Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb PVM, PVP

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Santiago, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1329

1. Santiago

Santiago IncGamers Member

Barb PVM, PVP

Hey

I'll just cut straight to the chase.
    I've got this barb, which i'm quite unsure what build to go. I'm quite unexperienced and there's whole lot of builds.

I'm looking for a build that i can use for both Pvm, and a bit of basic PVP, no tryhard bvb or bvc builds, i just want a good pvm build, which i can at the same time use for some basic pvp. The first thing that pops into my head would be a WW build, but is it really the best way to go? Is frenzy even viable in pvp?

I'm also kind of leaning towards a conc barb, i like the idea of it, but is it worth it compared to a WWbarb, or why not a berserk barb?

Aslong as someone could lend some guidance, i'll probably know where to go from there, it would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Re: Barb PVM, PVP

Ww is the best overall to do both IMHO. Only thing that ww isn't good for is ubers.
  3. TheWorkingBoor

TheWorkingBoor IncGamers Member

I don't play PvP, but I'm pretty sure the slow(ish) attack you'd have with Berserk/Concentrate could make it somewhat/quite/extra-hard to hit a mobile enemy - and at the same time, your immobility during attack would make you a stationary (read: possibly better) target for your opponent.

The problem with Frenzy would be no-shield = no-block... I'm not certain it's completely unfeasible, but I am skeptical.

WW is certainly the safest bet to be a good, feasible build for what you've explained.
  4. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

The best way to go with a character you want dual usage out of, in my opinion, is to pick a strong pvp build that can also do well in pvm. It is usually much easier to take a pvp character and pvm with it than to take a pvm character and pvp with it.

That said, I think you'd be best off building a pretty standard BvC. You don't have to stuff your stash full of swap gear or anything; just get the basics. Arreat, 34+ ias grief BA, beast BA, enigma, arachnid, trang's gloves, highlord, 2x ravenfrosts, gore riders, torch, anni, and maybe some fhr small charms + whatever res small charms you need. Max Whirlwind, Axe Mastery, Battle Orders, Leap. Put one point in Berzerk and 1-5 points in Natural Resistance and Increased Speed. The rest, if any, can go into Shout.
  5. Santiago

Santiago IncGamers Member

Thanks, i really appreciate the fast replies.

I'll go for a standard BvC then. Thanks again.

Cheers