Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Anyone done anything as dumb as this?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Crunchy II, Oct 26, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 825

1. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

I just put an auction on and it sold after five minutes. I thought "Wow! That was fast!". I checked the completed tab and realised I'd missed of a zero when I listed it! :weep: That lost me about 10 million!

I have learnt that I need to double check the amount on the auctions tab, you get five minutes to cancel it before it is actually listed.

It's understandable as it's hard to see how many zero's you have entered, it needs to be clearer. There are some really dumb things in this game that let it down!
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yea, that really sucks man, sorry.

I did the reverse of that once. I bid 100 million on an item I meant to bid 10 million on! Got bid up to about 32 million which was may more than I wanted to pay.
  3. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I've done that too, Crunchy. More than once.
  4. Crunchy II

Thanks, that makes me feel better :).
  5. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

There's a post in the recent news about that if you haven't discovered it already. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem...as if the different decimal styles were ever a problem here at the SPF...but I can already hear the 13yr old European kid complaining how he intended to get a superb item for 10 gold and had to pay 10 millions instead because he thought that 10,000,000 was actually 10.000000...
  6. Crunchy II

Found another dumb thing to do! I've been searching for and flipping Monk belts but not been able to sell three of them. I noticed I had my Barb selected, I was trying to sell Mighty Belts with Monk stats! :banghead:
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  7. Caris

Caris IncGamers Member

I have done the same - only I was missing 2 0's. So instead of selling something for 10mill it went for 10k. I was in a hurry, dinner was waiting etc...
    On the plus side that's never going to happen again, counting the 0's twice now :crazyeyes:
  8. Crunchy II

Blizzard said the reason for not including digit grouping (i.e. 1,000,000) is that it depends on the country. There is already a language selection in-game and the AH search uses digit grouping so this seems a lame excuse.