Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best sorc killer in pubbies?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Praesidian, Jun 18, 2004. | Replies: 20 | Views: 1754

1. Praesidian

Praesidian IncGamers Member

Best sorc killer in pubbies?

I have a v/t and a lib, and I'm having trouble getting a hit on those -10000000000% res blizz sorcs or fb sorcs. If they tele into my hammers then they obviously die, but the smarter sorcs just snipe, and tele too fast to charge. FoH works semi well, but they just throw on a tgods and it totally negates my low FoH. Is a bone necro good for it? Spear or spirit?

2. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

vigor charge around and you'll be invisible to them then chargea t them or use invsible hammers. as for v/t charge around them try n get a convction lock and keep fohing most sorcs have crap res and will die pretty fast also charge smite works and get some res or stack so they won't be able to tank u easily.

3. Praesidian

Ahh that must be desynching. Still dont understand how to do it though =/.

4. Dimoak

Dimoak Banned

Wind druid.

5. Rauth

Rauth IncGamers Member

Windy is the easiest for most sorcs, although some can give you serious trouble without absorbing. Blizz will still 2 hit kill you so you have to be careful. A godly light sorc will 2 hit kill you normally if you don't absorb. I usually go about 50/50 with good blizz/light sorcs. They are few and far between though, normally all sorcs are easy. I've met only one of each. You can beat any sorc with the proper res/absorb though. Keep that in mind.

Desynching is not really something you do. It is more an effect of charging around with vigor. Charge around with vigor and you will appear to be in a different place than where you actually are. You can see exactly where you are, but your oponnent will have no clue. You don't even show up on the other guy's minimap.

6. Praesidian

How can you tell when you're desynched on their screen.

7. awjl

awjl IncGamers Member

when they shoot at a location when u arent at

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

If you want to straight out negate them, you're v/t should have no problems.

For Fire Sorcs:
    30 res - Anya
    15 res - Um'ed GA
    72 res - Um'ed HoZ
    85 res - Um'ed Kira's (a lower Kira's will do, just using a perfect for this)
    -------
    202 Total

This leaves your rings and ammy free to use dual Dwarf's and a Rising Sun if you choose and grants you 202 fire res total, 102 in hell. Due to GA it will hit 90 and still have 12 res stacked against facets. If they are really loaded up on facets, just use Salv and you'll maintain your invincibility. Assume 1 facet in helm, armor, weapon, and shield. This means -20% maximum from facets. If you are rich and made a Silence Phase, then this is another 75 res and will allow you a bit more freedom in your gear. If you want to be a real a** and go for 95% res use Waterwalks, Infernostrides, or Hotspurs.

For Cold Sorcs:
    30 res - Anya
    15 res - Um'ed GA
    190 res - 4 P Sapphire shield (my shield has 30 res base, +160 from gems)
    85 res - Um'ed Kira's (a lower Kira's will do, just using a perfect for this)
    75 res - Silence Phase
    30 res - Mara's
    ------
    425 res Total

Let's assume -225 cold res (level 42 cold mastery) and fighting in hell. -325 res so far. Facets in gear is another -20%, thus -345% res. With the setup above you will still have 80 cold res in hell and still have your ring and belt slots open for Ravens and a Snowclash if you want. If you want to hit 95% cold res just turn on Salv.

Both of these setups don't take into account an Anni or any other res charms, so if you have some more res coming from charms, that can also allow more freedom in gear. Remember, these setups assume your opponent has the utmost best gear (that I can think of at the moment anyway) and most pubby sorcs won't have this level of gear.

9. awjl

awjl IncGamers Member

DOOM carrying cold sor can have -60 resis

10. Jowy

Jowy IncGamers Member

Play better than them, that's the best way.
    Sorcs in public are usually really weak, alot of them are geared for MF and use full Tal Set, no ES, or no Shield even, and on top of that they have little to no experience with using their main attack or Teleport properly.

If you're willing to make a new char that kills Sorcs fast, then go for :

1) Wind Druid with Enigma Teleport
    2) LS Trapper
    3) A better FoH Paladin

11. sunami

sunami Banned

Believe it or not my zon does real well against most sorces. Maxed resists, 175 frw, around 60% passives, 70% critical, 8 fps 7k attack w some poison:))), 90% fhr, run and shoot. Sometimes I put on tgods, other than that I wear no absorb.

12. Kirby Hunter

Kirby Hunter IncGamers Member

Foh paladins
    Chargers
    Ranger(bow paladin)
    wind druid with teleport
    Other sorcs
    Bone necs
    ^ ^

13. white_flame5775

white_flame5775 Banned

I find that bone necros do very well versus normal sorc(any element). I usually use spirit. The trick is to keep them off screen so they cant hit you, and just run around, and cast spirits every now and then while your running. Usually i cast 2 spirits(in 2 different directions), then run for about 3-5 seconds, then cast 2 more, etc. etc. Most sorceress arent very good at teleporting, so i usually wait for them to get impatient and make the mistake of tele'in in on me and then they usually run into a couple spirits, and thats usually enough to kil them.

So make a bone necro, use spirit, and just cast spirit in the right places :) . try to predict where they will tele and cast spirits there, just 1-3 spirits is usually enough to kill them

The second thing i find useful vs. sorc is teeth. I think teeth is probably the one of the best PvP skills. Anyways, if you decide to use teeth(my usual method vs. sorc), you have to get them on your mini map, and get close to them(but should still be slightly off screen, but you should close enough to the point that, if u just clicked a little ahead of you you would see them), and then shoot teeth directly at them and left and right. Then when you see them start to tele away from your teeth, spam 2-3 volleys of teeth ahead o in the direction they r teleporting(but remember to cast it ahead of them, so they end up tele'ing into the teeth)

So, to shorten that, use teeth and spam it where the sorc is about to tele

also, sometimes I can kind of combine those 2 strats above, if you want to do that, i use teeth to scare em' off, then spam spirit in the direction they start to tele

hope that helps, and sorry if it seems confusing, but im not good with words :D

14. LeftAlone-

LeftAlone- IncGamers Member

Sorc was Slayed by You.
    Sorc: WTF?!?! omfg lag, or did u just came out of nowhere?

15. Watzit2ya

Watzit2ya IncGamers Member

Usually its:

Sorc was slain by ****
    Sorc: OMFG HAXX0r'S NOOB IM REPORTING YOU YOU HAXXOR.

Come to think of it, thats most peoples replies in pubby games

16. sk8brdnick

sk8brdnick IncGamers Member

Kicker...

Mine is a sorc slaying machine. When dueling cold sorc I use a 4 thul armor and 3 thul helm. Massive stacked resists combine with weapon block weaken their attacks dramatically without resorting to huge amounts of absorb (I use only one raven).

You use DF to catch them and then Dragon talon to kill them. I win like 98% or 99% against the pubby noob sorcs.

17. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

Finally someone mentions the Assassins :) My WW/Kicker can kill pretty much any sorc in pubbies w/ 75 all resists, and only raven for absorb. Enigma makes it easy to dodge their attacks or catch up to them and df + wof/mb + kicks is pretty much a winning combo. They usually don't have block so it ends up being pretty easy, but other than that it's just rinse and repeat. Private/better pubby sorcs can be taken care of also, but as always, if you can damage them atleast moderately, skill should take care of the rest.

18. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

If you intend to go the bone necro route you had better be a better teleporter than they are. Unless you absorb them, they have the advantage in my opinion. They tele faster, do more damage (good ones can easily 1-2 hit kill), and can take more hits especially with Eshield. Without absorb, I feel sorcs are one of the most interesting/difficult matchups for a bone necro.

This is assuming they have any semblance of skill at all.

19. Rauth

Rauth IncGamers Member

Forgot about them. My ww sin does very well against all but blizz sorcs. And thats only because I don't feel like stacking so much res. Another bonus for ww sins is, Venom(maybe ow too?) goes right past energy shield. Don't forget claw block either.

A good tele ww barb can do very well also assuming you have the proper gear for resists.

20. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

actually that's not true i seem to spear to death over 95% of all sorcs easily with a horribly built and equiped 3k damage 10 fps necro with 200 str easily. spear is a good skill and probabaly better than any sorc spell. and non stop tele away and bs and teeth spamming works on everything with 0 skill required. spear is easier to hit with and more damaging and teeth and spirit simply rip sorcs apart, only a good eshield sorc or a sorc with god like skills or hack can match evenly against skilled necro or a defensive one. and if the necro has no skill whatsoever absorb will always save the day. it would be more of a fair matchup if 99% of all necros didn't tele away all day spam teeth and spirit and have 95% res and full absorb.