Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Are barbs even viable PvPers anymore?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by NBAallstar, Jul 5, 2004. | Replies: 91 | Views: 5074

1. NBAallstar

NBAallstar Banned

Are barbs even viable PvPers anymore?

Melee duels, decked out conc barbs gets demolished by botd zealers, Caster duels, ww barbs get owned by bonenecs, sorcs, fohers. If you know a barb build that can do more than BvB, please enlighten me.
  2. Grantage

Grantage IncGamers Member

No its not possible and believe me im angry about it too :rant: and i have even tried a Bard. It would have worked save for the warcry to be blockable... why would a sound be blockable. I guess blizz has something against barbs because regardless of your build your not going to beat a caster with even a little skill unless you stack absorb insanely.
  3. ReVolution

ReVolution IncGamers Member

doesn't take much skill to kill 75% of casters with barb, using minimal or no absorb.
  4. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Its a matter of catching the casters. A properly decked out barb can take punishment from sorcys and fohers indefinitely. As for botd zealers, technically, all you need is to be able to do more than half their damage since you really should have more than double their life. A necro, on the other hand, is a game of cat and mouse. Duck, duck, duck, rush in, miss, rush out, duck, duck, rush in, baam, dead.

I see your point, but I don't think its as hopeless as you make it out to be.
  5. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Yes, yes they are, very much so.

The build is still ww.
  6. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

Ask revolutions and joesmith I think it is.

Anyway to make a good barb it's certainly NOT cheap.
  7. Buliarios

Buliarios IncGamers Member

Barb own the PvP scene if you know how to make them properly, Revolution is a very good Barb, played him once and got pwned so badly. People like him can show you how to beat a caster with a Barb.

But Barbs should be able to kill most casters if used properly.
  8. NBAallstar

NBAallstar Banned

WW barb, right? Is the use of enigma essential for vs casters? thnx.
  9. Unrealism

Unrealism IncGamers Member

I wouldn't call it essential, but it does help alot.
  10. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I'd say its essential. That or some other means of tele, but Enigma is by far the preferred method. The boost to r/w, +str, +2 skills, etc are all welcome additions too.

Bone necros will always be a problem if they are built correctly and are played by a decent player. They tele faster, do loads of damage, are ranged, and can probably take more physical punishment than a couple melee builds out there. The cards really are stacked in their favor.
  11. DrkPyro04

DrkPyro04 Banned

Nowdays the barbs have items such as enigmas and botd. All you have to do in a duel is name lock the name of the enemy, tele onto them, and switch to ww as fast as you can and it will usually take a chunk of there life out of them. My friend has a barb as some of you know as poodles and he knows this stratagy inside and out and he will give a tough duel.
  12. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Blizz overcompensated the necro imo.

The problem now is that barbs have to be rather specific to take out casters. Personally I'd like to have an eth botd ghost spear (Iirc it hits the break) with the typical anti-caster gear and chase. Problem is that even with the most specifically anti-caster gear you could imagine, you still have a 50/50 with a necro. If they couldnt teleport it'd be just fine and you'd probably have an advantage, the problem is that they can teleport (you can too...but much slower) take damage, re-cast bonearmour, teleport, spam spam spam, teleport.... You constantly lose life where they can simply cast to replenish theirs. They have a 75% chance to block your attack, you have 0%.
  13. Grantage

Heh... i have made this build. Ww barb with 397 eth botd ghost spear and 4k life doing 11k ww dmg won i'd say less then 1/2 the time against a caster with decent skill. I've tried the leap kb strategy ( with coh) and the namelock tele ww strategy and strangely i found leap coh seemed to work better with most duelers. I dont know whether its people just not expecting a barb that runs and leaps or this is actually a good build.

I say try both. :thumbsup:
  14. NBAallstar

NBAallstar Banned

Well the reason I made this post is that I've recently aquired a 389ed ebotd zerker. I don't have enough funds to afford an eth exile and eth templars etc etc for a zealer, so I'm making a WW barb. Hope it doesnt turn out too bad, thnx for the tips, keep em coming.
  15. DragonKnight_Aka

DragonKnight_Aka IncGamers Member

This is just my advice or idea

WW is good against runners cuz when u run ur block is lowered so u have a
    better chance to hit them but for casters they teleport and since teleport is faster then u runnin ur best bet is to make them teleport after u so that u can get them killed half the time people mess up and teleport too close and get killed.
    Bersker would be even better against caster chars cuz ss won't DO ANYTHING BUT BLOCK IT . So chars like sorcs will take more damage for it then they do from conc. again If I was u man let them come to u.

Conc is nice cuz it can't be stopped but zealot will tear u apart cuz conc is like this
    Hit ... HIt ... Hit and zeal this HITHITHITHITHIT...HITHITHITHITHIT so u sorta get the picture ww would be better then again their are barbs that can tear apart a zealot even usein' conc :)

My advice for caster chars is to let them come to u thats what I do with my pally and it works and half the time they come to close and they just get killed I do this to zons I just hide behind house and the zon is forced to come closer to me and I end up chargin' to them before they are ready to start shootin'

This is my to me
    WW = sorcs , trapsin , zons , not all pallys and druids
    Berk = good against nercos and not bad for foh pallys since they won't have good block while runnin away
    Conc= not all pallys and not all druids ( means not for wind druids )

if u want I can type up some ideas to help out people who duel with their barbs

P.S.

P.S. I'm getting good with colors now ? :)
  16. DragonKnight_Aka

forgot to add

my advice for barbs duelin' foh pally is to make them come close to u and use berk if
    they are usin' a lot of dam reduced items

U can try Conc ( yes I can't spell )

ww= this is a problem people need to short thier ww against them or just not use it and use more run and walk and maybe put a extra point their cuz if u miss the pally with ww and will just foh ya everytime so if u use berk on them and ketp runnin after them and stay near monsters so they can't hit u from a screen away with foh then yeah u can beat them also usin a shield with 4 prefect topaz
    although some are gonna complain how unfair it is to use that shield but then again is it fair to hit people with foh a screen away and run 24/7 doing the duel not really

also u can go 2-handed against a nerco with ww that trick always works

Workin on hammerin's give me some time hehe

Go to the barb fourms u will find nice info about barbs too hehe
  17. Grantage

Can anyone read and/or understand what he is saying? :scratch:
  18. DragonKnight_Aka

ww = whirlwind
    conc = ( I can't spell it ) the skill that can do a lot of damage and can't be stopped unless he done attackin or something like that
    berk= the barb skill that dose magic damage

I can retype It was a bad type up cuz I tried to do it so fast
  19. kfowler

kfowler IncGamers Member

Ah..Green font against blue background is not a good idea. I have know idea what your post was about
  20. DragonKnight_Aka

Retype

K I GONNA RETYPE THIS AND NO COLOR THIS TYPE
    I GUSSE PEOPLE CAN USE THIS Strategy UNTIL SOMEONE TYPES UP A BETTER 1

barb vs zealot.
    Conc attacks 1 hit zeal hits 5 times so let it's like this when u try to use it
    swing...swing...swing and zealzealzealzealzeal....zealzealzealzealzeal..
    that kind of makes he attacks 5 time of each of ur swing with conc for most barbs should use ww NOT BERK cuz Berk kills ur def so try leap attack or battle cry so they do less damage and have less def when ww no need to ww long if they don't follow if they do then ww so they run into it
    thier are barbs that can be zealot with conc cuz conc can do more damage then zeal itself if I'm right

barb vs foh pally
    foh yes i agree foh with conc is unfair and yes I agree GETTING HIT FROM A SCREEN AWAY WITH FOH ISN'T FAIR use a 4 socketed prefect shield and tgods for unfair foh pallys who think thier so good they will just get killed cuz it will take problay 37 fohs to kill u they be long gone by then for fair foh pallys I would just use 4 prefect topaz shield so u do take a good amount of damage since most foh pallys have good doding skills agianst ww u should use berk or even conc that way u can allways be on them if they teleport away then weapon swing and if u have frenzy hit some moster what happens when frenzy gets on u ONLY do this If he has teleport and teleports away after he hit u. Then swing to ur weapon and u should run so fast that u lag him up and ur berk will be alot faster with this on remember only for 5 or is it 6 secs

barb vs hammerin
    go to the barb fourm and read the singer he has pretty nice trick and it come work with a barb

barb vs smiter
    just ww u will get killed if u berk cuz he will ketp u from attacking and ALWAYS BEING HITTING U. Conc can work for this duel but I still say ww maybe even use shaft stop and a belt that gives 10% dmr ( damage reduced )( like string of ears ) since he will allways hit u no point in a shield maybe going to 2-handed could work for this if he is v/t then u might wanna ketp that shield then

barb vs barb
    I'm not expert here go to the barbs fourm and ask their
    although I have heard that conc can work against them

barb vs trapsin
    (1)
    I learned a little trick here if u leap around them and yes leap can't be stopped so leap around and try to count the time the traps shoot the easy way to do this is to let try to hit u and turn to the left or right or up or down
    then leap or them try to make the traps shoot for maybe 8 or 9 times don't until the traps are out cuz then she will cast more u can also get a better idea how this works from the barbs fourms once again

(2) this is my idea let them come to u I got news. TRAPS DON'T FOLLOW A TRAPSIN WHEN SHE TELEPORTS. Mmmm maybe if I ran from her so she is forced to teleport and half the time TRAPSINS FORGET THIER TRAPS AND MINDBLAST U WITHOUT THEM GET KILLED. To me make that trapsin get on ur screen then ww or leap then attack.

(3) if this is a weak trapsin then this is a easy win just run to her and ww and GG

to me some trapsins are so strong tgods won't help alone sometimes I use tgods and wisp. thats for fair trapsin
    unfair trapsins that tg , nk , pots ( all the abosrb u can get for lighting and 95 lighting resist )

barb vs wwsin
    not sure battle cry then ww or just ask for u know where ( scroll up )

barb vs sorcs

blizzard
    use berk or ww for this duel berk will do more damage cuz the sorc will problay have ss shako that means 55% damage reducded but its capped at 50% ( thank god ) first before u start this duel thier a little trick I'm gonna write in the next thread I make