Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] Arcane Bottle Rockets...

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by InsaneAction, Nov 19, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 6362

1. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eiXjSO!YXU!caaacZ

Derped around with this tonight farming MP0 Act 3 runs...

I have to say it worked out better than the RoF:Black Ice build I was running... Even single target had massive amounts of DPS and Elites dropped a lot quicker due to being able to kit with Arcane Torrent. Arcane Hydra/Temporal Flux kept them slowed so I could kite back a little and blast away some more Arcane Torrent...

Most of the run you don't even need to cast a Hydra stuff drops so fast.

I'll have to Fraps the lolz and post a video tomorrow.
  2. InsaneAction

3. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Sv: Arcane Bottle Rockets...

Looks fun :)

What is your unbuffed dps?

What screencasting software did you use?
  4. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

have you ever tried Death Blossom rune for Arcane Torrent ?

I've tried a few times and have just never been able to get it to work

the damage is awesome (670 %), but I never hit anything
  5. InsaneAction

Re: Sv: Arcane Bottle Rockets...

Unbuffed DPS is around 100K, Buffed is around 138K...

I use a program called Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/). It's not free but it's a great program with a lot of different options for recording. I'm sure you could find a torrent of it to get out of paying but it's such a nice program I figured it was worth the money.

I really don't see a use for this rune... It's so random you just can't count on it.
  6. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Since I've always loved AT, I think this looks totally awesome!
    what would you sugges for a HC version of this?
  7. InsaneAction

Ummm, change out Pinpoint armor for Pris or Force and drop Sparkflint for something of a defensive nature, Teleport or what ever you like.

This is my current MP0 dork around/XP farm build I do die every once and again but for the most part I have no problem staying alive. I only really die when I get cocky or it's a pack of Phase Beast...
  8. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

have you tried the exact same build and gear with Arcane orb celestial orb, instead of arcane torrent? with your gear on MP0 everything should die in 1-2 orbs, might speed things along for you
  9. InsaneAction

I change things up every couple of days... This build is just fun. Arcane Orb was something I used for a long time and it's kinda old... But I could give it a shot again.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  10. Flux

Flux Administrator

I hadn't played my Wizard in a while, but I had some recent finds I wanted to use on her and I wanted a new build, so I tried this one tonight. It's nice; very effective and huge burst damage. I wondered about survivability without any escape skills and just diamond skin, but it's such a massacre that hardly anything lives long enough to threaten you.

My Wizard's new hat worked with it too; I found a Storm Crow recently and it's not amazing, and no socket so I probably won't use it long term, but the big Hellfire Ball paired very well with this build, giving me another forward projectile every second or two.
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/storm-crow

Only complaint about this build... it's too easy. Too simple, rather. Just throwing Hydra ahead and then nuking anything that gets closer with the Arcane Torrent is very effective, but the lack of variety would bore me before too long. Then again, I loved Sorcs in the early days of D2 when you needed to do 3 trees to get around immunities and the game was non-stop casting of 3 or 4 different offensive skills, all varying for the situation. You don't ever get that kind of speed/click/reflexes/finger-dance play style in D3, with just skills, and usually only 1 or 2 of them offensive.

Occasionally I think of how awesome D3 mods would be, with 8 or 10 skills allowed and how much more variety that would allow in builds and offensive assaults, and then I sigh and blame Bobby's Eyes.
  11. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

From a propagandist's perspective, I appreciate how you use time lapse to your advantage in the video. When you want to prove how fast you kill things, you use slow motion to demonstrate the awesome... and when you're doing the boring walk from one mob to another, you use fast forward so people forget how slow wizards move.

What makes me sad is that there is really nothing you can do about this. It seems you've come up with a pretty good build for killing things pretty quickly, without using Archon as a crutch (you'll have a niche doing some things Archon can't). However, there isn't any skill or passive that increases wizard move speed, unless you count Evocation/Critical Mass to reduce the cooldown on Teleport (which is still abysmally slow). As such, virtually every class will still farm faster than your innovative build... so much for 1.04 being the "balance patch."

As such, the best wizard farming build will likely continue to be Archon, which can only farm certain areas effectively (boring!) but can do so with ridiculous damage, allowing it to go an MP level or two higher than usual and try to make up the movement speed difference that way.

Nice try though, and I hope they change something around to give you some actual mobility in the next patch.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  12. DickScotchfist

DickScotchfist <font color=#168A19>PoE Moderator</font>

Scramble, useable with arcane torrent builds for some time too.

Edit: also only effective in certain areas of certain acts, but this makes it good for planned routes still.
  13. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

And in conclusion, I'm adding "redesign of Scramble" to my 1.06 wishlist. I'd give a suggestion on how, but I don't want Blizzard to feel they're infringing on my copyright or whatever if they steal my idea. Best to just leave it unsaid and hope they think the same thing.
  14. InsaneAction

Ha, Glad you liked it...

Like you said it does get boring after a little bit, then I change things up...

My goal with this build, and the Ray of Frost build I poked around with, is to give people other viable options that don't like Archon... People log into these forums looking for help and most of the time see nothing but CM builds or Archon builds. The CM build being really expensive and the Archon build just isn't for everyone.
  15. Llama8

Llama8 IncGamers Member

Would you mind posting the skills (for those of us at work who can't really watch vids)? Though my Wiz is only lvl 22, quite a way to go...

Edit: Or I could just have looked at the link you gave in your first post...
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  16. Nodders

Nodders IncGamers Member

Would love to try this because my wizard atm is the worst of my chars , only have 40k damage so no chance just yet .

I read the post on the front page so .

Dear Flux "since my Ironborn Wizard has 40k DPS instead of the 100k I could easily increase her to by investing 5 minutes and 500k on the GAH"

Show me how I can get to 100k dps from 40k dps with 500k :)

Cheers .
  17. InsaneAction

Haha, It just seems like slow motion because the boring parts are sped up. I did this because I don't feel like uploading a 15-20 min video to YouTube and to cut out all the random BS that no one wants, or needs, to see... I make the videos just to show that it works. People often gauge a build based on how fast it takes out champ packs. That's why I slow it down for the champs I run into; also for a few white mobs.
  18. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

Actually, not as hard as you think. Triumvirates that lack AP on crit are super cheap and that's 18% total damage right there. Storm Crow is another 6... I just bought random cheap junk since I hardly even play my Wizard and got just on the right side of 100k with Glass Cannon.
  19. kertin$

kertin$ IncGamers Member

What's your opinion on attack speed for this build? good/bad? :p

Been using it for a while and its awsome for mp0/1, faster than anything else i've tried on my wizard, other than archon which is boring.
    The only change I made is I swapped sparkflint for teleport/wormhole.
  20. InsaneAction

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/InsaneAction-1921/hero/12237863

Here's my Wiz, I have +39% attack speed, or 1.95 attacks per sec. I think with a lot of attack speed you should look for more APoC... It just depends on how long you would like to be able to channel A. Torrent but attack speed wouldn't hurt this build that's for sure.