Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by robc, Nov 19, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2151

1. robc

robc IncGamers Member

I was finally able 2 beat the game in inferno with my wiz a few weeks ago and now have about 125k dps buffed, but she's def not strong enough to do serious key/organ hunting so I haven't been able to get even my 1st hellfire ring yet :( . Just wondering if anybody had any build/gear tips for me, I'm only working with like 5 mil gold right now, bu obviously if I sold some of the stuff I was wearing to replace it I could have more.

http://www.diablo3ladders.com/hero/robc-1446/us/829946

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RobC-1446/hero/829946

Also was wondering if wearing my frostburns would be better than the gloves I have now, it would lose me over 10k dps according to the stat sheet but I know that can be misleading.

Thanks in advance 4 any advice, and if anyone would wanna help me get a hellfire ring i'd really appreciate it but I wana be able to do it on my own.
  2. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

Do you use the Templar? If so I'll hook you up with a great sword for him.

Other than that I think it's a play style thing that would help you out the most. Your gear looks fine, I mean yeah there's better but you've got over 120k deeps...

I suggest get rid of Storm Armor and pick up Prismatic or Pinpoint Energy Armor. Prismatic will up your overall survivability and Pinpoint will up the deeps. In doing so you'll probably want to drop CM and pick up Astral Presence.

Also change out Cold Blood for Black Ice on RoF...

Give that a try and see if there's a difference...
  3. robc

robc IncGamers Member

thanx ill give it a try 2morrow. I do use Templar he's got like 800 dps wep wit a bunch of str... I always forget when lookin at gear that I should b lookin 4 him also. Yeah changing the armor type I've been thinknin about, but it seems to do decent dmg and the xtra arcane per sec helps and really CM isnt all that important to since my crit chance isnt too high but it worked well with frost nova wit deep freeze givin the xtra 15% crit chance when u hit 5 enemies. Thanx again 4 the advice though
  4. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Black ice is a weird suggestion, he's looking to go key/organ hunting, not to go low-MP farming.

Assuming you're more or less committed to that gear set (IE a proper CM set is out of the question), I'd suggest going blizzard/hydra for key/organ farming. Before I got myself an alternate critical mass set, the build I used for keys/ubers (all the way up to MP10) was:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iQlXUO!YbW!aZbaZY

A proper CM/WW wizard is really the best keyfarmer though, and absolutely the best at ubers - not just the best wizard build, but the best of any class, period.
  5. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

True, But I use Black Ice up to MP3... Past that it becomes useless...

I agree though a Blizz/Hydra build would be better...
  6. robc

robc IncGamers Member

I was actually using this build for quite a while and really just switched to using CM and frost nova in my cold build a few days ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cQilSO!WdY!YYabZY

I would say I was safer in a way with that build, but definitely kill things quicker with my current one. Also I'm not 100% committed to my gear but I don't really have too much gold and really no where near enough to make a high end CM wiz.

Thanks for the tips though I'll give the altered blizz/hydra one a shot soon.
  7. robc

robc IncGamers Member