Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Armor Set Items for Wizard?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Jomama, Jun 25, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 27545

1. Jomama

Jomama IncGamers Member

I am currently lvl 60 in Act 2 Inferno. Things are slow going so I am looking to upgrade my gear (again)...

I have been farming Act 1 Inferno for gold to save up for a pretty big upgrade.

What are the best armor sets for Wizards that anyone has found?

All advice is welcome! ;)
  2. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

The best thing for pretty much every slot is a rare item, not any set or legendary pieces. With the attack speed nerf, stacking crit, crit damage, and int is the best way to increase your damage (although attack speed is still good if you can get it with other good mods). A decent amount of vit and resist all is of course good too, exactly how you balance that out is sort of to taste.

This is one of those areas where D3 is just far less interesting than D2. There's no breakpoints to hit or really any kind of gear synergy by getting "key" pieces or anything like that. You just get the rares with the most of the attributes you want, period.

Weapons can get lots of crit damage, and that attribute is sometimes undervalued on the AH (although people are realizing its value more and more, so it is getting harder to find a deal). A weapon with a socket is quite good, as you can get tons of crit damage from sticking a green gem in there.
  3. LeminaAusa

LeminaAusa IncGamers Member

I don't really agree with this, D2 just pigeon-holed you into absolutely needing certain uniques in other to function, which is hardly any more interesting than D3 needing good rares to function. It's just a different color, because you were getting the uniques that had the attributes you want, where in D3 you were getting the rares that had the attributes you want.

To reply to the OP, the spirit of adventure + wanderlust set isn't actually bad if it rolls with the right stats, You get extra movespeed from the ring and a good deal of MF from both pieces. The set bonus is decent too.