Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bnet Lagging badly?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by junglejunkie, Mar 8, 2006. | Replies: 12 | Views: 484

1. junglejunkie

junglejunkie Banned

Bnet Lagging badly?

Just wanted to make sure it's not just me.

Bnet seems to lag MUCH worse than it did when I played last, which was a couple months ago.. It's like every 5 minutes, the ping goes up to 4k for like 30-40 secs, then comes back down.

This is pretty consistent.

Also, even average pings seem to fluctuate WAY more than they used to.

Anyone else experiencing this? And are there any know causes/solutions?

thanks for any input.

edit:

ALSO, WTF is with these forums? Posting leads you to an Error Page, and often you inadvertantly double-post. Hah, the whole d2 universe seems to be unravelling.
  2. setju

setju IncGamers Member

yeah on east lag ish bad, teh lag also, forums takin a poop or somthing
  3. Psyrus

Psyrus IncGamers Member

No, you're not alone. This lag spike issue has been around since the near beginnings of 1.10. Sometimes it happens constantly; Sometimes there will be days when it doesn't happen at all. Luck, I guess.

As for the forums, I haven't the slightest. Although, there were a number of related threads about it.

To quote a reply from one of those threads...
  4. camelass

camelass IncGamers Member

yep USeast is lagging hardcore. If it lags out while im in somewhere hot.. say baal runs. I just leave the game. I dont want to take the risk of dying.
  5. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

The forums have been buggy for the better part of the week. They were down most of the day for me, but overall they've been up even though a little messed up. So long as I can get my fix the bugginess isn't so bad. More of a headache for the mods than anyone else.

Speaking of which, sorry mods- I'm double posting all over the freaking place right now....
  6. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

/me wonders how long it will take CF to figure out what the really awful side effect of all of this is. :laugh:

Well, awful for some ...
  7. Xora

Xora Europe Trade Moderator

It's staring to more than do my head in :shocked:
  8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus IncGamers Member

They seemed more stable a couple years ago when there were 3-4x as many people online.
  9. diablo2addict

diablo2addict IncGamers Member

yeah, it's really bad for me on uswest as well. It's completely fine until every 5 or 10 or so minutes when there'll be a 5 or 10 second period where you can't do anything...then it resumes.
  10. Ed C

Ed C Banned

I am on west and it is lagging. I got a new machine and that seems to have helped a bite. I think ram, hard drive space and cpu speed is also a factor.:cry:
  11. Cannon Fodder

I honestly have no clue...:confused2:. That is, unless you mean our post counts are barely increasing. Otherwise, you've lost me.

And how has my post count gone DOWN since yesterday? I was at like 615 and now I'm at 602, and I know I should be at more like 630 or 640 :rant: This sucks. :cry:

(would have edited, couldn't)
  12. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

*Checks watch* Hmmm, about nine hours.

Post counts were not increasing, but every time a duplicate had to be deleted it would decrease the count by 1. Bad for those who care about such things. Fortunately, everything seems to be working correctly again at the moment.

*knocks on wood*

If it makes you feel any better, I've probably axed a couple dozen of my own posts during this whole minor disaster.
  13. Cannon Fodder

I'll survive. But I realized and stopped posting so as not to go below 600. I kinda like 600. I'll just make sure to spam a whole lot both to catch back up and drive you crazy :wink:

And I consider 9 hours fairly respectable. My mommy always called me special for a reason...