Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Battle.net Channel Commands

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dii Legend, Jun 18, 2007. | Replies: 45 | Views: 50012

1. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

I noticed there seems to be a lot of people that don't know of the channel or friends list commands that are available on Battle.net, so I thought I would compile a list of them for everyone to see. Let me know if I left any out.

The following commands can be used in any chat channel.

Ctrl+M - Used to turn off/on the music in the main menu or in the chat channels.

Ctrl+S - Used to turn off/on the sound effects in the main menu or in the chat channels.

/users - Displays all number of users, games and channels on the server.

/time- Displays your local time and Battle.net server time.

/who [channel] - Who is in the specified channel.

/whois [character name] - Get player's personal information by displaying the account the character is on, and if it is in a game or channel (does not specify the name of the game or channel). You can get the same information by using the account name in place of the character name, if you know it (ie. /whois *accountname).

/whoami - Displays your information on Battle.net.

/whereis [character name] - Displays the same information as /whois. The command /whereis *accountname may be used in the same way.

/join [channel] (alias: /channel) - Join selected channel.

/resign or /rejoin - Rejoin current channel.

/designate [character name] - (For Channel Operator) Assigns new Channel Operator (for Channel Operator, /resign required to complete the process).

/kick [character name] - (For Channel Operator) Kick specified player. You can also kick the person using the account name (/kick *accountname). They can rejoin the channel immediately after.

/ban [character name] - (For Channel Operator) Ban specified player. You can also ban the player by using the account name (/ban *accountname). They will stay banned as long as you are in the channel, and as long as you have not logged off of Battle.net after banning the individual.

/unban [character name] - (For Channel Operator) Unban specified player. You can also unban using the account name (/unban *accountname). Allows the previously banned individual back into the channel. Note that you can also unban using either the character name or the account name no matter which method was used to ban the person (ie. /ban (character name) then /unban *accountname, or vice versa).

/whisper [character name] (alias: /w or /msg) - Sends a private message.

/msg [character name] - Messages a character name in Diablo 2 (note this is not the account name).

/msg *accountname - Make sure it has the star in front of the account name.

/msg [character name@Realm] - Allows you to communicate with a character on a different realm (where Realm is USWest, USEast, Asia, or Europe). Example: /msg John@USEast hi john.

/msg %F(n) [message] - Where (n), without the parenthesis, is the number of a person on your friends list. This is a way to message a friend by their position on your list, rather than having to type in their whole account name. Seeing this usage of /msg, the usefulness of /f p and /f d increases.

/reply [message] - Sends a private message to last person you received a message from, including the message received when a member of your friends list enters/exits Battle.net.

/squelch [character name] (alias: /ignore) - Ignore messages from this player.

/unsquelch [character name] (alias: /unignore) - Turns off squelch for this player.

/away [message] - This command will send an automatic message to anyone that sends you a message displaying the text you specified when activating it. The difference between this and /dnd is that you still receive messages with /away, but do not receive messages with /dnd.

/dnd [reason] - This command prevents all whispers from being displayed on your screen. This is excellent if you are in a game and do not want to be disturbed. To turn it off simply type /dnd. It is also commonly used as a scam method. Be sure to review the Watch Out For Scams!! Updated & Condensed link located in the stickied Community Forum Rules & Links thread.

/friends (alias: /f ) - This function will help explain how to use the friends commands. There are several different parameters you can use with this one (listed below).

/clan [your name] - This command will allow you to create a clan channel.

/stats [username] (program ID) - Shows the stats of a STARCRAFT player. It will however always show 0-0-0 for Diablo players or if you are using Diablo yourself. This command works even if the user is not currently on Battle.net. It is thus a good way to see if a certain account name is in use or not. The program IDs available are: STAR (Starcraft), SEXP (Starcraft Broodwar), W2BN (Warcraft II Battle.net Edition), WAR3 (Warcraft III), W3XP (Warcraft III The Frozen Throne). Example: /stats joe STAR

In Game Commands - These will work only when your character is in a game.

![message] - Type this to make a message appear directly over your characters head, and be visible only to people on your screen. (Type an exclamation point, then follow it by your message.)

/nopickup - For use in game. This command stops you from picking up items unless the Alt button is held down. Especially useful when dueling.

/players (1-8) - For use in game on Single Player only. This sets the number of players to artificially increase the difficulty, thus making you able to gain more experience from killing the stronger monsters.

/fps - For use in game. It displays the current frames per second (fps) and ping you currenty are running at, as well as the type of video you are using (2D or 3D) . The higher the fps the better, the lower the ping the better. Both of these affect the quality of your gameplay.

/framerate - Displays the same information as /fps, but also includes information about the sprite buffer and other performance-related topics such as cache memory.

soundchaosdebug - Enables all sounds to play at once. To turn it off, simply type soundchaosdebug again.

Chat Protection /Options (alias: /o)
    There are three separate flags which a user can set to customize which incoming chat messages are ignored.

Whispers - When on, private messages from people who are not in your friends list will be ignored.

/options ignorewhispers (alias: /o igw) - This command will ignore whispers from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

/options unignorewhispers (alias: /o unigw) - This command will allow whispers from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

Public - When on, messages in public channels from people who are not in your friends list will be ignored.

/options ignorepublic (alias: /o igpub) - Ignore messages in public chat channels from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

/options unignorepublic (alias: /o unigpub) - Allow messages in public chat channels from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

Private - When on, messages in private channels from people who are not in your friends list will be ignored.

/options ignoreprivate (alias: /o igpriv) - Ignore messages in private chat channels from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

/options unignoreprivate (alias: /o unigpriv) - Allow messages in private chat channels from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

/friends (alias /f) - The base command for all friends operations, on its own it prints out help about the friends commands.

/friends list (alias: /f l) - Displays your current friends list and has a summary of what each friend is doing at the moment on Battle.net (ie. lists channel name or game name he/she is in at the time).

/friends add [accountname] (alias: /f a) - Adds the specified account name to your friends list. You will receive an error if the account name is an invalid account (contains naughty words, etc.) or if you have too many friends in your list (maximum of 25).

/friends remove [accountname] (alias: /f r) - Removes the specified account name from your friends list. You will receive an error message if the account isn't in the list.

/friends msg [message] (alias: /f m) - Sends a message to all of your friends.

/friends promote [accountname] (alias: /f p) - Promotes the account name in your friends list. If no position is supplied (or is zero) then the friend will be promoted up one place in the list. If the position is supplied then the friend will be moved to that position from the top of the list with number one being the highest position.

/friends demote [accountname] (alias: /f d) - Demotes the account name in your friends list. If no position is supplied (or is zero) then the friend will be demoted one place in the list. If the position is supplied then the friend will be moved to that position from the bottom of the list with number one being the lowest position.

Target Line Codes
    You can enable these by right clicking on the Diablo II shortcut on your desktop and choosing Properties. In the target box after the last quotation, press the space bar once and type in the command lines below for the desired effect.

-w - Enables you to play in window mode.

-skiptobnet - Bypasses the introduction screens by starting the game at the Battle.net login screen.

-ns - No sound driver is loaded.

-nosave - Never saves the game.
    Fuz likes this.
  2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Awesome list Lynn! Deserves to be stuck into the useful links sticky and stuff. Great work ^^
  3. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

I second that. Having this type of list in a public place can only help to prevent trouble like that /dnd scam.

There are plenty of commands there I didn't know about. I had of course only bothered to learn the ones I needed, but I didn't think I'd missed so many.
  4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Very nicely done. =b
    Clear, and to the point. XD
  5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

6. A1cme3

A1cme3 IncGamers Member

Wow. I only knew a few of these. Thanks for posting this list!
  7. TurkeyLurkey

TurkeyLurkey IncGamers Member

you missed the /reply command.
    And the /whereis *acountname Useful for some things.
    Plus you can check out the full list on bnet, Though I didn't know that till after this thread. Thanks very much for making my gaming experience faster. You rock lynn.
  8. FrankWest

FrankWest IncGamers Member

Wow, awesome job - Dii! Very, very cool of you. I hope this gets a sticky.

Thanks a lot for all of this. :thumbsup:
  9. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

@Thyiad ~ I didn't know you had posted a basic commands list already, and I had missed the /player (1-8) for Single Player. Thanks.

@TurkeyLurkey ~ I've hadn't seen/heard of the /reply command until now. I just tried it out in game and it turns out you can type /reply (message) and it will send a message to last person you received a message from. That's awesome, thanks. Also, the /whereis command displays the same information as the /whois command.
  10. soul killer

soul killer Banned

As I scrolled down it looked well structured and written.

Good work.

I might read it later.
  11. Drmurder

Drmurder IncGamers Member

Lol i actually might use this very very nice Lynn.
  12. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

I once found all the flags you could put in the target field of the shortcut, but I can't find them again.

-w
    -skiptobnet
    -ns
    -act5

All of them could be a nice addition to this list.
  13. DaRKNeSsS

DaRKNeSsS IncGamers Member

Yes, yes i agree. It will stop a lot of confusion in the game.

14. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

What does this do?:hide:

All of of the commands you suggested are put in shortcuts, as I understood Dii Legend only put the ingame commands...

15. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

It activates runeword drop, so shenk can now drop that enigma! :thumbsup:

Yes I know, but I thought this would be a good place to have them. Sort of gather them all at the same place.

16. Furyan

Furyan IncGamers Member

Sticky! :grin:

And btw you might wanna add /nopickup to that list :smiley: It's in my eyes one of the most useful commands in the game. Correct me if it's already on the list, but I don't think it is :wink3:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  17. boodah

boodah IncGamers Member

Thank you - good info 4 a n00b -

Sticky please
  18. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

Do you think the shortcut flags would be a good idea? The list I made was for ingame commands, where those are used in the shortcut.
    I noticed that last night and have already requested that it be added to the list, thanks though. :wink3:

19. Bjorgin

Bjorgin IncGamers Member

/sarcasm

This can't be stickied! Newcomers never read the stickies!

/sarcasm

Jokes. GJ Lynn
  20. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

No need for sarcasm when you speak the truth. :tongue:

I did some research on the shortcut codes, and I have decided to include a couple of them. Some others are legitimate codes for Single Player, but it would be the same as cheating to use them so they will not be included.