Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Best Pit Drops

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by gmcbroom, Feb 25, 2005. | Replies: 35 | Views: 3356

1. gmcbroom

gmcbroom IncGamers Member

Best Pit Drops

Like the title says. What was your best Pit Drop? I just started running the Pit and the best I've found so far is Hellforged Plate. Looked cool but I couldn't wear it (low strength only 170)so I sold it to Charsi. Has anyone actually found a Zod there or Tyreals Might? You get the idea. Since you can supposedly get almost any drop there what's your highest?
  2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

i only done them a couple of times b/c they were quite boring.. the best items i found was a lightning skiller and a 3 os phase blade (crescent moon)
  3. uNxHiTMaN

uNxHiTMaN Banned

Best I found was the Tal Rasha armor
  4. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Best thing I found was an sup eth CB with 14% ed. However it didnt have anything to do with mf ... nowaydays my mfsorc is just rotting away, its so boring :eek:
  5. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

Best i found was a Vex rune from a fallen or fallen shaman if ima not wrong -_-
  6. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

In the beginnig of ladder1 i did alot of pits..and i mean ALOT, but it payed off, and here are some of the things i remember finding there :

Ohm
    Ist
    14% eth BA
    2 x soj
    2 x mara's (one perfect)
    HoZ
    Death's web (never got to id it..lost couse of r/d)
    Windforce (it was still popular back then :D )

So it was worth the time..but it takes alot of patience though, since sometimes you can run it like 100+times without finding even one crappy unique
  7. Mercuruss

Mercuruss Banned

i find from pits runs a shako, vipermagi, straing of ears, buriza and many great items.But i never found a high rune.
  8. ron

ron IncGamers Member

Astreons Ward
    Death Cleaver
    Ik Armor(not great but my first one)
    Giant Skull
    Steelrends
    Leviathan
    Arkaines Valor
    Cold Skiller w/41 Life

I have had some nice drops in both the pits and ancient tunnels.
  9. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i do pits all the time and yes you can find every item in tha area but them ones that you can only find in specific areas, like annihilus from diablo clone witch needs to spawn on a super unique monster witch non are in the pit, and th cow king set witch you only find in the cow lvl. other then this you can find everything.

items i mhave found in the pits

asterons, griffons eye, deaths fathom, shadow dancers, corwn of ages, darkforce spawn, and many other less rare uniques

so yes it worth it and if you run with say 300ish mf you shouldnt have any trouble finding these higher more rare uniques, it really just a matter of time and luck. dont give up if you do 10 or 50 runs and find nothing, you will get your day
  10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Wouldn't it be better to find this stuff on Hell Baal runs with a hammerdin or a Bone Necro or something?

FYI Mercurus, all that stuff can be found in Nightmare and Normal. I'd recommend getting ATMA for its drop calculator. You'd be surprised what some of the optimal MF bosses are for certain items.
  11. GoodGuy89

GoodGuy89 IncGamers Member

Sorry, I'm new here. What's this "pit" your're talking about?
  12. gmcbroom

gmcbroom IncGamers Member

The Pit is an area located in Act 1 Tamoe highlands. You can reach it by taking the Outer Cloister waypoint and following the road it'll branch off. One branch will lead to the Black Marsh and the other will lead to the Pit ( a hole in the ground). In normal and nightmare you won't find much but in Hell difficulty you can find all sorts of stuff in The Pit.
  13. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Plus it's an easy place to MF. Monsters are easy (and lots of them too for more drops) and you can run it at high player settings with less difficulty. Great XP up to ~ 90/91 or so but after that you're better off doing WSK Baal runs.

I've found many things:

Homunculus
    Leviathanx2
    IK Soul Cage
    Templar's Might
  14. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah the pits are great for exp also, i usually level 75 or 80ish till high 80's there

best ive gotten is +2 valor, pul rune
  15. JS0308

JS0308 IncGamers Member

Ive found some nice superior archons that I made into 4 soc for COH as well as an arachnids mesh. I agree totally with the leveling, its a great palce to level a 80-90 character.
  16. silverTnT

silverTnT IncGamers Member

i believe tyraels might can only be dropped by nihlatuk/baal/pindle...

but my best drop was only an aldurs armor = (

never did much of pit runs neways
  17. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

baal can drop tyreals, nihlathak can drop it but pindleskin cant. tyreals comes from TC 87 and has a qlvl of 87 meaning the monster droping it must drop from tc 87 and be at least lvl 87, pindle is lvl 86. monsters in "the pit" act 1 are lvls 85 for normal 87 for the champs and 88 for the uniuqes and all drop tc 87, this makes tyreals might able to dop in that area and many others, few areas in each act meet this criteria(hell only mind you)
  18. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

My best pit find is a Lo rune. Found it while leveling my meteorb.
  19. Highly_Illogical

Highly_Illogical IncGamers Member

I still pit run with my lev 92 barb, he's got about 225mf and I find all sorts of stuff. Within the last month:
    2x shako
    ik armor
    talrashas armor
    2x vex
    2x mal
    2x ist
    lots of real nice soc items incl eth 5soc colussus blade

Im still fairly happy with the exp gain as well. When you consider that your in and out in approx 5 minutes, with minimal danger and above average mf, I prefer pit runs to Baal runs. The problem I have with Baal runs (talkin about hardcore here), its hard to get on good runs, they take longer and are more dangerous (unless u got someone to tele), I "never" seem to get the drops and someone is always trying to pk!

Obviously Baal runs would be a lot more appealing if you were doing with people you knew, is there a channel where people meet to do baal runs by any chance?
  20. dougolasjr

dougolasjr IncGamers Member

Ive Found
    Mal
    Griz Corna
    Shako
    Vamp Gaze
    plenty of socketables.