Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to find a windforce

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 7, 2004. | Replies: 18 | Views: 3574

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Best place to find a windforce

I was just wandering what the best place is, to find a windforce? Is it for example possible to find one in pit/hell?

How many people own one? And if you own one, where did you find it?
  2. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I would say either The Pit, Baal or Pindle. But don't expect to find one soon, I've been playing this game far to long and still haven't got one (countless Hydra Bows though).

Sam

Edit: I usually do Pit or Pindle with 500+ MF and I get good results (as does everyone), so with persistance and luck you may aquire the Windforce you desire :D
  3. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

I've found 2 Wf's in 1.10, one came from Pindle, the other from Tresh...
    But know that in the beta days(when I found those WF's) I've spent at least 20 h on Pindle, and 30 on tresh, so don't expect it to come soon...
    The Pit is your best bet now IMHO, or countless Pindle runs.
  4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, I do Pit runs to get that. But thats what I do to get everything else too :D
  5. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

A lot people are talking about pindle ot thresh runs, but what are they?
  6. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

Stats wise, Pindleskin, Snapchip Shatter, Frozenstein and Thresh Socket are your best bet from a superunique. Besides that BloodLords, Hell Temptress, Deamon Sprite and Death Brigadier are your best bet for regular monsters.
  7. NorthStarZon

NorthStarZon IncGamers Member

back in 1.09 people ran mf runs with pindle because he could drop anything, iirc

in 1.10 mf doesn't mean all that much and the drop stats have been changed
    so u can get a Windy just about anyplace in hell now... i traded for mine but thats is 09... if your using a zon check out the amazonbasin... there are a lot of good info there...

nsz :bow:

edit: just read a post where some got a wf off a normal monster in hell. iirc
  8. Greystoke

Greystoke IncGamers Member

I got the Windforce from Hell Baal.
    Once provided with a Crescent Moon runeword and a Crushing Blow weapon /to finish the rest of his 50 % life/, Ball is a piece of cake. So are his minions.

A week or two ago there was a post on this forum that the best place to hunt a Windforce is Pindleskin. /The bony dude protecting the entrance to Nihlatak's Temple/.

He, however, together with his minions have been stregthened considerably in 1.10 so take care.
  9. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i got my windforce from pindle
  10. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i got all five my windforces in a dream last night... it was beautiful.

your best bet for wf, and any other tc87 is whichever lvl85 area you can kill the monsters the fastest while wearing the most MF as possible. for many people, that place is the pit. pindle is a reasonable choice, depending on what char your using, as are Baal and the WSK. other good areas are the ancient tunnels and the river of flame. good luck! you'll need it. :teeth:
  11. Oblivion

Oblivion IncGamers Member

I dont see why people are so obsessed with getting a windforce.....I dont have one, but by the stats it doesn't look THAT good...you can always survive and have more fun without it......

I find it might be easier to cube/find a ZOD and make BoTD before you find a windforce.

just my $0.02
  12. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

david, u got a windforce AND 1000 posts :teeth: jeez i have ALOT of catching up to do :lol: nah seriously i have a pit map nowadays wich drops a hydra bow almost 1 in 2 runs so.... i'm gonna run that for a month for say, 5-6 hours and hopefully have my precious windy afterwards ^^

robin
  13. Edu

Edu IncGamers Member

Sorry for asking, but where is "The Pit"? :)
  14. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

it's an extra cave in the Tamoe Highland (1st act, just before outer cloister)
  15. Edu

Edu IncGamers Member

Sure it's that pit??? It's in act I...
  16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

yes I'm sure...there's alvl85 areas in all 5 acts, the pits being one of the easiest, that's why it's so popular.
  17. Edu

Edu IncGamers Member

Cool... what are the other areas?
  18. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Code:
    Name                        HELL LevelName                   Notes
    Act 1 - Cave 5              [color=lime]85[/color]        Pit Level 1                 
    Act 1 - Cave 3 Treasure     83        Underground Passage Level 2
    Act 1 - Cave 5 Treasure     [color=lime]85[/color]        Pit Level 2
    Act 1 - Crypt 1 A           83        Crypt
    Act 1 - Crypt 2 A           [color=lime]85[/color]        Mausoleum
    Act 2 - Tomb 3 A            82        Claw Viper Temple Level 1
    Act 2 - Tomb 2 Treasure     82        Halls of the Dead Level 3
    Act 2 - Tomb 3 Treasure     83        Claw Viper Temple Level 2
    Act 2 - Lair 1 A            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Maggot Lair Level 1
    Act 2 - Lair 1 B            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Maggot Lair Level 2
    Act 2 - Lair 1 Treasure     [color=lime]85[/color]        Maggot Lair Level 3
    Act 2 - Sewer 2 A           [color=lime]85[/color]        Ancient Tunnels
    Act 3 - Travincal           82        Travincal                   
    Act 3 - Dungeon 2 B         82        Flayer Dungeon Level 2      
    Act 3 - Dungeon 1 Treasure  82        Swampy Pit Level 3          
    Act 3 - Dungeon 2 Treasure  83        Flayer Dungeon Level 3      
    Act 3 - Sewer 1             [color=yellow]84[/color]        Sewers Level 1              
    Act 3 - Sewer 2             [color=lime]85[/color]        Sewers Level 2              
    Act 3 - Temple 1            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Ruined Temple               (In Kurast Bazaar)
    Act 3 - Temple 2            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Disused Fane                (In Kurast Bazaar)
    Act 3 - Temple 3            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Forgotten Reliquary         (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 - Temple 4            [color=lime]85[/color]        Forgotten Temple            (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 - Temple 5            [color=lime]85[/color]        Ruined Fane                 (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 - Temple 6            [color=lime]85[/color]        Disused Reliquary           (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 - Mephisto 1          83        Durance of Hate Level 1     
    Act 3 - Mephisto 2          83        Durance of Hate Level 2     
    Act 3 - Mephisto 3          83        Durance of Hate Level 3     
    Act 4 - Mesa 1              82        Outer Steppes               
    Act 4 - Mesa 2              83        Plains of Despair           
    Act 4 - Mesa 3              [color=yellow]84[/color]        City of the Damned          
    Act 4 - Lava 1              [color=lime]85[/color]        River of Flame              
    Act 4 - Diablo 1            [color=lime]85[/color]        Chaos Sanctum 
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 1          82        Crystalized Cavern Level 1  (Crystalline Passage)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 1A         83        Cellar of Pity              (Frozen River)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 2          83        Crystalized Cavern Level 2  (Glacial Trail)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 2A         [color=yellow]84[/color]        Echo Chamber                (Drifter Cavern)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 3          82        Glacial Caves Level 1       (Ancient's Way)
    Act 5 - Ice Cave 3A         83        Glacial Caves Level 2       (Icy Cellar)
    Act 5 - Temple Entrance     83        Nihlathaks Temple           
    Act 5 - Temple 1            83        Halls of Anguish            
    Act 5 - Temple 2            [color=yellow]84[/color]        Halls of Death's Calling    (Halls of Pain)
    Act 5 - Temple Boss         [color=yellow]84[/color]        Halls of Vaught             
    Act 5 - Hell 2              82        Hell2                       (Pit of Acheron)
    Act 5 - Hell 3              83        Hell3                       (Infernal Pit)
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 1       [color=lime]85[/color]        The Worldstone Keep Level 1 
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 2       [color=lime]85[/color]        The Worldstone Keep Level 2 
    Act 5 - Baal Temple 3       [color=lime]85[/color]        The Worldstone Keep Level 3 
    Act 5 - Throne Room         [color=lime]85[/color]        Throne of Destruction       
    Act 5 - World Stone         [color=lime]85[/color]        The Worldstone Chamber

19. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

hehe didn´t notice about 1k post....

yeah you better get one of those wf´s mate ^^

had been hunting for WF and GF since early 1.09 on Bnet but never got it and when 1.1 came out i decided to give it another try

then one night i got both WF + GF (couple of hours in between) that i had been hunting for for years... both from pindle
    funny ^^