Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best way to twink a lighning sorceress through to hell quickly? de

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Twibz, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1487

1. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

best way to twink a lighning sorceress through to hell quickly?

Im currently trying to get a second sorceress through to hell and wondering what is the best way to twink, such as progression of items to be equipped to achieve a fast transition from normal through to hell. A simple question i hope that some of you can answer :thumbup:
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Re: best way to twink a lighning sorceress through to hell quickly?

Well this is what I did.

From level 1-15, use whatever items you can get. If you invest a heavily in stats, at level 10 you will be able to equip Arctic gear set. Parts of that set will come online earlier and have great part bonuses plus solid bow damage when set is complete. Keep pumping charge bolt, with one point warmth, use it whenever you can.

At level 15, you can equip all four parts of Arcanna's tricks. You can also equip the 1.09 bug Ravenclaw, though it is a bit overpowered and can be boring. Equip it on switch alongside Arcanna's if you want.
    Level 15 also unlocks another great item, Treads of Cthon. These will solve your stamina and run/walk problems. Also, manald heal rings.

At 18, change over to lightning and keep pumping that.

At 27, you can equip insight on merc, so you can now ditch the ravenclaw. Merc should be prayer so that you don't need to bother healing.
    At 30, equip the following items: Razorswitch , Skin of vipermagi, peasant crown, eye of eldritch, frostburns. These items are amazing ( specially razorswitch ) and will last you all the way to hell when you can equip your final gear .

Pump vita for some hp so that you don't die. Max Lightning and lightning mastery first, then chain lightning and charged bolt ( relatively useless ).
  3. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

I'd go for flawed saphires in armor and helm upto level 18. Then perfect saphires in helmet, stealth armor. If you have one, a sorceress orb with 2 tirs and some good skills(lightning?) would be good. Can also add a shield with 2-3 tirs. Keep eyes open for FCR rings and amulets.

At level 25 equip Spirit Broad/Crystal Sword, at 27 give your merc insight. You can also equip Wall of the eyeless, it has 5 mana per kill, and 20 fcr.

As soon as you can, equip skin of the vipermagi(probably around 29-30?). If you have SoJ's, you can equip those around that level too.

Don't bother doing normal Baal runs. Just play through normal on p8, and you should hit nightmare at level 36-40. A spirit sword with a vipermagi, and an insight should ensure that the first acts of nightmare are a breeze. Keep going through nightmare untill you hit desired level. On p8 I usually hit level 63 in act4.

As far as stats go, make sure you have enough str for gear, and enough vit for about 600 life in the end of nm, and at least 800 in hell.
  4. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

that is kinda what my plan was however i dont have access to a bugged ravenclaw just a normal one for my rogue merc to use, you all seem to be focused on mana until insight is available but i seem to do fine at level 15 with next to none mana orientated items, save a rare orb with 1maek and a manald heal, i just get by chugging the blue stuff
  5. EatSleepDiablo

EatSleepDiablo IncGamers Member

Read this for tips. NF did it with a bliz which I would consider. You could then respec at the end...
  6. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I think a twinking sorc with a set of leaf staves would have no problem going fast. Tir runes / sapphires in armor as needed. Start with firebolt and switch to fireball when it does better. Although the 1-12 haul might still be quicker with an envy setup. A twinked level 15 fireball will be almost as fast as ravenclaw. Tarnhelm, eye of etlich, fireball leaf, mana charms, etc. Once you hit 29 and get skins of vipermagi, razorswitch, insight, etc you can fly to hell with whatever build you want.

I wonder how fast NF could do it with respecs, although ravenclaw does get you from 15-30 very easily, actually using fireball/firebolt would be more fun.
  7. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

There's no shortage of 1.09 Raven Claws - I have a pile of them. But, RC aside, my recommendation is this:

Arctic Armor + Gloves + Belt as soon as you can equip them (may need some +STR charms) - Envy Long Bow beats the Arctic bow (5x JoE in a 5sox Long Bow)

At level 12, go with Angelic Armor + Ammy + 2x rings (NICE life and mana bonuses)

At level 13 (especially if you're using a weapon), Cow King's boots are GG

This should get you to level 29/30 for Vipermagi and main skills.
  8. Ohomemgrande

Ohomemgrande IncGamers Member

This thread has a lot of good information about twinking and skills to try. With respecs, it's probably the fastest way. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?524296-the-quest-for-ber

9. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Razorswitch can be equipped at 28, I believe.
    Also, if you want really fast exp, my opinion is that eldritch and shenk from 25ish until 30 is great, at which point you can drop shenk and do pindle and eldritch until maybe 40, when eldritch becomes not worth the time investment, and then just pindle until you're tired of normal mode. Same idea is applicable to NM and Hell, but at different levels, of course.
  10. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Member

I would probably give Razorswitch a miss and use the items listed below instead:

Level 25-28: Spirit & Wall of the Eyeless
    Level 29-30: Spirit & Visceratuant