Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best sorc build to solo hell ?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by joaopedro, Nov 3, 2009. | Replies: 12 | Views: 14526

1. joaopedro

joaopedro IncGamers Member

best sorc build to solo hell ?

What is the best sorc build to solo hell in SP, can't be pure light.
    I know it's a question on, but what is the opinion of you?

2. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

Re: best sorc build to solo hell ?

I believe a Blizzard/Fireball hybrid would have the easiest time finishing Hell solo. Another popular choice is probably Meteor/Frozen Orb.

3. nirolo

nirolo IncGamers Member

It somewhat depends on the gear you have available.

4. UllaV

UllaV IncGamers Member

For untwinked Meteorb or Blizzballer.

Ulla

P.S. Check the stickies they are you friend.

EDIT: And check this guide how to start untwinked character. It's for single pass but the same principles work for running, you'll get the gear just earlier. NPC sells on normal are capped, so the principles stay even if your level is higher than what single pass would be.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

The Orb-it-aller is also nice (check the sorc section). Frozen orb is not that great in big multiplayer games but probably the fastest way to kill things when you're playing solo. 20 points in fireball and firebolt and 1 point in fire mastery gives you a very respectable backup attack if you've got enough fcr.

Blizzard and meteor have great damage, but they're harder to play with. IMO they're suited more to online play where you have buddies to keep your targets still for long enough.

A good merc makes a dual build like this much easier: Let the cold immunes clump around your merc, spam away with fireball and they won't last long.

6. UllaV

UllaV IncGamers Member

That's what the moron is for. Or TK.

Ulla

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Among the Fire skills, am I the only one who prefers Fire Wall and Blaze over Meteor and Fire Ball?

(Must be because I was brought up in Classic v1.03...)

8. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

I have more fun with my frozen orb + fireball sorc than I do with blizzard + fireball.

Blizzard is a bit better for Meph and AT runs, obviously. Nevertheless, if I could only have one of the two I would keep my FO/FB.

9. Mostly_Harmless

Mostly_Harmless IncGamers Member

@Jiansonz: I love Firewall too. For only 30ish skill points, you get an amazing attack. I suspect most people aren't recommending it because their main skill is either Blizzard or Frozen Orb. Having two timered skills is a little annoying.

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I remember the old day when fire wall was the ONLY fire skill a sorc would use.

The major problem with firewall is not that it is timed spell, I suspect most people won't use it anymore because:

1. you cannot firewall target out of space, as firewall can only light on ground. You know what I mean when you have target out of reach and only way to get them is some sort of real ranged attack (eg. fireball, arrow, etc).

2. fast moving targets are hard to aim, you need your target stay still in the fire (or move in the same direction of fire), which is not always possible.

11. Mostly_Harmless

Mostly_Harmless IncGamers Member

Fair enough. I admit, I've occasionally had trouble with gloams that wouldn't leave the river. For the most part, though, the aiming never seemed to be a big problem. Maybe it's because most of the targets I use it on either have very low hit points or like to stand still. (Mostly archers, and occasionally gloams.)

It also has some bonuses, like being able to aim around corners.

12. bassano

bassano IncGamers Member

depend if you want to do fullclears or not beacuse you can use pure blizzy and with quests you should not have so huge problems :)

13. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

If you don't mind have slight hard time to deal or avoid certain annoying situations, but enjoy easy fast "most" time, firewall is a great skill (less skill point needed, big damage). But if you need a all rounder, you will need something weaker on damage, but gives you more freedom. It's like car, 911 is fast fancy car, it runs very well on road. But if you need to drive off road, it won't work. A Subaru Forester would not go as fast, or attract girls as 911, but it goes pretty good off road. I'd pick Forester over 911 myself.

To get thing around corners, I perfer FO, it works much better as long as the target is not CI. If I build a dual tree sorc, I'd go with lightning/orb.