Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best MF character in game ?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Foo, Jan 25, 2006. | Replies: 13 | Views: 31088

1. Foo

Foo IncGamers Member

Best MF character in game ?

Hi , well first off i have recently came back to D2/Lod after like a 2-3 year stint , and am very very poor when it comes to items for my new ama. I thought i could do mf runs with her , but damm do i struggle (haveing **** items doesnt help) . So i was wondering what is the best /cheapest char i could roll to mf on and iirc is it andy/meph/pindle who still drop the nice stuff ?. i thought about sorces but with so many imunes when it comes to hell i thought that could be hard . Would it be barbs with there item find skill or what ? i just dont know , and feeling like a newb at this game again i thought i would ask here . So any help appreciated thx.
  2. terpfan

terpfan IncGamers Member

Sorceress, easily. Nothing can beat the speed of teleport. Also, you could theoretically kill a lot without any gear on whatsover. If you're worried about immunes, go with one of the dual element builds, and add a act 2/5 merc.

IMO it is easier/quicker to build up wealth if you start with a mf sorc. I started around x-mas time, and am doing quite well.
  3. Foo

Foo IncGamers Member

what dual elements tho ? cold / light ? , Cold / fire ? , fire / light ?
  4. VisMaior

VisMaior IncGamers Member

orb/meteor/fireball
    skelemancers do well too.
  5. Foo

Foo IncGamers Member

ok , fire / ice sounds kinky . So do i wanna go max orb/max metor any in masterys ? any synergys to spice up the damage ?. Sorry for all these Q's just , lod seems so much dif now from when i played it i was thinking my old old mf sorc skill set up but i got a bad feeling it will be very flawed now and pretty much useless.
  6. terpfan

terpfan IncGamers Member

7. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

also, take a look at the mf guide stickied in the community forums; there's a review of each major build for every character type in terms of mfing including mf speed, item dependancy, and investment cost. There are also links to build guides there too.
  8. LordOfDesttructtion

LordOfDesttructtion IncGamers Member

Once you get enough currency, I suggest you try out an Enigma hammerdin. I have a lot more fun with him than I ever did with my mf sorc, who is now a mere mule:

Pros: -Nothing is immune to magic Hammers(except 1 monster in act 3 lol)
    -Very easy to play
    -Dies much less often

Cons: -More gear dependant than the sorc(you need Enigma)
    -Generally will have less mf than a sorc

I have to give credit to my sorc though, because thats how I first went from poor--->not so poor. Meph runs were great, because you can teleport directly to him without having to deal with any monsters.

Good luck:thumbsup:
  9. Spellsinger

Spellsinger IncGamers Member

I agree with the above posts. Cold/fire sorc for sure. Its what i have always used.
  10. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

One of the tried and true builds.
  11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Cold/fire sorc:

Max fireball, meteor, fire mastery (1 point at L30 immediately), frozen orb (max it ASAP, you won't need anything else in nightmare), one point in static, teleport, frozen armor, warmth (all ASAP) and prereqs. All the rest into cold mastery if you are done with the other skills (1 point at L30 immediately).

Start doing hell Meph runs (nm Meph a little earlier) as soon as you can kill him with meteors while he is at one side of the moat and you are on the other, far enough away to keep him from casting spells... and without awakaning the councils and blood lords, of course. That technique is called the moat trick. You might need lots of mana potions just for a single kill at first. Have decent fcr and fhr, so you can teleport to Meph safely enough to gain more XPs from the kills than you lose from dying. A Rising Sun amulet will make you more or less immune to all fire attacks there BTW.

Pindleskin gives excellent XP, so MFing him combines very nicely with leveling. Add Eldritch and the Ancient Tunnels, so you won't get tempbanned for creating games in a too rapid succession.

I start like that each ladder season and that strategy hasn't failed me so far.
  12. Flareboosted

Flareboosted IncGamers Member

well actually i had a meteorb sorc also. unfortunately, i hated it SO MUCH it WASN'T even funny. i am now using an enigma hammerdin with high fcr to tele all the way, and with insight on my merc i hardly run out of mana. i hate sorcs now, so hammerdin all the way. they can take hell well, and they can destroy everything quickly with the right equip.
  13. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Well, lets not use high runes, for starters. He doesn't seem rich enough. :tongue: Anyways, meteorb sorc does fine in small games. I can easily tele Baal, kill him, and all. The only place that I am not going to go is tristrim. It's just that meteorb sorc requires some skills to play, and that you need to get over that you are NOT supposed to use your meteors often (use fireball).
  14. kiddymann

kiddymann IncGamers Member

orb for meph all the way. 516% mf and i find alot in a night. just 77, and im doing descent. need to lvl her more.

orb for mpeh, is my own preference.