Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Arctic Set

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Mislan, Nov 18, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 3207

1. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Has anyone successfully taken a bowazon through the game (normal -> hell) equipped with the Arctic set?

If so, how was your 'zon configured?

I have been trying to run several characters through 1.113 using the 'normal' sets, i.e., Cleglaw's, Civerb's, Isenhart's , etc., etc. So far I've managed to get 2 pallys and one wind druid throuh hell using the captioned sets.

Thanks,
    Mislan
  2. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Brief update -- so far I've made it to the start of Hell, Act 3 using the Arctic Set. Resistances have been an issue, as is the (relatively) low damage. Using a lot of charms for resistance and elemental damage.

I've been using Freezing Arrow and Multi-shot as my my skills. generally, I freeze what can be frozen, and let my merc (Act 2 Might, equipped with Insight) take over while I pummel the crowd with Multi-Shot. I was lucky to have an Atma's amulet in inventory, so the ctc Amplify Damage seems to help, especially with the PI and Cold Immunes.

... this may be as far as this 'zon gets.
  3. Olmus

Olmus IncGamers Member

You did well, man.
  4. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thx!

I retired this character shortly after that post -- Act 3 proved to be too difficult with such low damage.
  5. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

You could probably get through the game but it would take a while. You're so close. Why not take another go at it?

What else are you using besides the set? It is only the gloves, bow, armor and belt. Surely you can find other items to help you along?

Do you have a Valk? Are you using Decoy?
  6. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Dacar... my gear was/is as follows:

Arctic set - socketed where possible w/ resistance jewels
    'Lore' Bone helmet
    Waterwalks
    Atma's amulet
    Raven frost & Manald heal rings
    As many resistance charms as I could find / carry in inventory.

I don't remember the exact skill-point distribution, but I did use a Valk as a tank (15 pts, I think), ~10 in Pierce and Critical Strike, Dodge, Evade, Avoid up to ~40-50%.

FA maxed along with synergy, and MS ~10+.

On weapon switch I carried a two-handed spear, with 1-pt in jab

Merc was / is Act2 NM might, equipped with Insight polearm, Fortitude, VampireGaze helmet.

...I may try and give it another shot -- the going was pretty slow, but I was able to survive reasonably well.
  7. Dacar92

It's such a low level set. I don't recall but I think the set requires level 3? So, yes your damage will be very low. But the merc and valk should be able to tank for you. The good thing is that Frozen arrow does not totally depend on physical arrow damage. So while it sucks mana it should do decent damage. If you can corral critters into packs you might be able to splash damage them to death with it.
  8. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Well, I finally did it!

I finished Hell at level 85 -- I'm sure glad that I wasn't playing hardcore (heh-heh).

Act 5 was very difficult, especially Ancients and the Throne. I had to re-roll the Ancients several times before I was able to complete it, and Baal took a long time to go down. I keep hitting him with Freezing Arrow while my merc did most of the heavy lifting.

Mislan
  9. Dacar92

Congrats! I am glad you gave it another go. I am sure it was slow going but what a cool accomplishment. Did you take any screenies?