Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb Inventory Help

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by minuses, Apr 7, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 967

1. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Barb Inventory Help

Hey everybody here I want to discuss about a PvM titan barb inventory. Titan barbs have low amought of life because of the distributing all points into str. My question is what charms would you use on a PvM titan barb? Would you go with max dmg/ar/str or max dmg/ar/life? I need help with this question. Some theories say more str is better for more dmg and other theories say you need more life for survivability. Lets conclude this question once and for all.
  2. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Re: Barb Inventory Help

I think this is actually a simple problem, assuming you can afford perfect max damage/life charms.

Grand charms:
    10 max/xx ar/45 life maximum
    10 max/xx ar/6 str

45 life/4 (4 life per stat point) = 11.25 stat points saved that you can put into strength if you feel you have enough hp.

Small charms:
    3 max/xx ar/20 life
    3 max/xx ar/2 str
    20 life/4 = 5 equivalent stat points.

This would only reverse if the barb hit your target life with the hp charms, where the extra hp could no longer replace stat points spent in vitality. However, at that point, with a titan barb already having enormous ED, you might be better off with 14 max damage grand charms and 4 max damage small charms... assuming you can find more than one or two of them.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

If you're aiming for a specific amount of hp, then (as Karth showed) using life charms before investing in vit is the optimal way to get there.

If your question is whether to use life charms at all on a base vit build, I'd say it depends pretty much completely on personal preference. If someone forced me to build one I'd probably put all the HP charms I have in my inventory and still not be happy about my hp; others would say using anything other than str/max charms defeats the purpose of making a titan barb in the first place :p
  4. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Ok thanks everybody. I think I will go with the life charms then if that is the case. It seems that the barb would not have enough life with them.