Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a Smiter kill a Hammerdin?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Holy Dude, Oct 15, 2013. | Replies: 14 | Views: 6776

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

My all time wish is to defeat my friend, a level 92 Hammerdin, with my Level 90 Smiter. These is what I look like:

Skills
    Smite -20
    Charge -20
    Holy Shield -20
    Fanaticism -20
    Defiance -10

Gear
    helm- Crown of Ages
    body- Enigma Archon Plate
    belt- Verdungo's Hearty Cord
    gloves- Dracul's Grasp
    boots- Gore Rider
    Weapon- Last With Phase Blade
    Shield- Upgraded Herald of Zakarum
    amulet- Mara's Kaliedoscope
    rings- Raven Frost 20 dex. Bul-Kathos 44 Life
    Charms- Anni, Torch, no Pcombs or lifer charms

help please
  2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

3. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, only if you can somehow teleport/charge through the hammerfield and not get hit by any of the hammers once you actually get to him, which is unlikely.

Since the hammers are magic damage the DR% and Res are useless when facing him, your best chance would be stacking as much magic absorb/reduction as possible, but since hammers do so much damage its still pretty pointless.
  4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Yeah, just for reference, there are only 3 mods that reduce magic damage:
    - magic protection (crafted safety shield, maximum 10%)
    - magic absorb (spirit sword, maximum 8 absorb)
    - magic damage reduced (various items, more or less 30-40 iirc)

But all in all, it's nothing but a drop of water on a hot plate,
    it'll only hold 200-300 damage while you still receive several 1000's (each hammer)
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Get your hp to 6k+ and use charge... And be lucky ofc, and you might kill him once or twice.. ;)
  6. Holy Dude

For Magic damage reduced, what does it mean? When it says reduced by 3, does that mean if they deal 25 magic damage, it ONY gets reduced to 21? or is it different?
  7. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

25 - 3 = 22.
  8. Holy Dude

Lol I meant 22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
  9. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Can you score couple kills on hammerdin? Yes
    Can you beat a decent one in ft5? Nope

Specially hard if all he does is joder around the moor. Telestomping with oakstack works sometimes, quick blind spots work if stops for a second etc.
  10. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

So on overall, smiter needs a lot of skill/concentration/special build/luck to beat a hammerdude,
    dude needs his left mouse cursor to stay down and can go have a drink/shower/... meanwhile ^^

EDIT: perhaps they should invent a skill similar to throw item? (throw shield? :p )
  11. michaeld

michaeld IncGamers Member

The problem for a smiter is that if telestomps a hammerdin he'll be masacred. If he goes for desynch he'll still lose. The solution hinges on the weakness of a paladin, as a paladin, similar to a barbarian, was meant to be a tank, not a blaster, yet without the same level of crowd control as the barbarian. This opens up an exploitable weakness of any paladin. (In general, the paladin was supposed to be able to stand in a crowd of meelers and casters (paladin's have the easiest getting high resists) while hitting many or take out single big enemies, whereas the barbarian was supposed to single out targets with crowd control and through high hit points and clever use of combat skills and the environment, prevail. Therefore a paladin cannot single out and caputre any single target, unlike the barbarian. Which ironically is also why a paladin is one of the worst choice when dueling casters, especially druid's and necro's, but sorc's too. Weapon - Eternity. Apply minion stacking. Use large melee minions, and don't go for amp casters. A paladin can only hit one target at a time. Unless he has hacks, his blessed hammers won't hit you. Telestomp him with 10 revives and you can safely smite away, and win: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...ost-kinds-of-paladins-ineffective-in-duels-if. A typical duel game lasts for ~20 minutes. Revives lasts for ~3 minutes, so you'll need to revive 7 - 8 times, that is 70 - 80 monsters. There should be plenty.Make sure you've enough ort runes + chipped topaz's [~ 8 * duel games] (or whatever the recipe is) so you can cheaply repair the charges.
  12. Holy Dude

Sigh. I miss when Melee Paladins were the best :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Benkovsky

Benkovsky IncGamers Member

LOL of course you can kill him, but first u need to change ur gear, with that gear i doubt it, u dont even hit the 6 frame smite with that gear and ur damage is low,dont need so much CB, put ber in Zaka ect ect,change COA use Shako, Grief PB, 9 Combat sks, put 2 bks, or str/dex life ring...and second of all u need to have a dueling strategy.
    I'll share with u one :)
    What Hammerdin does is teleporting on top of you, to slow him try to put charge on attack and holy freeze aura and charge around, if u see hes coming close at u, quick switch to smite/fana and use shift-smite before he teleports on top of u and he will land right on top of ur smite lol, he will be slowed and u have a chance to kill him if u do a good amount of damage,because u do the first hit and he will be stuned from smite too, but u have to be realy quick with charging and switching to smite and switching auras. Another trick is to try to charge always south of him, so his hammers cant hit you, because u know the way they row.

To all the guys who are saying it can't be done, watch n learn, this V/t raped him 10-0 easy, with the same strategy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipLfz4RyDA
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  14. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Only an idiot teleports on top of barbs and smiters.
  15. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

Terrible hammerdin player is what I see there.