Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to D2 after a long disappointing D3 experience

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Safastak, May 12, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 2366

1. Safastak

Safastak IncGamers Member

Hey all

I've recently had enough of D3 and decided to go back to D2 (luckily for me, at the ladder reset).

It's been a long time since then and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice, I have a few questions to ask :

1. Does my first character have to be an MF character? I've always liked playing a barbarian but clearly other classes such as necro or sorc are better MF characters.

2. I can't make up my mind weather I should go on the EU or USwest server. Europe is closer to me but I'm not sure which one will be more crowded and be more entertaining, and have more serious dedicated players.

Thanks for any advice and hope to see u soon in-game :)
  2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

I dont know about the servers, but I can answer you on the class, and the answer is No your first character dont have to be a MF character, play as you like, but at that note, barbs is good MF characters with the horking ability (find item), one point is all you need and you'll have a chance of double drop. Barbarians are very item dependent tho.

- D.J.
  3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Actually, you should check out the player matchup forum:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Player-Matchup

The top 3 new threads involve people from here forming groups to play together starting the reset this week.

Perhaps it would be nice to know where you live, from your profile going, I'm guessing spain?

EU would be most suited to you if you need overall companions who play at the same periods as you will
    USWest would be most suited if you need as many players as possible online at the exact moment of the reset (as it'll be something in the afternoon iirc there, while Europe resets around midnight)

Personally I'm on EU, and don't know if many peeps are on USWest or how their general beheaviour is, but as I said before, check out the playermatchups and judge yourself :thumbsup:
  4. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

On 1): no better way to get some decent stuff fast with a sorc @meph. It's lots more fun (for me anyway) to get your baba started with decent gear.
  5. Safastak

Safastak IncGamers Member

ok thanks for the advice. could you please tell me what's a good sorc build for farming meph? and of course a build that's decent to level up and clear up some content and leveling up as well. thanks!
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

There are a ton of guides on the forums, that could help you build you sorc for Mephisto.

The skill build Im going for in 1,5 day! (Almost there!! :D )

Blizzard Sorceress.

Get 17-18p in Ice Blast asap. And the rest in warmth/static field/Telekinesis/Teleport/frost nova/glacial spike/ice bolt.. only 1p in each.

At lvl 24 you can pick Blizzard. Which youll max asap. 1p in Cold Mastery is important though.

The main thing about using a pure Cold build, is that very few, if any at all, are cold immune in Ancient Tunnels in Hell. And you can use the "moat trick" to kill Mephisto. Without trouble at all. All in Hell.

Check it out! ;)

Peace and happy reset!
  7. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

My personal favorite blizz sorc build at this time is

20 cold mastery
    20 blizzard
    20 hydra
    20 fire mastery
    1 pt tele
    1 pt static field
    1 pt frozen armor

Blizzard will smash anything not cold immune. Hydra is strong enough to deal with cold immunes (just drop 5 of them and let them do their thing). I've tried using firewall and fireball but I feel they just too much of a hassle. You have to get the monster to stand still in your firewall, or have them walk thru it. Fireball has to be targetted. Hydra may be weaker but it does the job and you just drop them and forget about it -- hassle free. No frustrations.
  8. Ayahra

Ayahra IncGamers Member

Hey Safastack :)

I do agree that D3 was a little bit of a disappointment, and after I played the game, I immediately went back to D2.

One of my best characters is the amazon and I don't think she's an MF character. But I do know that only at Lv 24, I have a ton of magic items. I literally have no normal or white item. I think it's up to you to explore the maps fully and keep every key you find, in order to open locked chests, which usually hold magic items, charms, rings, etc.

I am in the EU, but I can also play in US hosted games. The EU is much more crowded and the people are a lot nicer. The US based games are full of people who play as PvP and kick the shizz out of you and steal your items after you're dead :D in the EU, if you want to play PvP, you must find or host a game, where in the description (or title of the game) says that they are playing PvP or making alliances against each other.

Hope this reply was useful :)

Ayahra
  9. DefiledVisions

DefiledVisions IncGamers Member

Hey, I'll be getting back into game too (after being gone for a few years). I'll be playing on EU, looking forward to having some good times with the awesome ppl here at the forums!

Safastak if you live in europe or in a time-zone close to the european timezones it can be fun to play on the EU realm because of more people being online.

As for a sorcbuild to start with I usually go for a mete-orb build, easily runs the pit and the countess in Hell with a combination of ice and fire. And she gets stronger, mephisto and chaos sanctuary doesn't become a problem either. A bit +skill dependent though which can be a problem in the beginning. But getting a spirit and some +skills gear shouldn't be too hard in the beginning with a bit of luck and hard work (rune runs) :)
  10. Locohead

Locohead IncGamers Member

By far the easiest start is going to be a Sorc, due to teleport and the ability to load up with a lot of MF. If you do a Sorc and plan to solo most of the game, I'd recommend starting with Fireball / Frozen Orb. Build a nice Leaf staff with +2 or +3 inherent fireball; use fireball through normal and then shift toward Frozen Orb as you move through nightmare & hell. Once you get through hell and are ready to do boss runs, you can use one of your respecs and switch to pure blizzard.

However, Sorc is not the ONLY option. Hybridzon (LF main / Freezing Arrow switch) is surprisingly powerful and easy to use. You could MF with her quite easily, and you will be running high-level areas (like WSK) rather than Meph. She can solo almost everything and can kill Baal with charged strike. Resists are a bit harder since you can't depend on shield resists.

Summon necro can also be a good starting MF char, but I haven't really gotten one to a high level.

I plan to start on USWest but also considered EU. If you live near EU that makes the most sense.
  11. echodrome

echodrome IncGamers Member

The only issue for playing EU would be timezone differences. I was thinking about starting in the EU servers but I figured that by the time I start playing most people will probably be going to bed over there.