Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Awsome Ideas for 1.12?

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Streetproject, Nov 16, 2005. | Replies: 1395 | Views: 195928

1. Streetproject

Streetproject IncGamers Member

Awsome Ideas for 1.12?

Anyone got any cool ideas that should happen with diablo patch 1.12? I have a few...

There should be a shared stash per account. Diabloii.net suggested this before 1.10 came out, they thought that it could be happening, by hitting a tab on your stash, you would access an account stash, for easy xfering.

A new cube recipe to relinquishe mistakes made by clicking the wrong skill/stat. We have all messed up on chars before. It would be a shame to have to throw away a character becouse they were stated wrong. Course, putting stuff in a cube then maxing them together to make a cool potion that when you drink it, you can remove a skill/stats of your choice and replace it/them somewere else sounds ubsurd, i really like the idea!

Cube recipee to unsocket items, and you get the socketed item back.

Cube recipee to repair ethereals(i wish!)

socketed boots/gloves/belts would add a lot of interest to the game. If they did that, there would probably be a lot more runewords they would want to add too.

Socketed uniques cube recipee(more then one socket possible too)

Maybe a cube recipee to add sockets to an already socketed item, not breaking through the max however.

Lol, ok, i know this one is dumb, but a cube recipee to change the way an item looks. I have a ravenfrost, and I can't stand the graphic. A cube recipee will make looking at my inventory a whole lot more plesent if I could change it's look to something different, lol, I know, lameness.​

If you have any ideas, please post them, I want to hear everyone elses ideas too.
  2. fiftyonefifty

fiftyonefifty IncGamers Member

City dwellers should know the surrounding areas pretty well. There should be a map vendor in each town (Another use for gold, and might quiet down the players complaining about a lack of maphack).

Something extra for mercenaries. I hate running out of space and having to run back to town for my stash. The merc has pockets, right? Let them get gold or pick up at least a few squares worth of space.

Have a cube recipe to lower the quality of a weapon. I had found a superior grand matron bow with 3 to skills. I wanted 4 sockets, Larzuk would have given it 5. The only shot I would have is with the cube recipe, but alas, you cannot use superior items for the cube socket recipe.

That's all I can think of for now.
  3. Spellsinger

Spellsinger IncGamers Member

The community stash for your account, I have always thought was a great idea.

I also like the idea of more armor slots for mercs (as said above). And much better AI for mercs. I really like the idea of having a merc, but rarely use them. Without top of the line equipment they always die, and dont serve much in the way of helping you. Mabey you could choose how you want your merc to fight. On the merc inventory screen could be a few buttons, click one if you want your merc to stay very close to you. Another if you want to let him wander a bit more. Or mabey just a ranged and assault stance (rogue mercs running into monsters drives me crazy) And mabey the better AI will keep your merc from walking directly into poision clouds, fire....etc.
  4. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

I think some simple commands for your merc would be useful...like offensive or defensive AI. It's hard to get him to back away from monsters when he's got a case of IM, unless you can tele.

Quite frankly, I think we've got enough options with the cube. Adding sockets to gloves, superiors, or removing stats/skills is a little too much I think. There's already enough goldy characters out there that I can't touch with my zon.

The pally's definitely need some nerfing haha. Smite first off, and a little bit with auradins (just a little, these builds are expensive).
  5. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

What I would like in 1.12: concentration aura damage for Hammerdins even more lowered to 25%. Also I would like to see the Teleport on Enigma replaced by a skill like Fanatism or Chilling Armor.
    And a runeword with +5 Skeleton Mastery, +5 Raise Skeleton, +5 Summon Resist would be cool. Imagine a Sorceress with Enchant throwing herself into the fray with an army of 10 skeletons (after +skills).
    Another thing would be a harder thing (Uber Trist = too easy once you know how to beat it).
    And... well... more powerful Skeletons, more Mages life and better Revive AI for the Necromancer. OR 1 Skeleton per level in Raise Skeleton (like back in 1.09) (with the same damage as now though).
  6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

All I want is a bigger stash.

Bad idea. People would just unsocket and keep on rerolling runewords until they get perfect stats. You lose the items when you remove them from a socket for a reason.
  7. logger120

logger120 IncGamers Member

now thats a good idea. a merc with a backpack. that would make them more than a walking aura, a backpack wearing walking aura.
  8. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Here are 2 changes that I want:

Change the way that D-Clone spawns. The way it is spawning now is helping dupers.

Make some use for SoH, if there isn't one already (which probably isn't).

Edit: Next thing you think of is merc that can wear loads of charms. Seriously, regarding mercs, I think the thing they need to do is to make options for you to call merc. (like pressing run away would make your merc run away and such)
  9. Streetproject

crap, yeah, i guess your write. That is pretty unwise, i was just thinking about my godly jewel i lost couse i accidentally put it in my ik helm :(
  10. Streetproject

that would be pretty sweet if your merc could wear every item you can. That would be fliipin awsome. They could actually wear full sets. And thet would be cool if they would change a bit when you put armor on them or something. My act 1 merc looks same-old same-old with that shirt thing she is wearing. I want my act 5 merc to wear ik set, but I guess that would be a little powerful. Then again, it wouldn't be becouse everyone would be doing it :lol:

OH! and a belt can hold potions they can use, instead of us having to look out for them when they are trying to tank untankable monsters.

I also want them to wait in town if I want. I can do nm meph runs with them, but when i want to do hell meph runs, he is toast, I wish you could go to the merc. seller dudes, and ask them to hold onto your merc till you get back, instead of me having to pay loads of gold to re-ressurect them, when i jsut kinda want them to guy, to get them out of my hair.
  11. twelvebagger

twelvebagger IncGamers Member

Add a very, very, very difficult quest that rewards the rights to a second mercenary from a different act.
  12. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Skill duration warnings: a little icon for the corresponding skill will appear when a spell's duration is about to expire (similar to when you're low on arrows)

Merc commands: We already have buttons that make chars say "run away," "help!" etc., why not put them to a real use (other than annoying all other players in the area :p )

Item rotation: Allows much more efficient use of inventory/stash space.

Have items only take up the required space: just look at a few of the items and you'll see how they take up more slots than they need (breast plates, certain assassin weapons, others)

Nerf some of the runewords or make runes more available. Or at least make Hell difficulty playable without them (or other items that take 5 years to find)

Clicking on a black space should still allow you to move. (just try clicking outside the walls of places like the durance of hate.)
  13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Merc commands are a good idea. I can't count the number of times my hammerdin desparately tried to tele away from a group of monsters simply because my merc was Iron Maidened, but the merc constantly rushes back and kills himself.

Another thing I would like to see changed is the fact that sometimes bosses don't drop items when they're killed near a ledge. If there's no space for items to drop, then the items should drop in the nearest possible place. It sucks killing Baal and finding out you killed him too close to a pillar/ledge and getting absolutely nothing for your troubles.
  14. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Is there a class that you cannot solo hell unless you have godly items? Let's see:
    Sorc: Dual spirit 2 element sorc.
    Necro: Naked summoner. (or dual spirit, or some heads)
    Trapsin: Dual trap claws trappers.
    Pally: Dual spirit hammerdin.
    Druid: Dual spirit windy.
    Zons: LF/CS zons with a cracked javalin. Have FA for back up.
    Barb: This one might be tough. Dual spirit singer + CB merc?
    (noticed how I abused spirit? You can use lidless, but spirit is so much better, while we are at it, abuse insight as well)

Almost all classes can solo hell without much gear, so hell is playable. As for melee players, however......, that is a lot harder. For whether some runewords make some builds too powerful, I think yes. Enigma + CtA comes to mind.
  15. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Give barbs the ability to use 2 shields and to ww with them.

To have the mastery skill tree the same just get polearm and pike mastery the same and add a shield mastery, improving damage and attack rating just like any other shields.
  16. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Well, yes, it IS still doable, but for me, killing things in Hell is a little too difficult to really be fun (unless using a hammerdin, though they're boring to play). Why is it that while playing a sorc in Hell, every third monster is immune to both elements and can kill my merc within 3-4 hits?
  17. akuma

akuma IncGamers Member

1. remove the cheese from paladins. hammers and smite are way too powerful.
    2. add a unique jewel. lvl req 90, +1 skills and other neat mods. extremely rare.
    3. map vendor. i already made a post about this and it went unanswered.
    4. make the mercs from acts beside act 2 useful. give act5 mercs ww and beserk.
    5. i've played diablo ever since v1.10 was released. i've never seen the d clone. NEVER.
    6. make npcs killable. akaras had it coming for a loooooong time.
    7. make the 80% of uniques and runewords that are completely useless useable. give me a reason to use thunderstroke instead of titans.
    8. give gold more weight to trading. make gold drops rare. lower repair costs. change useless quest rewards such as the countess' money drop and akara's and ormus' ring donation count for something. i'm sick and tired of trading in SSs/ums/ists.
    9. splitable runes. 1 ist + any hammer = 2 mal
  18. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

1. Nerf teleport. At least give it 1 second delay or something.
    2. Map vendors, as it as already been suggested.
    3. More value to Gold.
    4. Nerf hammerdins (like make conc only add 33% of the written +%Damage instead of 50%), nerf Cold Sorcs a tiny bit.
    5. Make Blood Mana a much more often seen curse
    6. Nerf Hell HF drops to Ist max and Dol minimum, improve normal forge.
    7. Improve Iron Wolf mercs.
    8. Nerf a lot of Overpowered runewords.
    9. Add more Elite Uniques, and improve some of the unused ones.
    10. ATMA-like stash and mule management.
    11. Make the monsters more agressive. I mean, you can just stand there, and they walk around minding their own buisiness.
    12. Improve the Psychic Hammer skill.
    13. Add more rewards and penalties for PKing.
    14. More pie.
    15. A bit more pie.
  19. Streetproject

Yeah, i saw your map vendor idea, i was like "That person is so smart" sorry for not telling you. lol
    Akana is my ex, now she follows me, it is "time to die"
    number 7 is wise
  20. Streetproject

Slap me in the face if I am wrong, but a super-duper quest that adds a row to your inventory. I HATE picking up crap 3x2 squares. I can only hold belts under them. Geez, lol, i want a bigger inventory. The only time i get a bigger inv. is the cube, and that isn't much bigger, giving me only 5 extra blocks.

Gamblable uniques. mf doesn't matter though

make act 1 "amazon only" item holdable, act 2 and 3 i have no clue what those guys are. what about "Merc only" items, that are specially made to help them out? eh?