Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Biggest Playstyle-Defining Legendaries

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by scythemage, Oct 9, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 6269

1. scythemage

scythemage IncGamers Member

I wanted to talk about some of the legendary items datamined so far that have the biggest impact on demon hunters. Here's my list of the top affixes:

1) "Elemental Arrow now generates 3 Hatred."
    2) "Vault now costs 8 Hatred instead of Discipline."
    3) "Strafe no longer costs Hatred."
    4) "While moving, your resource regeneration and damage are increased by 25%. While stationary, your resource regeneration and damage are decreased by 25%."
    5) "While below 30% life, all attacks are guaranteed critical hits."
    6) "Shrine effects last for an hour."

Everything else I've seen either look like general buffs or do not provide a significant enough impact to your playstyle. As you can see, half of these legendaries drastically alter the resource cost of the skills, making them more spammable, or even generate resources themselves. The third and fourth legendaries drastically change the way you battle enemies based on positioning and cautiousness. The sixth legendary is there because this has the potential to be the best legendary of them all. Most other legendary affixes can't compare to frenzied, empowered, protection or fleeting shrine in a one to one comparison so imagine having all four plus the two other shrines available at once.

Some affixes will need some testing to better understand what it does before we can make a call on them. Here's my list:

1) "Your Spike Traps lure enemies to them."
    2) "Enable all runes for a specific skill."

I could be missing some affixes in both my lists. What do you guys think about the legendaries so far?

2. algopeal

algopeal IncGamers Member

From all the datamining that's been done so far, legendaries sound like they're gonna be awesome. I am very excitied to play the new patches/expansion. It's also good that they're making the existing characters have new skills etc, to make them seem fresh too, although of course, we're all gonna go crusader soon ;D

3. wrugoin

wrugoin IncGamers Member

I found a loot 2.0, level 60 quiver (can't remember the name), that allows for 2 extra sentries. I never used a sentry before finding that quiver. This has absolutely changed my playstyle as now I routinely drop 4 of these babies during elite and boss fights. It allows me to kite around elites and bosses at higher difficulties and apply some considerable damage while running.

4. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

If you really want to capatlize on sentries, there is currently a build that is based on buffing sentries/companions/caltrops as much as possible. Sharpshooter is used and the DH does not attack frequently to avoid resetting it. Because sentries are at 100% crit wtih sharpshooter and sentries are capped at 50% critiical hit damage, gear no longer requires those two modifiers. Attack speed (which does affect sentries) and dex are all you need. With some cooldown ratio to get them out quicker. They can hit for over 1 mil per shot. Times 5.

Eventually I need to level another DH to take advantage of this, just too much gear to be sitting in my stash getting messed around. Hopefully Blizz doesn't nerf it.

5. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Holy wow that's a creative and awesome idea! I really enjoyed the changes to sentries in 2.0, but deeded mine on the way to 70. I'm imagining this also works with the fire chain versions too?

sent from my GalaxySIII