Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Battle.Net and RMAH

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Gothamson, Apr 25, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 939

1. Gothamson

Gothamson IncGamers Member

Battle.Net and RMAH

may have been covered some place else but it is a concern for me.

1) Will linking D3 to Battle.net to play cost any money?

2) The RMAH is a place to sell items you find in game. If people use Real Money or Bliz bucks, what good are they if I do not play any other Blizzard games other than D3?
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

Re: Battle.Net and RMAH

1) No, there is no fee for creating a B.net account or playing on B.net. D3 is actually online only, so you can only play while connected to B.net.

2) When selling items in the RMAH you have two options, deposit any profits into your B.net account as Blizzard bucks or deposit the profits into an attached Paypal account. Transferring funds to a paypal account will incur additional fees ($.25 + 3% of total last time I checked, but this may have changed) so for smaller sales it'll wipe out almost all of your profits. Depositing the funds into you B.net account incurs no additional charge but these funds can only be used to buy things from the Blizzard Store OR purchase additional items in the RMAH. You may not play other Blizzard games but you could use those profits to get some swag for your character in the RMAH or some swag for yourself in the Blizzard Store.

3. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

This formula is still true, to my knowledge. Also, if you choose to go Blizz Bucks, they still take a cut, albeit not as big as Paypal takes. I'm not quite sure what the cut is, perhaps someone can give more insight on that.

4. Gothamson

Gothamson IncGamers Member

Thank you very much for the information. My questions were answered thoroughly.
  5. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

Glad to help. Neinball is good people when it comes to helping out.
  6. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

There is a $1.25 charge for all items sales. Commodities (gold and crafting mats) are sold in bulk and they have a flat 15% fee on all sales. This seems like a lot but understand that you'll make more money selling $1 worth of gold then you would a $2 item.

Anything I can do to help!

<3