Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barrier Sin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Argive, Sep 12, 2004. | Replies: 6 | Views: 370

1. Argive

Argive IncGamers Member

Barrier Sin

so I was just messing around with the character builder and just wondered if anyone ever tried this?

Max Blade shield
    Max Venom
    Max Claw mastery
    10 or so pts in fade

What I was thinking was an assassin with very high health that would choose a large damage claw and just get beaten on all day while shield killed everything. Now the thing is I havn't played in a couple years so I have no idea what that knew patch changed. Anyway this would work? Probably not though huh?
  2. Dark Assassin

Dark Assassin IncGamers Member

The shield does only doing 3/8 damage of the initial weapon.
    So it might be better to do the full damage by simply attacking !
    :lol:
  3. Masenko

Masenko IncGamers Member

You only need to be close to an enemy for the blade shield to hit them :)
  4. Dark Assassin

Dark Assassin IncGamers Member

An assassin going melee who is always surrounded by enemies could use that shield as an addition.
    But the one point is really enough. :winner:
  5. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Blade Shield as your main offense attack is not a good idea.
    It's more like a support skill, so use it in conjunction with other attacks.
  6. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

One point will have you casting it all the time, unless you are wearing a few plus skill items. You may want to get 5 or more points into it so you won't loose it during the middle of a fight.

In 1.09 you could pulse the Bladeshield making it hit as often as your cast rate, but I think there is a Next Delay now that will provent that from working.

However, if you were intent on building it, then I would suggest

1. Maxing Venom. This is one of the only skills that work to add damage to your blade skills.
    2. Not using Claws. Non-claw weapons can be much higher damage. This is even after you start talking about CM maxed. CM just isn't really worth the investment, because you can still do more damage with other items.
    3. Getting yourself to a high level of defense. This can be further amplified by your Cloak of Shadows so you aren't hit.
    4. Possibly you'd want to cheat to use Cobra Strike for more leech. -- This doesn't require a claw to use. And would be highly useful to heal back the incredible amount of damage you'd take. You might want to use this in conjunction with TS, to increase your leach even more. (TS doesn't require a claw either)
    5. Bramble Armor-- Increases Venom damage, grants you thorns aura and grants charges of Spriit of Thorns. If only you had Iron Maiden and Thorns worked on all enemies. -- Of course this works counter intuitively with your the idea of getting more defense so you dont' get hit. (Trang's Gloves also helpful for the added Poison Damage).

Read Ristlev's Blade Fury guide to see ways to increase your Blade Damage. But I think no one could expect this to be a great build. It will not have good killing speed.
  7. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

It's even set at a 1 sec timer, so you only have it attack once per second.. Sloooowww