Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any decent disintegration mp1-3 wiz builds?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Killy, Feb 8, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 4571

1. Killy

Killy IncGamers Member

Hey! I haven't played since June 2012. couple of days ago i started wiz and got to 60(6) so far. Playing CM build but it is really boring.

Are there any good builds with disintegration, electrocute etc? All i seem to see right now is just CM/Arch.

Also it's kinda bother that crit chance/crit dmg is such a huge dmg boost. Makes a lot of stuff like Frostburn gloves etc uselsss.

What kind of gear should i aim at for disintegrate as main spell? Slow 2h with Life Steal or quick 1h+oh with LOH? Crit dmg, crit chance or what? +dmg against elites? Soj? Skills with -disi cost?

I kinda liked playing arcane hydra + arcane orb + temp flux with 1h + oh too.
  2. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

No disintegrate here, but I'm playing a cold/CM variant with meteor/comet, spectral blades, frost nova. Attack is usually teleport into a pack, frost nova, meteor/comet and then spectral blade/healing (with good IAS). Definitely more involving.

I agree, the classic CM build is boring -- tried it for a while, and it works, but not high on the fun-and-glory scale.

With the 1.07 updates, I would bet blizzard becomes a useful skill once again and plan to try it out.
  3. NightCraweler

NightCraweler IncGamers Member

I have a disintegrate build you might want to check out. Even though low APS is good for disintegrate, I prefer a 1h+oh for extra stats like apoc, and crit chance.

@Jonw I tried Blizzard at on ptr and the changes are amazing.
  4. Killy

Killy IncGamers Member

Think perfect frostburns might be good with new 1.0.7 blizzard? I bought today 6%/30% frostburns today for like 50k only due to changes in 107. it also made me wodner about that wand that cang et +25% frost dmg along with cold blooded it may be nice.

right now bought some cheap skorn, 300+ int 300+ vit 198% base crit dmg (got it for 110k) and trying it out.
  5. NightCraweler

I can't say for sure but I don't think they will help much. The impressive change to blizzard was not the damage, which is nice and a noticeable change. What impress me about the new bliz was the apoc bug fix, the extra ap is much more noticeable. This bug is actually why I don't use the the spell.

On a similar note
    @Anyone using bliz on the live servers, don't you have ap problems?
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  6. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

Looking forward to this. I'll be swapping out meteor/comet for blizz when 1.07 is live.
  7. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I imagine you could use disintegration the same way you would set up an Archon build, but throw in some APOC. As far as I remember it doesn't get affected by APS (similar to Archon) so just aim for high crit chance, crit damage, and probably 18+ APOC. Try using a high DPS Skorn with life steal, or get some alternative source of LoH and use the blood magic rune. I think with enough APOC it would be like a (weaker) Archon build that doesn't require you to only farm super high density areas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  8. NightCraweler

I'm not sure I wouldn't drop meteor for bliz. Bliz still doesn't do very much damage, it isn't stackable and will only deal 510%/6sec=85%weapon damage per second. That said, I think bliz will continue to be used primarily for procing cold blooded and as a snare. Like I said before the the ap return was much more noticeable than the damage increase. I predict alot of people will create/try builds centered around the new bliz and then figure out how to incorporate it into there current setups or simply go back to what they were using before.