won't give at all. Not only that they all have a flat cornered shape. A skull is round, the closer to a perfect sphere something is the harder it is to break. Not to mention you have to facter in the fact that a gorilla has many thick heavy muscles in his neck that would help absorb the blow. I can break three 2x4s with one of my hardest punches, I doubt I would make that gorrial do much more than blink if I hit him. Same goes for kicks.

Not to mention the weak points on humans are mostly weak points because the muscles there aren't big and beefy. A gorilla is three times stronger than a human male. There would have to be some serious steroid use if I was going to try and put a gorilla in a joint lock. Not to mention a gorilla won't sit there and let someone pound on it. They aren't stupid they would be weary of a fast moving human near them. I'm not even going to mention the fangs. . .
  16. Akira

Akira Member

Oh god i forgot about the fangs. *wince*
  17. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

YES. Bruce Lee > Any Gorilla.
  18. Dirty_Zulu

Gorillas are as stupid if not stupider than say pigs or parrots. It's not like they're smart enough to figure which direction a kick is gonna come. They're not some fighting animal like yoda.

Goats' hide are tougher than a gorilla. I once kicked a goat square in the jaw and she was in major pain.
  19. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Man, that really reminds me of Stat class the other day, we were trying to decide...In a knife fight an Army Ranger v. a Samurai both equally equipped and both trained however they would normally be trained...who would win? We eventually (since we were in math class) came up with various scenarios and decided a Samurai is greater than or equal to an Army Ranger in a fight. And the time the Army Ranger wins, is in a fight in the jungle, otherwise we gave it to the Samurai.

!!!
    LOL at Dirty_Zulu kicking a goat square in the jaw!
  20. Ting

Ting IncGamers Member

IF Bruce Lee is everything he is made out to be, he should be able to take a gorilla.

Quick powerful kicks, one at a time, avoiding the gorilla's blows.