Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barbarian builds vs other classes

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by AlexanderBarin, Feb 13, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1891

1. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Thoughts?

I'm pretty cheesy, running Marathon with high rage gen and life regen.

Trying to get people to duel for gold over on America HC realm :)
  2. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Good luck with that. I spent an hour last night trying to figure out a way to beat my friend's monk and just ended getting my posterior. handed to me over and over again.

The combo of teleport with fists of thunder + flash + 7-sided strike is, to the best of my knowledge, unbeatable vs. a decently geared monk. I have over 1 million EHP, and he kills me in about a second. When another friend and I teamed up on him with two barbs, he killed us both using the same combo in the same amount of time.

If he just stands still and does nothing, his dodge and passives make it take about 5 times as long for me to kill him with any build. He has 30k life, and I have 54k. I also have a higher base dps (143k) and and calc dps of 1 million using ww (the fastest killer if he stands still).

If I try to hit and run, he teleports on me and boom. If I do land a good hit or rend, he can heal (both actively and passively), become immune to all damage, and break any stun.

On the other hand, we don't get to any of those things. Oh wait--we can break stun once every 2 minutes. Good times ahead...
  3. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Upon further review, you can buy your way into contention. I spent 50 million gold on a bunch of regen gear. That puts my gear set at somewhere in the 300-500 million range (depending on inflation and such). Now I can do pretty well against monks with rend and weapon throw. The whole brawling setup is still depressingly underwhelming.
  4. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Mind posting your main stats such as amount of loh/ll, armor, regen, all res, str? what's your DPS and paragon lvl?
  5. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

In my pvp set up, my Barb is paragon 66 with 2200 str and 67k life. Stats with buffs are: 88k buffed dps, 900 res all, 8k armor, 4 k regen. Life leech is down to 4% and I have no LoH.

I'm using:

Weapon Throw (Throwing Hammer)
    Rend (Ravage)
    War Cry (Impunity)
    Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage)
    Sprint (Marathon)
    Ignore Pain (Iron Hide)

Unforgiving
    Inspiring Prsence
    Ruthless

Duels are short enough that fury doesn't seem an issue. If that changes, I'll go back to into the fray. My effective HP with this setup is 1.8 million. Being essentially broke right now, my gems aren't the best. I need to buff up some of the amethysts I'm using for more life, and I'd like to try a high lvl ruby in my axe at some point. Other than that, more dps and life would be nice from items, but we're starting to talk serious gold for most further improvements. I don't think I'm impressed enough with brawling to really make a push for that right now.
  6. mawbs

mawbs IncGamers Member

I really enjoy PvP, when I'm not grossly under geared against my opponents. Too bad actually finding someone to duel is so hard on Europe.

Lifesteal is useless and so is LOH. Most (competent) people stack dodge, which completely shuts down those two stats.

Staple abilities for me are:

War Cry [Impunity]
    Ignore Pain [Iron Hide]
    Rend [Ravage/Lacerate(Witch Doctors)]
    Sprint [Marathon]

Unforgiving
    Inspiring Presence
    Relentless

I never use Weapon Throw, I really dislike the ability. If people don't stack Health Globe/Potion on gear, Rend is usually enough.