Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Archon going to be viable for multiplayer in 1.08

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by RazeBarb, Apr 3, 2013. | Replies: 13 | Views: 10160

1. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

FINALLY!

Archon Kills

For the Wizards out there, many of you don’t play multiplayer because you need those kills to fuel your Archon. In 1.0.8, your Archon duration will also be extended by assists, so as long as you’re around when a monster dies, your Archon duration will be extended. (We have it on our radar to review other mechanics such as Life on Kill bonuses, but that’s not something we’ll be addressing this patch.)

I'm really pleased with my Blizzard build right now, but I'll definitely go back to Archon if it proves to be as maintainable as in singleplayer.
  2. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Good, but they should have extended the duration per kill instead, to cater for single players as well, making it possible to farm other areas than act three
  3. kamap

kamap IncGamers Member

But they are upping the mob density in act 1, 2 and 4 so they should become farmable in archon aswell.
  4. InteNuIgen

Did not know that, that sounds great!
  5. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

This bonus was awesome the first day I played in 1.0.8. However, since my wiz does about 400k dps in archon, I quickly realized how hard it is to find the right MP to play on. Playing single player and killing every thing instantaneously is great. Doing so in a lobby with three others is kinda awkward. I feel like I'm forcing people to follow along in my wake of destruction. If I choose a higher MP, then I end up falling out of archon way too soon. I'm not writing this to boast about how powerful my wiz is, but im wondering if anyone else having this problem at whatever MP they're trying to play on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  6. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I do 300k dps in Archon and play exclusively on MP10 in a full group. It's a challenge.
  7. tougeznut

How do you keep from falling out of Archon on MP10. You'd be out of Archon like over half of the time.

8. Sukkoi19

Sukkoi19 IncGamers Site Pal

He probably hides behind the group and spams Living Lightning or similar. Since the Monsters have so much health the crits add up quick and Archon is available in seconds. At least that is what I do.
  9. tougeznut

That's if he has crit mass worked into his build. I always run Archon with blur, glass canon, and galvanized ward. If he doesn't plan on staying on Archon for more than two minutes, then galvanized ward could be swapped for crit mass, but then why bother with Archon at all?

10. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

With the new changes sometimes Archon last a little too long and your buffs go away.

What do you guys recommend? Continue in Archon mode without buffs or go to town to exit Archon and rebuff?
  11. tougeznut

If your Archon out lasts your buffs, then you can right click on your Archon buff tab to come out of Archon. Rebuff and go back into Archon. You don't have to wait it out anymore. :)

12. InteNuIgen

You don't have to go to town to rebuff. Just right-click the archon icon and you will fall out of Archon, allowing you to rebuff on the fly.

EDIT: Missed tougeznut's post....

Whether you want to do that or not is depending on your gear and MP level
  13. tougeznut

Hearing it from two people is better confirmation anyway. Plus you've done Archon for like 90 paragons...

Also 2nd what he said. If you're still killing stuff and surviving just fine - there's really no need to rebuff.

14. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

Thanks guys! Nice to know. Just have to try it out now.