Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best bow in classic?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Diop, Feb 12, 2008. | Replies: 11 | Views: 18336

1. Diop

Diop IncGamers Member

best bow in classic?

Hey guys i just got back into d2 for the 100th time but i havent played classic in awhile and i cant remember what the best bow is? Is there a unique i should be looking for or am i better off to imbue late level elite bow?

Thanks
    Di0p
    EHCL
  2. zioth

zioth IncGamers Member

Re: best bow in classic?

The best bow, like the best of every other type of item in classic, is a rare bow with really good modifiers. The better the modifiers, the harder the item is to find and the more valuable it is.

That being said, the only popular unique bow I know of is Ravenclaw (great until level 20 or so). Some people also like the Rogue's Bow. Wizendraw might be a good one for a low-level cold-based amazon, but the low damage becomes a problem later on.
  3. Creon

Creon IncGamers Member

Depending on the purpose/build of the Amazon, the highest damage/best modifier Ballista, Gothic Bow, Rune Bow, or Double Bow. Some uniques like Ravenclaw are used for other purposes, in this case lower levels with enchant.
  4. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

YOu should not 'waste' your imbues on bows. Imbue bh's or martels. They are overpriced and bows are underpriced -> imbue bh and trade it for bow = better bow...

You can get deacent bow for a gull or even against game gold. People dont like bows on classic.

If doing cold zon then Wizen draw with perf mod (-35) is good on later levels too. It just wont fill you mana pulp even if you strafe in between. But so what? Lots of builds rely on mana potting... And a cold zon build can invest some points into energy (dex is not an issue) + use 1 soj and frosts (if you dont mind hitting 1 frame slower + like the freeze last little bit longer).

edit: Did not notice that you are in Ehcl, on Hc bh and martels are not as much appreciated as on sc (not as much duels -> bhs not needed and marts only for travi). On Hc i typically imbue grimshields (hope for +2 17 9x ed prism and ofcourse blue ^^) or grimhelms. Also not as much bows for trade either...
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  5. Nickh

Nickh IncGamers Member

The best classic bow I've come across so far for physical damage is a 22-117 gothic bow. Can't remember the rest of the stats exactly, but +10IAS, ~160AR and 5-8 cold dmg were the approximate stats. On my lvl52zon it does about 340dmg

I've been looking for a while and that's the best I've come across. I do have a +2 zon double bow that does ~20-48 dmg with some other mods.

Don't know how much bigger they come in classic than that 117 one. Would be interested to hear though.

Nick
  6. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

I have posted this many times here, but here it goes again. This babe was mine during this ladder. Sold it to a friend, then got it back as a part of another trade and finally gave it away for free... anyway at the time it was the best gothic bow on Eu ladder...

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5234/screenshot009an6.jpg

Edit:does not seem to find the picture, should work now...

Here is a thread, where some of the nicest bows are shown

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=608100

7. Diop

Diop IncGamers Member

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful, hopefully i can find one similar to Lorg's beauty!

I managed to get my hands on a rare goth 31-105 +11min +78 AR, should do for now but i will still be looking.

Thanks again everyone!
  8. folo

folo IncGamers Member

On the other hand, he will spend a lot of time finding someone in need of the low-medium end BH he's gonna get with his 3 imbues (chances of getting a >150% tradeable BH in 3 tries are pretty slim as you already know). An imbued low-medium end bow could be used right away though.

Just my 2 cents.

9. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

+2 20ias 146 dmg gothic with mana leech and cold dmg socket for example

I have a similar bow (without socket) and everyone on my realm seems to have one, go figure

best gothic I have found was 125 damage and you can probably get a 150 one via trade

ballistas have nice damage, but they are very slow
  10. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

for xploding arrow and/ or freezing arrow stormstrike is nice if u go for a 100 pierce build, also hellslinger and ichporstring at lower levels.

Fred
  11. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

True, but if you happen to have a monster imbue like Monzee got last ladder (195 ed martel iirc), you would be a bit pissed off if it were a non ias 195 ed gothicbow and not a bh :evil:

Anyway, thats not really an issue, since he's in HC and thats quite different...

12. sorcerben

sorcerben IncGamers Member

its probably a godly gothic or rune bow.
    rune bow=40-150damage with 30 IAS
    gothic with 35-180damage with 30 IAS.

There arent many good bows in diablo 2 classic, so go for rares.