Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Armor Tank Monk everyone wants to be around

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Such Violent Storms, Apr 30, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2570

1. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Armor Tank Monk everyone wants to be around

Another build thingy focusing on Armor and support (like a metal bra).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bfXRgh!ZXf!ZcbYZa

-- Spam DR and Cyclone Strike. +50% Armor as you furiously click that left mouse button. CS' damage and pull-in effect are awesome, helping monsters focus on you and ensuring sexy Resolve action. The wide heal buffs everyone's damage with Guiding Light, and is the only spot heal a Monk can spam.
    -- Hard Target to provide some dodge and buff everyone's armor
    -- STI because duh

Variants: There's some interchangeable runes and skills. Some might not like Inner Sanctuary, or Serenity. Transcendence is also an option, depending on how much heal/spirit you get from items.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Re: Armor Tank Monk everyone wants to be around

It looks nice but I don't really know if I'd wanna use that Cyclone Strike on inferno. Maybe on ranged mobs but do you really want to be surrounded by hard hitting melee? Well I guess we won't know till we find out. Interesting build though. Hope it works.
  3. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

It all depends on your gear and the composition of your party, really. Maybe there's a freeze wizard. Or stun barbarian. Or 2 other Monks. Lots of factors, but in general I think it would work quite awesomely.

4. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

IMO:
    Guardians Path > Guiding Light
    Crippling Wave + Concussion > Deadly Reach + Keen Eye

For a tank build. I can appreciate the +armor from keen eye, but I'm not so sure it'll be as effective as concussion. And the +damage is nice from Guiding Light, but with all that damage your going to be taking from cyclone strike that extra survivability from guardians path may come in handy.