Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard Ignores Players Scams him out of Money RMAH

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by lowkeylai, Jul 14, 2012. | Replies: 21 | Views: 6810

1. lowkeylai

lowkeylai IncGamers Member

2. lowkeylai

lowkeylai IncGamers Member

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2ij0uns.jpg <-- Link for proof that the item sold

http://oi49.tinypic.com/34npmyt.jpg <--- Link for proof that the item SOLD ingame

First Convo with Blizz stating that in fact the item was sold and takes time
    http://oi50.tinypic.com/2ajx5c1.jpg

This is then them stating how it didnt sell when the first link says THEY sent me and email stating it sold after the pending time everyone gets these after the review.
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/zoas7m.jpg

Then this is them saying how wait how it didnt fail its completed its not pending anymore so changing there story again lol.
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/34qs2o1.jpg

Now this is where it gets great now they go back to saying the item was sent to me when A. I have a flipping EMAIL stating the auction cleared WHY THE HECK WOULD THE ITEM go back to me and then B. These people just stated like earlier that IT SOLD and isnt pending what is this I contradict myself city???
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/2meqvbr.jpg

Then this is where my IQ just drops from what there saying
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/34q61pf.jpg

Then this is where they finally go okay sorry item is lost we cant do nothing nor will we and we sorry oh well.( Totally forgot they make like 1 billion gold in fees everyday to)
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rntnxe.jpg

So with this stated I have already made a complaint towards the FBI and BBB because well after having to deal with this stuff its a joke but please everyone tell your friends and others make it public cause I want this stuff fixed and they refuse to fix it when I have proof it was there fault.
    just incase it gets deleted heres how it goes
  3. viledevil

viledevil IncGamers Member

perhaps you'd get further without saying **** so often.

did you try phoning support?

assuming your pics are accurate, your item sold and it switched to sold in your completed tab. in my experience that means that the money should now be on its way to your paypal account. they give themselves 5 days to get that to you according to their TOS so once that time had past obviously there was a problem. its not clear to me reading through there what they are saying other than the dept you are dealing with is not able to do what you need them to do. it seemed to me you should be asking to be put in touch with the appropriate party. one thing to learn would be whether or not the buyer received the item - in my experience the buyer gets the item quite some time before the money moves.

i hope you get this resolved, but remember that calm, cool and collected with get you further than swearing, and that some people are literally not able to help you - your goal then should be identifying who CAN help you and getting through to them. gl
  4. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

I'm sure I saw a similar complaint/report a while ago

and customer support was equally inept that time
  5. treader

treader IncGamers Member

Some of these cases sounds like the item was bought by someone using ccf (credit card fraud) and the money was never there in the first place. That means Blizzard will have a hard time dealing with this type of scenario as they have to pump in their own resources to pay the seller instead.

When you want to use resources from a big company such as Blizz, it takes a long long time and theres a lot of procedures/forms to get to. I bet the Customer support team got lazy there. I am pretty sure you will get the money wired to your paypal soon with no questions asked and that is Blizz own money.

Hooray for RMAH!.
  6. Esam

Esam IncGamers Member

They shouldn't have to pump resources in for anything. If the transaction fails due to credit card fraud, return the item to the original seller. Simple as that.

7. KaoticSoul

KaoticSoul IncGamers Member

@OP

Have you tried contacting Pay-pal? This is what they are for. When you get scammed out of money, they reimburse you. Could be worth a try.
  8. Retardje

Retardje IncGamers Member

You can say whatever you want about him, but if I would get adressed by the customer service with automated responses and in fact just a bunch of bullcrap every single time, I would lose it too. There is only so much jibberish one man can handle and this sat sob got the motherload. Its not one representive of Blizzard failing here. Its all of them. Time after time they just give him some auto-mail + 1 or 2 sentences which indicate they dont have a clue about what they are talking. Not once he asked about getting the item back, but they keep talking about that ****. He just wants his money. In the end, I hope this does get to court, 'cause you cant deal with people like that.
  9. bbrtki

bbrtki IncGamers Member

Paypal, or your credit card company, depending where the money came from.
    Poor service, they're not really making any high scores on this action...

10. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

Why does everything about this game keep getting worse? And why, more importantly, does Blizzard essentially admit it?
  11. naklin

naklin IncGamers Member

usually ticketing and email blizzard support isn't that good.

However, each time I didn't get anywhere by written communication with them due to automated responses and standardized answers, i called support (which sadly cost me a lot of money, from Asia in a country where blizz has no local phone support number) and once we got to talk with the customer support in a calm and correct way, it all got solved.

Try it.
  12. Tautology

Tautology IncGamers Member

If you are outside of the US just take them to small claims court. You probably have enough documentation for a judgment. Inside the US... /shrug. The US legal system to too screwed up to figure out what will happen.
  13. wrugoin

wrugoin IncGamers Member

First of all, @OP I have to say that your situation totally sucks. Your experience with customer service is pitiful. Thanks for sharing.

I literally came to these forums today to get some feedback on the RMAH and they safety of using it. Last night I've finally found an item that makes me consider setting up a PayPal account and selling it for real money instead of gold. (2H X-bow, 1149dps, 100% crit dmg, 821 life on hit, 61vit). Anyway, I've lost whatever confidence I had in Blizzard making me right should something happen when selling that item.

I think I'll keep it instead.
  14. viledevil

dont be silly, this is an isolated story and you only have half of it (if that).

sell your item, make some $.
  15. chumly

chumly IncGamers Member

Take them to court.
  16. Shadow Hado

Shadow Hado IncGamers Member

Bump. It's sad that we're getting screwed like this.

Just over a week or two after the game came out, I had some problems with the AH where I tried to bid on a few different weapons, and the AH said "That item is no longer available." So then, I bid on one that was scheduled to end soon, and after waiting for 1-2 min I got an error message saying "The request has timed out."

A little while later, I come back to my PC, go to the AH, and find myself missing lots of gold (at the time) and four new weapons in my completed tab. I needed ONE.

Needless to say, everytime I sent in a ticket (I sent three and then created a thread,) I got a reply that had absolutely NOTHING to do with my issue, and all of them were copy and paste answers basically telling me "don't worry, your item will arrive soon! If you have any more questions about how the AH works, please visit..."

I eventually gave up on it because no one would even take the time to properly READ my tickets, let alone respond properly to them.

At the time it was a lot of gold to me, and now I can easily make that much in like 15-20 min, but it's the principle of the thing. The customer support I have received was almost as terrible as this guy's; thank god it wasn't real world money, because that would've set me off. $180 is not a small amount of money to the vast majority of the world.
  17. viledevil

we? **** happens, this is the first story like this i've seen and i read a lot of d3 stuff. i have yet to be convinced that the original poster is telling the full story.

as for the gah at the start that is irritating, i hope you were able to flip em for a reasonable profit.
  18. aj2000

aj2000 IncGamers Member

Condolences.

I've seen cases like yours (or similar) while reading through forum. Whatever the real story is, it makes sense that there're rare cases of problems similar to what you describe. When you deal with that many transactions on that complex a system, I'd be surprised if cases like this didn't happen at all.

And yes their online customer support is for the most part a "Discouragement design", by that I mean the design philosophy of solving issues not by fixing them but by frustrating customer so much they give up from fatigue, whether this was intended or simply the result of incompetence doesn't matter (I go by results). It also sometimes return replies that are irrelevant to the problems I posed (answering a completely different question), and often times look like an automated response on top. I recall reading about someone getting a response that talked about WoW, while the ticket is about issues in Diablo 3.

After the first 2-3 tickets I did (on a different issue) I realized it's a Discouragement design and never bothered with the ticket support again, as mentioned use the call support to get a real person is the more effective way to go, it might not solve it but you should get the official bottom-line (you got shafted, no recourse from activision at least) faster at the least. I'd only use the ticket support for something very simple, routine and with established procedures.

Try to get the name of your support on phone and a way to reach him/her directly, and follow up on the same issue with the same person, apply courtesy and patience and you should usually get real help, or in this case honest answers if that is all the help they can give. Just remember that the support staff is not to blame (don't take it out on them, sympathize with them instead), they're as much a victim of the system as you.

As for making you bear the cost of their mistake, I'm afraid that's how the world works, it's all about who has more leverage. Just look at the latest economic issues of this era (hint: Banks).

If I have a kid, the first notion I'd beat out of him/her is fairness, nothing handicaps you more in life.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  19. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Why would anyone believe the line "customer support cannot help you in this situation". If the request is reasonable, it's customer supports job to satisfy. The operator can talk to the manager. Why should the customer try and search public records, to find out who the manager is, when the operator can turn around and ask him in person? In every job I've had, I was trained, if I couldn't help someone, I should go find someone who can. It's the customer supports responsibility to help the customer in every way possible. This includes monetary reimbursement with something so proven as this situation.
  20. Haru

Haru IncGamers Member

If there isnt a single post saying "stop being so entitled" "lol @ poor people caring for 180$", calling you a liar and whatnot in the original thread I'd be very much surprised (Diablo community was so much better before the third game).
    I do think you are doing well with making noise about this, the less you do the easier it is for you to be silenced.
    Hopefully they wont delete your thread/close it for no good reason and you'll get your money or item back, but if my experience with reading their forums have teached me anything, that is: dont count on it. more likely they will just ignore you and wait for you to give up.