Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are Keywarden's broken?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by rberacha, Mar 20, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1257

1. rberacha

rberacha IncGamers Member

16k HP 13K DPS Demon Hunter Act 2 NM.

My DPS was high because I had a reduced lv req weapon.

I was cruising and crushing MP10. My other DH died at 60(2) in Inferno and on that run I did MP 10 all through Hell so I have a good feel of monster damage ratios. The thing is...

The Act 2 NM Keywarden spun and shot one of those thorns and it insta killed me. Just one thorn from full health and no other mobs in the area. Does that experience sound normal? Is there a known tuning issue with them or is that how they are tuned on purpose even in NM?

2. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

All Act II Dervishes (the guys that spin around) including the Keywarden reflect projectiles back at you.

Were you wearing a Hellfire Ring? The fireball proc will be reflected back at you meaning death.

If you had high enough DPS and low enough HP, that would equal death as well.

13K DPS for NM is very impressive...

P.S. I lost my DH to the Hellfire Proc on the Keywarden as well

3. rberacha

rberacha IncGamers Member

Oh shoot so that's it.

No Hellfire ring but my weapon was 900 DPS (Lv 60 reduced lv req 18) and I shot Hungering Arrow (Devouring)

At 16k HP it would be easy to one shot myself.

So I killed myself.

Good to know for next DH.

4. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Some good info here for when I start to level my DH :) So is the advice NOT to wear the hellfire ring <60 until you have good base EHP?

5. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

Glad I got this info when I did as well. I just reached Act II NM doing an mp10 challenge as a DH. Been playing with a Wizard so we both probably would've killed ourselves without this knowledge. We are at level 41 right now, and probably would've had our reduced level weapons available before we hit the oasis. Gonna have to kill 'em with traps/turret, and the Wiz's hydra will probably be safe too. Hopefully we'll have enough EHP by Hell to not have to worry about it then.

6. toadie

toadie IncGamers Member

I also insta-killed myself in act2 normal when rockgiant reflected hellfire ball on my sorry level10 butt :)
    Later, I heard it is known that you dont run act2 when leveling a new char if you have hellfire ring or too much dps in general.