Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Anyone hording gear for the crusader?

Discussion in 'Crusader' started by stonerdoom, Oct 14, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 4137

1. stonerdoom

stonerdoom IncGamers Member

I am currently hording some gear to level up my crusader quickly upon release. Further, I am guessimating some useful items for L60+. I realize there will likely be new items and the level cap is increasing, but I feel I might as well put some stuff aside to give myself a little edge.

Anyone doing the same? Anyone have any tips/advice?
  2. chakley

chakley IncGamers Member

Too early to tell for me. Need to know if ladder is 1) going to start right at release or later on and 2) if it does start at release if there are ladder unique items.

Assuming ladder isn't available or I play non ladder, then I have to start thinking about leveling items. But you also have to weigh the benefits of paragon points for low level characters. Upon loot 2.0 release, without an AH, does it make more sense to level new barbs to find new legendary items (with smart loot), (think Leoric's), that you can use for crusader leveling, or does it make more sense to keep working on paragon you can work up for low level characters? How often do we get to allocate points to low level characters? Is there a max amount of paragon points we can allocate for characters before they hit 60? I don't know. I guess I'm hoping for more details during Blizzcon.

For now though I'm just working on paragon and saving any -10 to -18 level req gear I come across. And every now and then I look through the AH for boots with str/vit/exp/run speed for any level. Same with helms/weapons with nice str/vit/exp/socket

Cain's set might help, but I wonder too what's to become of legendary crafted patterns upon loot 2.0. Will it be possible to have higher level version's of Cain's?
  3. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

I'd be surprised if they let you "upgrade" existing set items like cain's beyond maybe some enchantress tweaks. But then again, who knows.

I'm kind of excited to play with the Crusader (if it plays the way I hope it will). I was originally thinking of saving up life steal items, until Blizzard anounced that they're basically retroactively destroying it so you can't use current life steal stuff at 70. I don't honestly think there's a huge point in stocking up much else for leveling. Grab a nice set or something. Maybe find the best ruby you can for your hat. I'm not really saving anything in particular though.

Am having fun messing around on monk a bit instead, while I wait. And wizard. But wizard got sidetracked somehow.
  4. SvenskaDiablo

SvenskaDiablo IncGamers Member

Im holding on to leveling gear in all level ranges as well as strenght gems.

By the way. A Crusader wearing the collector's edition angelic wings is going to look badass :)
  5. randomice

randomice IncGamers Member

Got cains set , leorics, hellfire ring en borns set. But i dont know what ladders will do yet. Hoping on more info this friday/saturday
  6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I found this the other day while I was looking for an upgrade to my tempest/bells monk's current skorn.

Might go well as a Crusader weapon using the 1h passive.

[​IMG]