Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard Visit: Diablo 3 and Diablo Console Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hound, Jun 24, 2013. | Replies: 89 | Views: 3500

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

As I mentioned <a href="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-diablo-3-podcast-96-economy-the-console-and-auction-house-fixes">on the last podcast</a>, I'm one of a few fansite peeps who have been invited to an event at Blizzard this Friday, June 28th. I'll be in the Blizzard offices all day Friday, and while the itinerary isn't yet finalized, the tentative plan is to give us 90 minutes play time on the Diablo 3 Console, plus a 2 hour lunch with the devs, plus an hour-long Diablo 3 Open House conversation with the devs. (There's even play time set for Hearthstone, which should be interesting as I know zero about it.)

The format sounds like of a group chat/conversation rather than a standard interview, but with the generous time allotted I should have ample opportunity to ask about any number of issues pertaining to Diablo 3, future patches, development ideas, rewards and regrets, etc. So if you've got questions you want answered, or general topics you want to be sure we discuss, this is an excellent time to let me know. Hit the comments below for that.
    <!--more-->

There will be an NDA, as always when visiting Blizzard, but I think they'll just ask us not to post anything until early next week to give everyone who attends a chance to return home and prepare their coverage. So hopefully by next week I'll be free to communicate everything I see and learn with you guys. Expect articles, videos, and some podcast coverage as well.
  2. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Stuff I would like to see discussed (not that I expect any of this to be discussed, but it's what I would be most interested in):

1) What types of perpetual content are the devs planning on implementing, if any (e.g., infinite dungeon, etc.). Do they consider this the second-biggest (after itemization, I guess) need, or is this really on the backburner such that we shouldn't expect this post expansion, if ever?
    2) Have there been any considerations for procedurally-generated challenges (e.g., kill this boss with this type of skill/rune) with their own rewards? If not, is it because they haven't considered it, or because they think it's uninteresting?
    3) Are there any plans to boost drop rates such that the game is still interesting in terms of getting a (probably crappy) legendary once you can farm MP4-MP5? Right now, it's hard for me to find upgrades, ever, and I'm still <100k DPS, but the lack of rewarding drop rates is really lame.
  3. Faramis

Faramis Guest

Well, the obvious question that I kind of doubt even needed suggesting: What is the status on 1.0.9 patch, that is if there will be any before the itemization patch.
  4. Peter

Peter IncGamers Member

eta on drop changes? tired of getting 500 crap rares for every crap legendary
  5. JMT

JMT IncGamers Member

Questions

1.Will u ever stop profiting from bots and just end their era so we can have a proper market?
    2.Will we see public games and a better chat in the future? (THIS WILL NOT RUIN the auction house ... people are itching badly for a proper social establishment within the game. At the moment there is 0 social interaction ( even whit the updated party bonus , people don't talk to one another = no fun.
    3.Increase legendary drop rate on bosses , will we ever see it ?
    4.Support for multiboxers (since u allowed it) loot master (party leader can see all drops from all players or sounds on drops from each character in party (at least for legendary's , rings and amulets.

that's all thanks and good day.
  6. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

"That's an interesting idea and it has come up in discussions but we don\'t have any definitive plans right now."

Insert this answer for all questions.
  7. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

be sure and say "Hi" to Jill Harrington
  8. Kripplex

Kripplex IncGamers Member

Any plans for a demo on the console version? If so, before release, at release, or after release?

I ask this because I want to be able to try out the controls before I purchase the console version. I would like to get preorder bonuses, but I will not preorder unless I know whether I like the controls.
  9. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Thanks for asking us for questions Flux and congrats on getting invited. These are my questions, in no particular order:

1) Are there any plans to make Bosses more lucrative targets? If so, how exactly? At the moment, the additional 3-4 Rare items they drop compared to Rare monsters doesn\'t really make them good targets, even at the end of one's farming run, which was the original intention when Nephalem Valor was introduced.

2) Will they make Unique monsters (the ones with purple names) more interesting? They don't give NV stacks (except the ones that are part of a quest), their drops aren't affected by it (except for the MF bonus) and there's simply nothing unique about them, other than their names and flavor text. They simply have no role in the game, except for serious achievement hunters.

3) Can we expect to see more interesting random content in the expansion, compared to the simple, randomly generated dungeons and events? The Crumbling Vault and Ancient Device is a good example of what I'm thinking about.

4) Can they show us anything concrete about the stats of the new Legendaries just so that we can see what can we look forward to? The example that Travis gave of a wizard wand or off-hand, that would allow us to summon two Hydras sounds amazing. Can we really expect bonuses on that level?

5) Act 4 dungeons. They won't stay like this forever, right?

6) Automatic cutscene skipping. When?

7) Are they still planning to balance skills separately for PvE and PvP? Jay Wilson said a few years back, that the skills were set up for this.

7a) If the answer is no, how will they handle the astronomical player damage in PvP?

8) Are they planning to make defensive and utility focused skills more viable for PvE? At the moment, with the exception of Hardcore, many of these skills can be more or less safely ignored.

8b) Also shields, they have the same problem.
  10. yovargas

My only question is - will you please allow me and then teach me to mod D3 so I can start fixing stuff now instead of a year from now?
  11. HardRock

So your real question is when will we get an offline version of the game? Fortunately, soon (real soon, not "soon"(tm)). Unfortunately, only for consoles, where there's no dedicated modding community, not the least because modifying the game files requires you to void your warranty.
  12. DrVictorinox

DrVictorinox Guest

Can you increase the drop rate on 5L chest pieces?
  13. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

14. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Well, if Flux won't get a better answer than that, then there's no hope for Blizz-manity.
  15. yovargas

Actually, what I really want is an alternate version of D3 that was still online-only (to minimize dupes/cheats/ect) but that was re-designed entirely by me.

Well, no, what I really want is for somebody to hire me as a professional game designer despite having no experience or qualifications. So my real question to Blizz is - would you be willing to fire your current creative lead and hire some poster named yovargas?
  16. HardRock

Hopefully the few new devs on the team will help steer the game in a good direction. Still, I wish you good luck . :)
  17. Sayaf

Sayaf IncGamers Member

it\'s interesting they picked june 28. my questions to them would be:

-Any chance to have a collaboration with matt uelmen for the expansion? similar to what they did with jermey soule for mists of pandaria?

-were they satisfied with the storytelling and the story in general for d3? if not are there any lessons they learnt?

- Is having servers with no auction houses a possibility?
  18. Jakehart100

Jakehart100 Guest

Recently Josh Mosquiera said this:

\"In the future, we\'ll be focused on preserving the core fantasy by cultivating the roots of the Diablo storyline, fine-tuning the heroes for what lays ahead, and creating new monsters and demons that will once again plant the seed of fear in your hearts.\"

What plans does he have to make this happen? Does it involve fixing story issues in Diabo 3 itself, or is he simply referring to working on the expansion?
  19. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

what's interesting about June 28