Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard Answers Diablo 3 Console Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hound, Jun 26, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1064

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

Blues replied to a couple of Diablo 3 Console questions today, re: a Collector's Edition and control functions.

<font color="#FFFFFF">Will there be a collector's edition for consoles?</font>
    <strong>Vaeflare: </strong>We will not be offering a separate collector's edition of the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III, but we have a variety of preorder bonuses and exclusives available to those who take the fight for Sanctuary to consoles. You can <a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/new-diablo%C2%AE-iii-console-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013">read about them here</a> in this blog.

We have not released any details pertaining to the PlayStation 4 version at this time. [source]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9363116668#4[/source]

<p><code><br/></code></p>

<font color="#FFFFFF">1. Does the game pause when my friends(local) trying to change his skill or anything?</font>
    1.) If there are only local players in the game, the game will pause when the inventory or skill screens are up. If remote players are also present, the game will not pause.

<font color="#FFFFFF">2. Does stash sharable in local?</font>
    2.) If you are signed into your own profile/user for a local game, you get access to your own stash and do not have to share!

<font color="#FFFFFF">3. What are R3/L3 button do?</font>
    3.) In gameplay, R3 places a beacon of light over the player’s head. This is particularly useful when coordinating in multiplayer as a way to visually indicate “Over here!†to your group. L3 has no dedicated function in gameplay - We felt it would be pretty awkward to click down when you also use it for movement.

<font color="#FFFFFF">4. What are D-pad button do?</font>
    4.) Pressing the D-pad up while in game will allow you to Fast Equip items. Pressing the D-pad right will cast your Town Portal, and pressing the D-pad down will allow you to access your full-screen map.

<font color="#FFFFFF">5. can i pause the game without being attacked by anything?</font>
    5.) If there are only local players in the game, then yes, the game pauses when the START button is pressed or when the inventory/skill screens are up. If remote players are also present, the game will not be paused.
    [source]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344334985#2[/source]

Not related to any of these questions, but it's something I mentioned in the <a href="http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?197-Diablo-3-Console">Diablo 3 console forum</a> thread. I really hope our <a href="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-visit-diablo-3-and-diablo-console-questions">hosts this Friday</a> have planned for the attendees to do some grinding with high level, pre-made characters.

Rolling brand chars will be interesting to test out the control changes and 4p on the same screen and such, but like the vast majority of you guys, I'm most interested in how the Diablo 3 Console differs in the end game and economy, with the "fewer rares of better quality" tweaks to the item game. If Bliz doesn't give us some play time with Paragon 50s with top quality gear, it'll really be a missed opportunity.
  2. trocadero

trocadero IncGamers Member

Considering Blizzard, nor Blizzard North, have ever tested end game Diablo before ship in their history, I wouldn\'t hold my breath. If they don\'t have a PTR for the expansion, it\'ll be incredibly stupid, but in keeping w/ tradition.
  3. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

Blizzard tested the end game of the pc version of D3 extensively

they tested Inferno and kept saying how awesome and difficult it was
    they did a \"Friend & Family\" beta
    Bash said he had played many chars to max level and into Inferno

but somehow they still managed to do an incredibly horrible job with the QA

I remember one week after release they were already doing a patch that removed one rune and replaced it with a completely different one

but they\'ve had PTR\'s for awhile now, so hopefully they\'ll have a much larger group of players for the expansion alpha/beta
  4. Enkeria

Enkeria IncGamers Member

I wonder if they will make the PC C.E. a bit more C.E. since the soundtrack is availible for purchase now. The behind-scene dvd on youtube. Diablo II + expansion are in store. Wings and dyes are coming to konsoles.

Artbook and a statue of Diablo is the only thing here that makes the C.E. a C.E.

Am I Wrong?
    And when will the C.E. contest here end?
  5. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

what kind of english is used for the questions?

\"Does stash sharable in local?\"
    \"What are R3/L3 button do?\"
    \"What are D-pad button do?\"