Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Buying pc for d3 need advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by kaoslol, Apr 7, 2012. | Replies: 12 | Views: 999

1. kaoslol

kaoslol IncGamers Member

Buying pc for d3 need advice

As stated above im looking for a pc that can play diablo3 on high settings but i got a low budget of £350-£400 so im not lookiong for a godlike pc to play games like battlefield etc only d3 and starcraft etc.
    Any suggestions on whats good to buy.
    Please help.
    Thanks
  2. Sooru

Sooru IncGamers Member

Re: Buying pc for d3 need advice

Do you have an older computer you could use as base to upgrade some of the hardware? Or do you need every single piece including a monitor?
  3. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Buy something used from 2010. It should be ok.
  4. Dyz

Dyz IncGamers Member

5. kaoslol

kaoslol IncGamers Member

6. RyTEK

RyTEK IncGamers Member

You are in luck, D3 can be maxed on a very meager setup. Can you build it yourself?

If so, just go to tomshardware and check out the "Best Gaming CPU of Mar 2012" and "Best Gaming GPU of Mar 2012", then check out the "below $100 USD" and "$100 to $150 USD" pages. Then match the corresponding mobo, RAM, and PSU based upon reviews at tomshardware, HardOCP, and anandtech.

Using the above method, I built a budget PC for my father-in-law for $410 USD (minus Win7 key) that runs D3 beta at 1080p with AA full maxed. I was also running Skyrim maxed before I handed the machine off to him.

If you can't build a PC yourself, follow the other guys tips, but try to learn how to build one soon. I'd wager a $500 self-build can go head to head with most $700 to $1000 pre-built rigs, if not even higher.
  7. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

Your sarcasm might be useful elsewhere.........

8. RyTEK

RyTEK IncGamers Member

This will max D3 (perhaps w/o AA, but who cares). The G530 is considered the best $50 proc out there. I'm a little worried it may choke on battlefield though. Look for some G630 and G860s too... those will scale better with the video card. If you can get a core i3 2120 machine for around 360 pounds you'd really be in business.

P.S. VAT tax sucks!

9. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

For the price it sounds like a good deal to me. You'll be able to max out DIII. The CPU is an excellent value but it's not a very good gaming CPU, so it'll be good enough for DIII and SC2 but it'll struggle with more demanding games.
  10. Dyz

Dyz IncGamers Member

You can always build a pc cheaper than you can have one made, and if you budgeting you can always build better than what your gonna get premade.

Its absolutely easy to build your own too, all the products come with manuals that explain step for step how to install and get them working. There is also a gazillion guides on the internet you can look over prior to doing anything.

After buying a couple pcs, in 2004 i just decided enough was enough with the price gouging. I built my own pc and spent what I would have to buy one built. It was a beast compared to what I would have gotten and it took me maybe 3 hours to put it together. It took me maybe another hour to tweak it a bit once it booted up. It is not rocket science, and once you do it once, you will realize how dumb it is to buy one premade.

My links and the other person had some Tom's Hardware links that you can litterally just buy those pieces and put them together. It's also alot more fun when you build it yourself and you feel like you accomplished something. :smug:
  11. kaoslol

kaoslol IncGamers Member

So i found a choice of 3 pcs here are the choices.
    all i want is a pc to play d3 and starcraft 2 and perhaps WoW as they only games i play and play oinly rts and rpg games.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-168-OE
    or http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-302-OK&groupid=43&catid=2236&subcat=
    or http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-091-OP

I dont want the best out of them all tbh i want to save money so please help me choose a pc out of the 3 thats suitable for d3 and starcraft2 and other rpg/rts games.
  12. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

You'll get pretty much what you pay for, the last one has a 6570, which... should still be good enough for DIII, but obviously is significantly slower than the GTX 550Ti or the 6850. The i3 2100 is better than the Celeron G530 and the FX-4 4100 for gaming. So... it comes down to how much you are willing to sacrifice performance to save money. Obviously the first one would be the best choice but if you really need to save a few bucks, the second second one is good enough to play all these games pretty much max (I don't know how many fps @ Ultra in SC2 though, probably more like 30-60fps).
  13. Boi

Boi IncGamers Member

Get the parts you need, make it yourself. Plan ahead!