Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

As the release date of d3 is approaching, which class would u guys prefer?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Reuben, Apr 19, 2012. | Replies: 27 | Views: 1908

1. Reuben

Reuben Banned

As the release date of d3 is approaching, which class would u guys prefer?

I'll start with bb, coz I suppose bb is the only class come from d2, I can quickly get familiar with it. lol. And the whirlwind and jump skill are pretty awesome!
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Re: As the release date of d3 is approaching, which class would u guys prefer?

I want to get a proper shot at the beta first. I have an account I can use, but need my new computer first.

So far, I think WD.
  3. SirAdis

SirAdis IncGamers Member

Monk then WD, best 2 classes, WD seemed lame before I got the beta few months ago, but after a playthrough I was seriously considering starting with WD 1st, but I loved Monk 2 much in Hellfire not to play it from the start.
  4. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

I like all the classes so I'll just pick whatever I feel like playing at midnight. Who knows what that will be! :O
  5. megacoffee

megacoffee IncGamers Member

DH. For some reason I can't play anything other than physical ranged classes in RPGs. I guess I just like kiting, possibly a bit too much.
  6. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Tried all the classes in beta, I'll go with either the wizard or monk.

WD is a little too fancy and I don't really like playing bow classes.

Barb is still my least favorite, just like in D2.

I'll still play all 5 classes once I get bored with the current, if I have the time..
  7. PrimetimeUTK

PrimetimeUTK IncGamers Member

I did not get into the beta, until I got the chance to try it out thanks to Town-Portal and others from another post here on the forums.

Before, I was dead set on Barbarian as my first/main character. But after having the chance to try out each a little bit last night, it's more of a toss up. I really enjoyed the Witch Doctor, so he's making his way up my list.

Still currently set on Barb, but WD and Wiz are closely behind right now.
  8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

before beta i was all about the DH, now i will roll barb first. because so many people seem to want to start as a barb i smell a nerf a few weeks after launch lol
  9. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

I sure hope Blizzard won't think this way. It's annoying when nerfs are applied when the reason there is a discrepancy in what people are playing is the "fun" balance as opposed to actual power. It can be hard to tell the difference sometimes.

10. Hokuto no Ken

Hokuto no Ken IncGamers Member

Ill probably start with wizard, then monk as my second
  11. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

I think that the Barbarian attracts more players than other classes just because the particular fantasy he fulfils is more satisfying to more people. People like the idea of playing someone like the Hulk :).

However, I don't think the Barbarian is necessarily more powerful than the other classes - just more appealing to some people from a visceral standpoint.

I personally am a huge WD fan. However, I've recently taken a big shine to the Monk :p. I'm still almost certainly rolling a WD first, but the Monk's really appealing, too :p.

12. stonerdoom

stonerdoom IncGamers Member

Having been lucky enough to roll in the beta, I am leaning heavily towards the DH due to the same reasons as megacoffee. Further the skills/weapons afforded to the DH give an edge imo. Further, it has many class specific items (most people are forgetting about cloaks and quivers- that'd be a cheezy name for a DH clan wouldnt it?). Lastly there are mega craftable bows available. You could craft a very top tier DH. Seems like an easy path to L60/Inferno. The WD was my top choice before playing. Its a 1a/1b kind of thing. I won't be surprised at myself at all if I play WD first. I may flip a coin at midnight and let fate decide.
  13. JackalYYC

JackalYYC IncGamers Member

As has been the case with every single character RPG that I've played in the last 20+ years, if I can be a Mage/Wizard/Sorc, I will master it.

But after playing the beta, I am super pumped on the Demon Hunter. Soooooooo much fun laying caltrops, vaulting away, peppering the area with Hungering Arrows and Rapid Fire, never getting touched, and just annihilating everything. I never liked the Amazon, but the DH is cemented as my secondary.
  14. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

15. Floydman

Floydman IncGamers Member

About a week ago or so i finally locked in wd. I love barb and wiz. Saving them for once i'm more familiar with the game. Monk or dh will become my solo classes i play once the frenzy dies down or i'm the only one on of my friends.

I can imagine Playing monk solo in higher levels to require lots of skill and lots of fun cc'ing things very very carefully (hello inferno)
  16. prodiii

prodiii IncGamers Member

barbarian > dh > wd > monk > wiz
  17. Bllackmoon

Bllackmoon IncGamers Member

I could not decide since I liked them all each in their own way, so I choose to pull cards to see what order I will play. Here's what I came up with:

1 Wizard
    2 Demon Hunter
    3 Barb
    4 Witch Doctor
    5 Monk
  18. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Site Pal

Barb for me, love everything about the class.
  19. Boudica

Boudica IncGamers Member

I like ranged so DH is my start char, might try close combat after and will probably go for the monk
  20. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

My innitial approach before playing the beta was as follows

Barb > Demon Hunter > Monk > Wizard > Witch Doctor

Now it is QUITE different with the exception of Barb

Barb > Witch Doctor > Monk > Demon Hunter > Wizard