Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best 2hand wearbear weapon???

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MountainBikerMan, Apr 18, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2173

1. MountainBikerMan

MountainBikerMan IncGamers Member

Best 2hand wearbear weapon???

Perfect Upped Shaeled or 40/15 ias Ribcracker
    Eth Tomb Reaver 3 sock with Zod Shael Shael or Zod and 2x 40/15 ias jewels

Those are the only 2 weapons I can think of that will hit fast enough. I know other ias will not effect mauls attack speed.

What attack frame will I hit with 2x 40/15 ias jewels in eth tomb reaver. 7fpa right? And with 2 shaels ill hit 6fpa right? Is the loss of 80%ed which is alot of dmg be worth it to hit 6 fpa attack or should I aim for 7 fpa attack? Ill be using cerebus,metralgrid,coh,gores,dungoes,bk ring or dual leech ring and ravenfrost. I might just cham the cerebus and use 2 nice leech rings but i like the ar/dmg/dex from ravenfrost. I dunno if ill be using steelrends or dracs. Anyone comment on my build thus far. What merc should I be using and what weapon??? Might merc or Blessed aim merc with epride?
  2. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Re: Best 2hand wearbear weapon???

Off-weapon ias can actually be useful to a werebear since they lack the native ias that the werewolf skill gives. You can hit 6 fpa with the 2x 40/15 tomb reaver by getting 55% off-weapon ias... ias gloves + highlord + jewel in the helm would work.

Jalal's is really really hard to beat as a helm. Metalgrid's nice okay but highlord's damage helps a bunch and light res is nice. Fort is better than CoH; the tomb reaver should give you some res too and you really don't need 75 all with the massive life a werebear can have, though it helps. Gores work but String of Ears is better than dungo for pvm with the mdr and leech instead of rep and +vita that can't be multiplied by BO or werebear. 1 ravenfrost is enormously helpful, the other ring could be dual leech. Laying of Hands for the ias and 350% ed vs demons is hard to beat, plus it gives big fire res. I would give the merc reaper's toll to break physical immunes, but I aura will depend on how comfortable you are with your AR I guess.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

I'll second all of the above :)

If AR is a problem, I'd stick to Might and use a couple of AR GCs (you won't have much need for anything else) and/or pre-buff with demon limb.

Just a suggestion: Another route would be to take some points out of WB/Lycanthropy (using SS skillers will make up for it) and max Fire Claws plus a synergy. Since Maul's ED is active as long as it's charged up you can use your 3k+ FC and still do the same amount of physical damage. Infinity is also an option here. You won't have summons beyond a 1 pt Grizzly.
  4. MountainBikerMan

Humm I like Cerebus a lot. Jalahs is for the norm. And how do you know you can get faster attacks by using off-weapon ias? I thought it didnt work with druids just like wearwolfs. Metalgrid adds huge ar and resists. Why is fort better than coh. The only good thing for fort is the 300%ed. Coh gives +skills,res,str,dr,etc,etc...
  5. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Because Titanseal.

Rarer and more expensive isn't always better. 300ED is between 80 and 280 ED more ED than CoH gives you and Highlord's crit makes for a huge increase in damage. And really the goal for any weapon-based build is to get as much ED and crit as possible while fitting in enough of the defensive thingies as well, which Karth's setup does just fine. You can build a perfectly good char with Cerebus' and Metalgrid, it's just going to do less damage.
  6. MountainBikerMan

Ill be using HoW too instead of Oak Sage. So maybe AR wont be an issue, dunno? I have 120-130 AR/33-39 Life GCs already. Ive got a near perfect cerebus. Maybe I will use Fort/Cerebus/Metalgrid. The 300%ed on fort would up my dmg a lot. the chilling armor mod is nice too. I already have a near perf metalgrid too. But with 2x 40/15ias in tomb reaver I would need highlords,40/15 ias jewel in cerebus, and ias gloves prob blood crafted ones. What am i going to do about fhr and resists though. I need almost 75 resists in hell. dont wanna keep drinking potions over and over. AM I going to have enough life leech without dracs,coh?
  7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

you should never listen to the people you ask for help, especially if they give it to you. /sarcasm

do yourself a favor and use jalal's.
  8. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

My recommendation may not be the "best" weapon to use, but for some reason I really like to use a "doom" runeword in a thresher or giant thresher when playing druids as it has a decent ed, ias, +skills, deadly strike, and that handy holy freeze to boot. The items listed above however will get you better damage output then my sugesstion.

Jalal's > Cerebus in almost all cases unless you're desperately in need of AR, but you shouldn't need it for PVM and you would be giving up very needed res, stats, fhr, and additional skills points.
  9. MountainBikerMan

cerebus already does +4 shape shifting. I could socket it with a 15%ias/15%all resist jewel. Ive got many 100 pd/5%fhr scs on hand I could use as well as shapeshift/12%fhr gc. also got a couple max/ar/fhr gcs. Whats the BP for fhr on druids??? The +20 dex str is nice on jalahs. Maybe ill buy a 200% jalahs and up it. Then socket it with a 40/15 ias jewel or cham then use 5%bk ring and a dual leech ring. Ive also got life/all resist scs too. Ive got about 40 hrs to spend on this char. With a 6 fpa attack though in hell im aiming for 90%+ chance to hit. not 70s-80s.