Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beta going down, Back to LOL till evil returns.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by FizzyBubbly, May 1, 2012. | Replies: 21 | Views: 20679

1. FizzyBubbly

FizzyBubbly IncGamers Member

Beta going down, Back to LOL till evil returns.

Hey guys since the beta is going down :weep:, I'll be playing league of legends until evil returns on the 15th.

One of my friends has a 2300 rating and streams a bunch.

If you appreciate good streams Check him out at:

http://www.own3d.tv/live/53810/THE_BIG_PUMA

PS: What are your favorite champs in league?
  2. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

Re: Beta going down, Back to LOL till evil returns.

Sup Fizzy!

I never got into lol, so I can't comment.
  3. shoko

shoko IncGamers Member

I played LoL once or twice, i prefer to play HoN instead.
    I like support heroes more than other ones.

But atm i'm playing TF2.
  4. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

I used to be really into LoL...but I all but stopped playing these last two months. News of D3's imminent arrival just killed my passion for that game...it was just something to keep me happy until D3 came, and now that it's coming, I'm just not really excited by anything else :p.

Right now, I derive more fun from browsing the forum, playing with the skill calc, and doing my diablo doodles than playing another game. :loveblush:
  5. Fusuke

Fusuke IncGamers Member

I find the title on this post hilarious, since imo the LOL community is more evil than any being in Diablo world. xD
  6. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Yep back of LOL we all go, teemo ftw.
    I like to make em rage xD

7. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

The LoL community as a whole is pretty shocking :p. That's the downside to a 'free-to-play' game - it'll attract all sorts of people. There's some good people there, though.

Of course, D3 is going to attract a ton of jerkish people as well just because even though it's not a 'free' game, so many people are going to buy it that there'll invariably be a huge population of evil people :p.
  8. Fusuke

Fusuke IncGamers Member

Luckily you can solo all content and choose just to play with friends. xD

9. FizzyBubbly

FizzyBubbly IncGamers Member

Teemo used to be my main. But since i've started with my friends again they are trying to to help me get to higher elo's so i'm learning how to play roles instead of focusing on one champion. Right now I'm learning how to AD carry well.

10. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Learning to play roles is important, but once you got that down, I feel you'll have a stronger play if you learn to play 2-3 champions in each role really well. Makes you a more flexible player.

However if you compare 2 equally good players, that 1 can become better at playing 1 specific champion if that is all he/she does, instead of learning several different ones. You'll just be less flexible.

11. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

What I don't like about Lol and Hon is that builds is mandatory to success in the game. I'm talking item/skill builds, item buy order, everything. Not my cup of tea!
  12. korialstraz

Aye it's mandatory, but if you get locked into 1 specific build every single game, you won't perform well in some matchups. You need to be flexible, and switch out an item (maybe two) here and there to help counter the enemy team. :p
  13. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Dno how many of you are lucky enough to try out DOTA 2 but that's where it's at IMO. I wasn't a massive fan of LoL, HoN was OK, mainly cause I was a total noob thrown in the deep end with some experienced friends. However, I'm totally hooked on DOTA 2. Lots of tweaking/development to be done as its in beta but I have a feeling it will pull massive amounts of people away from LoL and HoN. Although after May 15th DOTA will go from my main game to something I play like once a week (if that) xD!
  14. korialstraz

I've tried DOTA 2 beta. First experience didn't impress me much. It felt cluttered, and a lot of things just didn't make sense. I figured getting into it would be rather easy (not to master it that is, just to get the hang of it), but the shop, mini map and graphical style just didn't appeal to me.
  15. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

I ussually play morgana and udyr bots only. I used to play pvp but the people are just way to cruel.
  16. korialstraz

Aye the community can be quite mean, but there are nice people out there as well. I've met quite a few actually. But there is something to what they say that MOBA games bring out the worst in a lot of people. =P
  17. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

True. I tend to be amused by how much someone can rage over such small things in MOBA games. Also it's always someone elses fault :D. Did you try DOTA 2 recently? Massive UI update last week, which for the most part is impressive! One thing that is definitely true is that the game is so unforgiving in comparison to the other MOBAs. Couple of minor mistakes and you get massively punished. The learning curve is not friendly at all :p.

18. korialstraz

Nope I didn't fsj! Guess I'll go back and try it again a few times (which was always my plan btw). :p

Got to agree with the small things rage about. However I can definately understand some things, like this one game I was in, playing Leona support bot lane with a random vayne. My friend was doing jungle rammus, we had anivia mid and some other guy top. My friend goes to blue buff, me and vayne cover the bottom side, anivia should've covered the other side. We didn't really expect them to try and do anything at our blue, but anivia should also do the pull. So we type in chat, pling the map and get no response. Eventually she moves, and we barely catch the glimpse of 3 champions moving in on blue. My friend couldn't back out in time, got killed and we lost our blue buff, and they took their own. The game went down hill from there, and the only kills we got was on my lane. Vayne snagged 5 kills (some/most of which I helped set up with stuns and using exhaust), and I got 5 assists. The rest of our team just fed like crazy. >_> Personally I was just annoyed and tried not to let it go any further, but our vayne raged! >_<

But also people who rage because someone us unlucky and gives away 2-3 kills because of good ganks, and people raging over feeding. 2-3 deaths from one of your teammate is not the end of the world, it all depends on what happens after. At 5+ deaths I'd start thinking feeder, at least if it's early game.

The most annoying thing though. I was once called scrub and a crap player when I was support. I'm sure you can guess why, and by who. I had 1/5/25, our carry had something like 10/3/3 or something, and he was badmouthing the rest of our team. Guess what would've happened if he didn't get those heals huh? Or our tank didn't do a good job innitiating? Such short sighted people. =P

I actually had a friend just like that. He wasn't really rude, but he played melee carries (specifically tryndamere), and he always did the most damage, since he feeded early game, the rest of us managed to drag the game out so he got farmed, then we just crushed them. And he could never help himself but say he won us the game. Ofc now that we've taught him the game, he has a lot more respect for supports and tanks. =P
  19. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Some people don't look beyond the figures in their scores. Obviously its a heavy team oriented game but if a carry has a couple more kills than you he will think he is superior and you are doing a bad job, which obviously if you are a support etc. means very little.
    As with your friend...people who just play carries always like to think of themselves as the reason the team wins :p. That is just the nature of a lot of carry only players who play public MM who don't like any other role.

I like playing Single draft/Random draft in DOTA because it forces you to try other playstyles and gives you an appreciation of the different roles in these type of games. Generally I avoid All pick games because it gets a bit too predictable.

If you are looking to try out dota again just send me a PM on here I'll send you my steam acc and you can join us in a game or two =].
  20. korialstraz

Aye that tends to happen quite a bit. But we got him for the most part to kick that bad habbit. ;) He's become quite a good player actually. :D

I've played some random as well, but I imagine it's easier in DOTA so to speak, since you don't have runes and masteries. But I've played some random, and tried quite a lot of champions in LoL. I think I won some 80 champions or so. >_>

Oh I've already got 4 friends playing it who are willing to help me. Besides with LoL and D3, as well as some other games I'm not sure if I have the time or will to switch over to DOTA. We'll see though.