Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[BUG] EHP calculation monk

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Grishok, Aug 10, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1537

1. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

2. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

3. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

Mantra of Evasion works (Just on dodge ;) )

So the dodge ones should be working just only for the result with dodge added.

I'm working on Seize right now... my debug shows the extra armour going on but the number isn't changing so checking now.
  4. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

OK, now I figured it out. It's working as intended.

The idea is you type in your armour value as you see on your character sheet. This is already using your Seize bonus so the toggle actually allows my system to deduct it from the base value to find out your true base armour. Then adds the armour bonus back on after some other calcs (Like comparing new / old item).

I hope that helps, let me know if there's more I can do for you!
  5. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Thanks for looking into it so quickly!

You're right about the MoE and StI, sorry :) I'm comparing with http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#calculator/2f147006-aa23-621e-26a5-13c587552c47 to see if I can get the output the same.

I see that Lightning Flash is included, but has the tooltip for MoE ;-) It might be a good idea to group the buffs a bit more logically, mantra's together, active skill buffs together etc.

I fiddle with it a bit more, see what I get. Keep up the good work!
  6. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

OK, I now get (almost) the same EHP values for both calculators. For the Rubensayshi calc I have to type in the dodge chance manually (you calculate it automatically I guess) and the unbuffed armor value without StI. Might be an idea to mention the workings of the StI calculation somewhere near the checkbox/toolbox.

I prefer your way, that way I can use only the web character profile info without having to load D3 :)

The other webpage has some nice things like stat weight and blocking though.
  7. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

Thanks ! :)

Yeah, I'll have a look when I get back from GamesCom.

Basically the choice I made was to keep this calculator easier than the rest. The drawback is that it's a little simpler (less features!) but much clearer and easier to use. I found myself finding it hard to use all other EHP calculators and was like "uggg I just want to know how tough I'll be!".

The shield thing is something I ummed and erred over for a long time. What it came down too is that I didn't want to have users having to find out the enemies attack power to find out how usefull it is :\

As you can see it's a trade off :)

Thanks for all the great feedback :D

8. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Couldn't you use the monster level to estimate the monster damage? Users can always leave the blocking fields blank if desired. A short note would be clear enough.

Anyway, good work and enjoy GamesCom :)