Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Beast...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by bergbusen, Mar 18, 2009. | Replies: 12 | Views: 1036

1. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

Beast...

When u use beast switch, what shield is prefferd to use. Does spirit affect
    fantasim aura. I use a summoner i lately i traded me a beast..=)
  2. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

Re: Beast...

I like Homunculus simply because it's a great all-around necromancer shield (high block, skills, resists).

I think spirit would boost the fanaticism level, but I'm not sure if the difference would be significant.
  3. bergbusen

what would the best summon prebuff shield, i focus on sskellies.

Rare: (3 summon,3 sm,3rs ), can it spawn.
    White: (3sm,3rs), 2soc with eth + lum for xtra 1 @ skills.

Simple, what would be the ultimate prebuff shield for summon necro.

//sry, i posted in swedish...lol=)
  4. Trueblood

Trueblood Banned

Would the increase of fana level worth the sacrifice of block rate and res? I guess not. What did the person above me just posted? o.0
  5. donshi

donshi IncGamers Member

1 More fanaticism level wouldnt do barely anything for your summons. It might help your merc out though. While the +damage/attack alone might not make much of a difference, the +1 IAS might make a considerable difference if you were to reach a breakpoint. So a quick calculation might help you reach your decision.

Spirit also gives the most possible FCR for a shield. Makes it very possible to reach the last fcr breakpoint. This comes in handy for teleporting, as it also gives a +1 skill to your teleport. It's also a nice boost to your FHR. For this reason, I would prefer to use a beast + homunc with a either a spirit+wizardspike for teleporting purposes; Spirit+hoto for teleporting and summoning purposes; or spirit+cta for warcries.
  6. bergbusen

Yes, spirit is great for prebuff with cta, but since i rarely get hit so maybe homu is the best to use with beast for the res.

I have to search for a good prebuff for skellies.
  7. zorroaster

zorroaster IncGamers Member

Spirit does not affect fanaticism ofc. Like all item-granted auras it is fixed. Why do you need to buff skellies, are the weak or what?
  8. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

You can't get the +3 (or even +1) to Summoning/Necroskills prefix on a magic/rare head and still get individual bonuses to any tier-1 skill (such as Raise Skeleton or Skeletal Mastery). The best is to get a 2os head with +3 individual bonuses and socket it with Splendor runeword, netting a +4 shield. The +1 to all also effects Battle Orders (if you're going with Call to Arms), so it's hard to argue for Spirit, although if Battle Orders is your #1 priority then I guess maybe Spirit.

As far as prebuff weapons, Call to Arms is okay for its +2 (+1 item, +1 from Battle Command), otherwise you want Arm of King Leoric.

An alternative to either the above is to go Heart of the Oak & Homunculus, giving you great resists, max block, and FCR; or Heart of the Oak & Spirit, if max block isn't your thing. However, that really isn't prebuffing, it's just a way to get decent +skills for summoning without relying on prebuffing.
  9. bergbusen

why u wanna buff skellies??, why u wanna get good gear anyways, i wanna get the best possible skellies, curently they are at lvl 44 with 7 skillers..so they are not weak, but its fun to tweak your char as much as u can...

10. bergbusen

yes, splendor shield in a shild with 3sm, 3rs would be great..i´m doing pit to find a good one..shouldn´t be to hard..=)

Sum nec is really fun t play, can do runs everywhere, 300+ mf, no problems with immunes..only problem is that u can´t play in 8 player game..always game gets "lose connection to battle net"..
  11. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

If you mean Hell pits that would be pretty hard indeed. Those heads only drop in the early stages of Normal.

12. zorroaster

zorroaster IncGamers Member

yea ofc, but does it make too much difference? My summoner currently is workin as a mule, with only lvl 37 skellies (38 with bc) A week ago I got a whisp on bnet asking for help to kill dclone. I made only 10 skellies and 10 mages and none of them died. Actually I should have riveved some Urdars, and then I wouldn't have lost my insight golem either. :whistling:

13. bergbusen

I think it does a hugh diffrent,, say at lvl 44 sm,rs with might, fana,how my skellies does a average damage = 19255.6.. With only 2 xtra skills it does 22158.6.

That is almost 3000 xtra damage per second with only 2 xtra skill in rs,sm..That makes a diffrence i think.