Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are there any good 3rd-party alternatives to Battle.NET? i

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Banglafish, Mar 29, 2012. | Replies: 18 | Views: 2500

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banglafish

Banglafish IncGamers Member

Are there any good 3rd-party alternatives to Battle.NET?

My copy of Diablo 2 LOD is pirated. Rage on me all you want, but I'm going to buy the game from amazon.com in the next few days, so technically I didn't really pirate the game, because then I'd be paying for it. Now aside the fact that it's possibly the most well done game I've ever played in my life, playing single player on your own can just get repetitive sometimes. So, I basically want a program that shares the same function as Battle.NET, as in having co-op, PvP etc. Also, do mods share the same consequences as hacks? I know that hacks are completely different than mods, but I just want to know if they both get your character banned, or only hacks do. As well, do mods only work on single player, or is there a way to make them work on the server that I'm playing on? Sorry, I'm just new to the whole multi player section of Diablo 2 LOD.
  2. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Re: Are there any good 3rd-party alternatives to Battle.NET?

If you're buying the game in the next few days, why would you need knowledge of a 3rd party Realm? :scratchchin: Just play on Bnet after buying the game. Mods aren't available on Bnet, and all modifications to the game will get you banned (well, *may* get you banned, anyway).
  3. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

You played the single player game without paying for it, and you somehow convinced yourself that you didn't technically steal it? What is this world coming to.

You did pirate the game. There is no technicality here. You gave up no values of your own in exchange for the values you received without their consent. That is theft. You are a parasite.

And people complain that there are no jobs in the economy... that employers can't afford to pay their employees anymore... yet they pirate the games anyway.

I've purchased virtually every game in the last 15 years. They deserve your support - sooner rather than later - or we're just going to get horrible, dumbed-down internet-only games that suck. Blizzard is one of the few good companies left. Bethesda is another. Bioware flew off the rails a long time ago. You should have ****ing supported them before we have nobody left.
  4. Banglafish

Dude, chill out. I said that I'm going to buy the game in a few days, so stop raging. Also, I used to own the game a really long time ago, back when only my brother used to play it and i just sat there watching him playing it, but then we just lost the CD. Anyways, none of you have answered my question really. The mod that I'm going to install is MedianXL Omega.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  5. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I seem to remember that Median XL has multiplayer of some sort. They probably tell about it on their site.
  6. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

Let's sum up:

1. Thief Steals something

2. Someone says, "Hey, stealing is wrong. You shouldn't have done that."

3. Thief says, "Chill out! Stop Raging!" (i.e. trying to make the person pointing out the obvious moral problem as the person in the wrong, deflecting all blame away from themselves... and hoping nobody else notices).

7. Banglafish

Let's say that you have a bicycle. You were originally going to sell that bicycle for, lets say, $20. I took that bike away from you without noticing. But then the week after, I came to you with the bicycle back and gave you $20. This is basically what I'm doing. I pirated the game at first, but in a few days, I'll actually buy it which will basically net in some money for the company. So simply put, nothing has happened really, and your logic's flawed.

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

We do not support applications that simulate what Battle.net does. There are some mods that work in a multi-player environment (as long as everyone has those mods) but your best bet with those is to approach the people who created them. The popular ones usually have a small community to assist. As mentioned earlier though, the mods wouldn't work on Battle.net.

Ultimately I agree with Greizer in that if you're planning on buying the game in the next couple of days then just wait until you get it and jump on Battle.net.
  9. Banglafish

No offense, but you need to study a bit more mathematics. If you're 95% right, then you have 5% remaining, not 2%. I'm planning on doing what you're advising me to, but I just want to experience some net play before I get to see the "real thing", you know?

10. Tbone

Tbone IncGamers Member

:doh:

Thus the irony in the quote, which is what makes it funny.

11. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Ok...the quote containing the percentages is part of his signature, its supposed to be a joke. Guess you didn't quite catch that one.

The real thing is no different then single player except there's other people running around doing the same thing, killing monsters, completing quests, gaining levels, etc. That and a ton of spam bots of course but who doesn't love spam bots?
  12. Banglafish

Sorry, usually in other forums the signature is always separated from the post by a thin line in order to reduce the chance of confusing people. Also, I just wanna talk to people for once(in game).

13. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

No, my logic isn't flawed. Try taking food from a grocery store and paying them back for it a week later without their consent and we'll see how well that works out for you.

You are not paying them any interest on the late payment, or even letting them consent to this transaction in the first place. You don't think that's even the slightest bit wrong? It's their game, but you are setting the terms. You have no right to do this. It is their property, not yours. There is such thing as property rights - and you ignore it.

It is your logic that is flawed.

14. Banglafish

Okay, I agree with you.

15. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

wait wut. You must be new to the Internet; the usual policy is to

1) make subtle insult
    2) get called out
    3) quote useless statistics
    4) get called out
    5) start yelling incoherently
    6) get yelled back at
    7) continue yelling until other people tire of it and you've 'won'
    8) alternately, post huge walls of text that no one is energetic enough to climb over, leading to the same result ('victory')

You'll learn if you stick around for a while, don't worry. :nod::wink: (I must warn you that people on this particular site have bad manners in that they actually bother you with good arguments, often enough. :scratchchin:)

16. Banglafish

Lol, I'm by no means new to the internet. I'm just much smarter and more mature than the general vast majority of the internet, which what makes me stand out and makes me look like I'm "new to the internet". Also, I just said that to end a pointless argument. By the way, I was sleeping as well, so I'm sorry that I couldn't reply back to your post on time.

17. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

Since when is knowing about property rights, ethical courses of action, etc. considered a pointless argument? These concepts are critical to civilization.

Honestly, you can't be very mature or very smart if you still think theft is a perfectly good course of action to take. That is actually quite irrational as it's definitely not in your rational long-term self-interest.

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yeah, sure, we noticed that when you pointed out the mistake in Orphan's sig :smug:

Seriously, I suggest to stop any debates at all until you bought the game. I'm not saying that as a mod, however, it's just my personal opinion (so you might find a bit of irony in this posting). As you admitted freely that you are currently using a pirate copy, I will assume that you are serious and honest with respect to your promise, so just tell us when you bought it and you might expect a bit more support and friendliness. However, people might still have doubts because now we know how smart you are :smug:

19. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

*deleted*

Please wait until Orphan makes a decision about this thread.

Krischan
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.