Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Buy and Sell ticker

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by darkrealm, Dec 11, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 3270

1. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

So I wanted to start a new thread that will give our forum goers a bit of an advantage on buying and selling items in general. We have a good start on Brimstones and IGG, but I want to give some thoughts on items as well.

As an example, right now I would be a buyer on non-life steal weapons. Reason being: the impending nerf to reflects damage should even out the playing field a bit.

I would also be a seller of life steal weapons now if you can dump them. Same reason as above.

Please feel free to add your thoughts.
  2. betazoid

betazoid IncGamers Member

For sprint baba life steal >> loh by far (full benefit vs 0.08 loh for tornados), so not quite sure why those value would go down. Most people are just getting the DPS that would benefit from life steal over loh. Maybe for ranged that is so that no life steal is needed.
  3. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

With reflect damage on the list to be 'fixed' or 'nerfed' in the near future, it may not be necessary to have as much life steal as you can equip to keep yourself alive against nasty reflect packs. He isn't saying life on hit is more useful (though the calculator I use indicates most ww/sprint barbs try to switch from life on hit to life steal at far too low a dps level) than life steal.
  4. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

If reflects becomes a temporary effect and is reduced in effect then LOH or LL might become a bit obsolete versus those mobs. Now, in general, either of those is advisable to have to survive in general versus elites/bosses.

Here is my point, at 200k DPS on my wizard, without LL I would kill myself very quickly versus reflects mobs. If they nerf those mobs to a point where LL is not needed or necessary, I could get a bigger damage weapon and not worry about LL or LoH. As a Wizard I can spec 1.5 LL on a skill. Barbs can do 3% by skills. Perhaps, just with those, it will be enough and you will not need LOH/LL on a weapon. Get my point?
  5. xduncanx

xduncanx IncGamers Member

whats this about brimstones and IGG?
  6. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Dont know what IGGs are but brimstones (together with iridescent tears) are expected to get a boost in usability. right now they're worthless (along with crafting in general) and very cheap. the idea is that crafting or the use for BS and IT will improve and therefore their value. some people, including me, have stacked up on these items hoping that they will increase dramatically in value after the next patch(es). Granted, it is all speculations.

EDIT: wanted to add that, remember last 2 patches, how the value for crafting material increased by 200%? at least in EU SC. might be worth some consideration as well. i remember BS being at 360k for days. i know cus i bought-out a bunch of legendaries that was priced lower.
    Same with gems, although its riskier since dupers do gems and not crafting material and you can lose quite alot in no time.