Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Be aware of PK in public games

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Kornkills, Dec 29, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1408

1. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

Word has been floating around that some people in public games are "vote kick" people, and dragging mobs onto them during the 10 seconds while you are being kicked.

Hasn't happened to me, but I would be careful in public games!
  2. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

Is there any indicator that you are going to be kicked? Something that would give you enough time to tp before you get booted? I've never been vote kicked (to my knowledge), so I don't know.
  3. Kornkills

Not sure, hasn't happened to me.
  4. JuiceBox

JuiceBox IncGamers Member

I've also noticed people will join your game, go to a boss fight, and then stand far away and not even lift a finger. once you beat the boss (on your own) they leave. so either they didn't want to die themselves, or they were hoping you die.
  5. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Ive been vote-kicked once, prbably due to playing a twinked toon and moving fast. got a warning saying "find a safe place" or something and a 10 second timer. didnt know what that was so i kept playing. then the 10 second leaving server came up and i luckily survived.

I have also seen alot of people in pub games that are low geared and just stay behind in safety. i think its a survival strat rather than a PK strat.
  6. Kornkills

I've had two friends now experience this. Just be careful out there!
  7. Rooms Of Ruin

Rooms Of Ruin IncGamers Member

Keep an eye out on the official forums as their names are mentioned quite often. The threads usually get closed but live long enough to compile yourself a list of those to watch out for. If you run public A3 you WILL run into these guys eventually (I've had them join my games numerous times in the last few days). I wish I didn't have to run publics but everyone still active on my flist has disabled quickjoin for some reason and seems to prefer playing solo.
  8. Ciezo

Ciezo IncGamers Member

Hello,
    Happened to me once, like a month ago. I was playing solo A3 MP0, then opened the game and two guys entered (don't know the names), we were fighting a pack of elites and suddenly came the 10 sec leaving window, don't remember if i was warned to find a safe place before!
    I was stepping in a Desecrator pool and my life was going down...thanks goodness the Nightmarish trait saved my life :p

Since then I don't play public games... take care guys!
  9. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

I just got kicked like that for trading in town and after the countdown i left the game without a timed delay with immobilisation. Maybe they hotfixed it or maybe the timer didnt come up because i was in town (like regular quit)?
  10. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

It was because you were in town...