Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Atma - Adware Gen Trojan?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Locohead, Jul 5, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 1221

1. Locohead

Locohead IncGamers Member

My Atma is acting wonky, so I was going to reinstall it. Tried downloading Atma 5.05 and it was blocked by Google Chrome and/or Avast as containing the Adware.gen trojan. I remember this being talked about before and people casually dismissing it as a false positive, but now I'm really wondering about it. Has anyone actually proven this to be a false positive? I'm not taking any chances...

Update - looks like the "corruption" is just the problem with essences being unsupported. So I don't need to reinstall, heh. I looked into patching Atma to support essences but decided not to bother for now. Was just a blue essence anyway. If I ever need a token I guess I'll just run all the bosses on that character... bleh. Doubt that will happen anyway.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It's all fine with it, except the Adware.gen trojan is implanting false memories into people's brains (like mine), but then it wouldn't allow me to post this, would it? On the other hand, if this posting encourages you to install or keep ATMA, it might be fine again.