Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone playing Diablo 1?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Ciriaco, Aug 15, 2012. | Replies: 37 | Views: 20581

1. Ciriaco

Ciriaco IncGamers Member

The other day I looked at some gameplay videos from D1 and D2 on YouTube (needed a nostalgia fix I guess). Two things struck me; D2 felt more dated than I remembered it, and the sounds from D1 really brought me back in time (Proust-style)! The Tristram tune, the sounds from firing a bow or opening a door...

Then it occurred to me that I still had the D1 and Hellfire CDs somewhere and now it's installed and...the feeling, the eerie mood, the suspense slowly walking around in the darkness of the catacombs! I'm really surprised that I found it so enjoyable (granted I've not played for long, and probably wont), a true masterpiece!

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those who actually enjoy D3. Being a casual gamer (some 30h since release) playing self found it's almost tailored for the likes of me. Gameplay is of course lightyears ahead of D1, but man do I miss the ambience from the latter!

So has anyone else felt the urge to play D1 again?
  2. Orba

Orba IncGamers Member

me...wanna play with me? account is Orba. i play a sorcerer
  3. Dreamcrusha

Dreamcrusha IncGamers Member

just finished d1, its actually pretty interesting and still fun compared to games nowadays. I wish they allow multiplayer so i can play with my friends like d2.
  4. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

D1 > D3....no contest.

And yes, you can play D1 multi-player, where did you get the idea that you can't?
  5. Ciriaco

Ciriaco IncGamers Member

Unfortunately I can't play any multiplayer. I've only installed D1 at work (using a Mac at home nowadays and haven't bothered with virtuals) and doing short short runs every other day on lunch breaks. D1 is perfect for single player casual gaming with quick saves (and startups!).

There sure are some broken things in D1 as well, like cheasy ways of taking out the Butcher or spam firewall on slow elites, but its incredibly fun and intense. Enemies sneaking up on you in the shadows actually makes the +light radius affix useful! :)
  6. tobytheslayer

tobytheslayer IncGamers Member

Im down to play anytime just send me a pm if u wanna play and we can go from there
  7. bboyeska

bboyeska IncGamers Member

Yeah Im so keen to play the Original Diablo with someone, I have actually already started.
    If anybody is keen then pm me =D
  8. Wacken

Wacken IncGamers Member

During the last decade and a half, i installed it and played trough a few floors about once every year. A few of those times i even play till floor 16!
  9. tchan

tchan IncGamers Member

I recently rolled a warrior and archer, and found the warrior a more friendly party option since friendly fire doesn't work =|

I'll gladly play a new warrior with a new warrior-only party. Reply to me here or msg me :D
  10. lightningsorcerer

lightningsorcerer IncGamers Member

I love this game but no one is ever online to play it with anymore so i just play single player. I have a sorcerer and would love to play if anyone wants to. text me if anyone wants to play: 403-915-6735
  11. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

I play single player D1, because I don't have internet in my apartment. Currently have:

Sorcerer lvl 33, in caves/hell
    Warrior lvl 20, church/nightmare

I had forgotten how fun this game is.
  12. Aldeb

Aldeb IncGamers Member

I'd also like to play Diablo 1 online, anytime. If you're reading this, please PM me or leave a reply here and I'll respond real quick. I use Hamachi for local play

don't hesitate if this is an old post, I'll still write back!
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  13. Cloapex

Cloapex IncGamers Member

Well i player diablo 1 97 and now i found out its fun to play o the MacBook through wineskin.
    Have a lvl 15 warrior but thinking of starting agan with à rogue.

Im playing europe-time around 11 pm to about 1 pm if anyone is up to some adventures.
    Cheers, Peter
  14. SoulAscension

SoulAscension IncGamers Member

Did you ever find someone to play with?
  15. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

I have always wanted to play D1 with someone. I played it in 1996 and took it up again recently along with D2. If you want to play, send me a pm. I'm on the east coast US time zone.
  16. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Site Pal

I play D1 at least once every 6-9 months.

I get mad because every time my character lapses and I have to start over. But, it was and remains a brilliant game.

I will always love D2 beyond the rest of the series, but D1 is fantastic.

Maybe we could start a group that plays on Fridays or something. Low pressure, because family and stuff gets in the way. But, I'd love to play with a group every other week or so.
  17. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

I'd like that too. Count me in!
  18. HolyDiverDiablo

HolyDiverDiablo IncGamers Member

I still play nearly every day, and am willing to help out those who are starting out if they play full legit. Its always nice to get higher lvl legits to play with as they are scarce these days. I do a lot of runs but dont keep lower lvl gear so if you want help lmk what I should be keeping.

Most high lvl legits play in Diablo Deu-1 in Euro gateway, cya around.
  19. valjus

valjus IncGamers Member

I still play this game about one time a year, like a habbit. I personally prefer the second one over other ones in the series, but love this game still. I planned to kill Diablo once again on christmas as a sorcerer as always :) But I hope that Diablo works on my new computer that I bought a few months ago, cuz it has something against old games. If not, then its worth of the time to install my old computer just to play some good old Diablo ;)
  20. Aldeb

Aldeb IncGamers Member

To anybody reading, you can still play Diablo 1 via gameranger. I've almost never waited more than 10 or 20 minutes for someone to join in. And i've seen a few regular D1 players there. I'm a level 20something warrior. I've uninstalled Diablo 1 but i still have my warrior character saved.