Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard North - think it's coming back?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Aranock, Jun 27, 2008. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1198

1. Aranock

Aranock IncGamers Member

Blizzard North - think it's coming back?

~~~Dead post ~~~

First off, i suggest reading the D3 wiki on this website if you haven't already.

Do you think if they announce D3 that they will reopen Blizzard North or keep it all at Irvine?

Blizzard has grown more over the past few years than they ever have, and so a new facility would make sense with all of the new employees working on various projects. :scratchchin: They did close Blizzard North to keep things under control and for monitoring, but perhaps they reorganized and are ready to open those doors back up!

More speculation for fun:

If this teaser is related to Diablo, i wonder if it is going to have a relation to Blizzard North <hence the ice>. Remember the old Blizzard North intro on the Diablo games?(a blizzard, snow, an icy logo..) Could be part of the announcement......here's hopin!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzard North - think it's coming back?

Well... I dont see why it would be necessary, Blizz north left and is now FSS with the failure known as HGL. Any development that D3 receives could come from whatever Dev team they have, no need to split Blizzard into south and north again.

3. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

No its not, and Blizzard North never really left they just joined with the Blizz HQ in irvine cal. you can read that on alot of pages. the only reason people think its completely gone is because some of the developers went off to new projects such as mythos, arena net(guildwars), and hellgate london. but most of the original devs are still with them. =]

4. Aranock

Aranock IncGamers Member

To play devils advocate (of myself), it would be easy for them to just purchase a nearby building, add another floor, etc to their Irvine location....hell...they have a trophy room and a gym!

As for the employees leaving, not all of them did. Just the big 4, and later some stragglers.

5. Friends Call Me Butch

Friends Call Me Butch IncGamers Member

6. Aranock

Aranock IncGamers Member

I stand corrected. This link proves Blizz North people are elsewhere.

Nevertheless, reopening could still be a possibility.

Edit: Even more unlikely with the merger...if you know anything about mergers. Blast.

Thanks for the link butch

Going to call this a dead forum topic.:tombstone::locked::tombstone:

7. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

well to liven it up a bit i just heard from a friend (could be true or not but seems logical) that blizzard hired some of those devs from North back to blizzard to work on hydra

8. prion

prion IncGamers Member

iirc they had separate shops because blizzard north was actually another company that they had bought.

it makes no sense now to buy another building in a completely different location and relocate a bunch of people there