Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Boss pack crowding entrance

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by KiraZ, Apr 16, 2012. | Replies: 16 | Views: 1007

1. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Boss pack crowding entrance

Guys, I need some creative strategy for this battle
    How do I kill this archer pack in Pit? They overcrowded the lvl 2 entrance.

2 boss packs merged of LI archers.
    Mod 1: Either CE or HF aura, Stone Skin, 1 more I don't have time to read
    Mod 2: Don't even have time to peek, but confirmed to have Fanat. Somehow she walked away (no aura atm), but her minions are stacking with Mod 1 Boss, so I guess she's not that far off.

Strategy is Fade and SM before entering, always stay in entrance for quick in and out (my full juv is left 2 from 12). Auto CoS upon entering, spam MB, then spam FB. Always getting slowed and I don't use BoS making FB so slow. So far only 1 archer died from converted shots. Can't even start DS-ing without bodies. If they focus fire me I'll down in 2 secs approx (got to 110 just now)

Any tips? Rush to middle of the area and open TP then start from lvl 1 again? Keep MB and FB for whatever it's worth?

Assuming no parking ofc. Is it simply impossible?
    Oh, I'm in HC btw.

Took a pic right after entering. I'll try to at least see the mods to have more information

2. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Re: Boss pack crowding entrance

If you feel comfortable enough, Pit 2 always has a few packs of Fallen and shaman in it. So if you push in a little ways, your traps might be able to take them down to produce some corpses for DS. Be wary, however, that there's often skeletons down there, too, and if they're LI... well, that's kinda scary to have to deal with, especially if a skeleton is one of the other unique packs. iirc, there's sometimes as many as four unique/champ packs in that small little space, so this could be a very dangerous adventure...

3. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Those archers are not there at start. I had unique fallen packs. Killed those, then saw Fanat aura incoming and I ran back like a mofo to entrance. Not before stacking my DS tho, which killed 1 archer only (she was herding the rest)

Planning to run straight to the middle and TP while the archers are tame momentarily from MB, but I sort of wary with the wandering Fanat archer boss. If she is multiple shot / ES... well, I'm toast. Right now I'm farming other areas for full juvs, but I want to return there again.

4. Fyourics

Fyourics IncGamers Member

If you aren't playing single pass full clears/tournament, just save and exit. Probably nothing you get down there is worth a deeds.

5. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

My tip: save and exit.

6. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Seems almost everyone recommended S&E. Unfortunately, it's pretty much I die or they die. My tourney have no full clear rule, but my pride says otherwise. Pray for my survival :wave::wave: Also, any further advices on getting through this?

Mod 1 boss turns out to be Stone Skin, CE, and Aura (HF). Thankfully that's a bit redundant. The second boss pack turns out to be Cursed Fanat (no time to read last mod) LI unique skeleton. That second archer pack is not minion. Currently fighting for grounds.

Pics:

7. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Oh crap. That skeleton is FI LI (FE Fanat Cursed). No choice but to abort the run and S&E. A bit of a let down :steam:

@TheReadMenace: DS is a good damage source, only that I'm in /p8, so it won't tear the pack with only 1 or 2 bodies.

8. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Aw, that sucks. Very cool thread though :) like a live feed!

9. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Lol, glad to be nice reading.

Just a question tho. I've decided to abort that level and restart, but I'm still curious on my chances. Morally, do you SPFers feel that it is wrong if I copy the save file, then try to beat those mobs? It's not that I'll continue even if I somehow win that encounter (I'll just delete and replace with the saved file even if they dropped 100 HRs each, so technically I *am* aborting the run), but I want to give it a whirl once without costing my char. Thoughts?

10. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

In my opinion that is against the spirit of hardcore. If you think that way, may as well play SC. Most do play SC, after all.

11. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

That is a grey zone to put it mild, I think. That's probably a better-PM-Thy-or-not-do-it kinda question ;)

12. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Well in that case, I prefer my HC journey to be pure.

Keep having the nagging feeling that I misread the mod wrongly. Just restart and the Bone Warriors inside is innately CI, which makes them impossible to be FI LI. Must be reading fails or there are 3 boss packs or whatever. Spoilt milk is spoilt.

13. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll send a PM since I need to know more about HC ethics, it seems

14. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Wuss... :badteeth:

Nice description, and I do not want to make you angry, but from what I can put together from your description and screenies, this situation does not sound like it reaches even 5 (of 10) on the danger meter. Not for an Assassin and her crowd control.
    (Although it will get a lot worse worse if that Fanaticism skelly and his buddies were to reach the starting room, providing Fana for all the archers and clog up the entrance for you to reached further into the place!)

Whenever you establish a good foothold early on in this area, it's a good idea to set up an escape TP in the far right of the upper part of this area (in the corner a bit up and right of the the (upper right) Devilkin Shaman home, and then always make sure to have two different exits to the place.

15. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Lol why would I be angry? I actually agree that this could be far worse (the archer boss mods were rather harmless, if she switched mods with that skelly then it's more scary), and is why I previously insisted on killing them. I just know that the game will throw something far, far worse later on and I want to prepare for this with advice from the veterans here.
    For now, I always go to pit 2 while MF-ing and try different approaches. I'd made the mistake of luring them to the starting room, but I managed to rush straight after they were converted, which is why I can peek at the rest of the room. However, the dual immune unique has the lynchpin (Fanat), which makes it hard to prioritize safely, and thus I aborted them altogether.

I'll keep your TP tactics in mind. God knows I'll need them on A3 ruined temples and such.

16. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Because I called you a wuss. :)

There are situations where it actually does work to lure enemies back towards the starting room - strong packs of skeletons and melee rogues (without archers nearby) can usually be succesfully fought in that very narrow bottleneck by the starting room.

The way to win the fight you described is to fight anywhere the Fanaticism boss is not. If needed, he must be lured somewhere and get portal parked (temporarily). As you progress, you may have to park him more times. Give priority to take down the HF boss. Did you have Dragon Flight available? That's a great skill to get your merc to tank a particular boss when you want him to. When everything else is dead, you spam MB so the boss gets pushed into a wall while your merc kills him. This boss has no big physical resistance, so it should go down reasonably quickly when it can't fight back.

17. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

To avoid Fanaticism being a complication, you can also TP back to town and hope for a better aura when you return.