Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anti-Caster build (questions again)

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Occam, Feb 13, 2006. | Replies: 14 | Views: 847

1. Occam

Occam IncGamers Member

Anti-Caster build (questions again)

I've been looking pretty seriously at building a BvC (hence the other questions) and I have all the gear for one without too much effort (with the exception of grief- still working on that).

But reading about a Kicksin Mageslayer similar, built around something similar to this guide http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=554
    has me interested. Gear for this one is just a matter of digging through mules.

So I'm looking at two criteria in deciding;

Which of these is more viable/stronger as a pure caster fighter (no trying to fight other ww barbs, etc) Obviously th barb has a big advantage in terms of tanking, but I'm not too familiar with the strength of kicksins. And before anyone suggests a wwsin, if I were going to go the route I'd much prefer the barb.

Second, and less important; which of these has the better learning curve? Not that either of them can be useful with no skill, but which would be most effective for someone with no experience against casters to speak of?

Either would be for pub games, no mid leveling dueling or the like. Also, if anyone knows of a superior/more up to date guide for the kicksin, I'd be interested.
  2. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

I've made also kicksin based on that guide. It worked very well. All sorc and amas hated me. :)

Ok, U dont want make wwsin, but just think of this. If U can afford Chaos, just put it on right hand and Fury on left hand. This U can reach max kick speed and huge OW same time with ability to ww and that all going with fade. U will have max resist stacked, 50% DR, 60% block with claws and ~3k life. Thats much better than pure kicker, I have tryed it, I know. If U are lasy to figure out the gear I can tell U that.
  3. Occam

Occam IncGamers Member

I hadn't thought of a hybrid build like that. My reasoning was just that; if you go to the trouble of setting up a wwsin/hybrid, and knowing how effective ww can be, you're probably going to end up using ww more than kicking. So then its a case of the old ww barb vs. wwsin, in which case my preference would be with the barb.

So I don't know, why would you ever use both ww and kicking? Also, iirc early levels of ww actually reduce your damage, how much of an issue is that for wwsins? Did you use enigma or dflight on that kind of build?
  4. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

Melee assa kills with venom, not real phisical dmg. If U cant afford bramble your effectivity will go down a lot. With nice bramble, facets and trangs gloves U can reach +2k venom dmg. Also, its not realy a hybrid. Claw mastery and Dragon talon does not have synergies so U have a lots of spear points.
    U use DF and DT against casters and ww against melee otherwise pure kicker against melee is hopeless. Ofc, U will never be able to beat real good ww barb, either with kicker or wwsin.
    Its just my advice to put 20 pts in claw masteries and get Chaos instead of maxing DF. Atleast U have one backup skill.
  5. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

You can get 2k venom damage with your normal field gear (Enigma, Trang's, etc.), unless you mean 2k damage after the PvP and Hell PLR penalties. Regardless, I don't think a good anti-caster kick/ww-sin would use Bramble over Enigma and lose the ability to teleport.
  6. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

Explain me how with enigma and trangs U can reach 2k venom? (unless U are counting like for enchant, when its applayed 2 times - when U cast and at the moment fo attack)

U will dragon flight, so no need for enigma.
  7. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

8. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Wow. Totally incorrect.
  9. Speederländer

lvl 48 venom = 1365 average base psn damage over .4 sec.
    trangs bonus to base = 1365 * 1.25 = 1706 over .4 sec
    trangs bonus on application (acting on modified #) = 1706.25 *1.25 = 2133 over .4 sec
    Actual poison damage delivered in Hell with Hell length penalty = 4265 over .8 sec

This of course doesn't account for the PvP damage reduction or target psn res, but you just asked for the raw damage, which is how everyone refers to other damage types anyway.
  10. Speederländer

:thumbsup:
  11. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

Barb > WW Sin all day.
  12. Speederländer

That's nice.
  13. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

ALL DAY, SON.
  14. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

bvc, wwsin/kicker,charge/smiter, bowzon are all pretty good anti caster builds. Bowzons are great in teams.
  15. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

BvC > WW about 2/3 of the time if the sin knows what he's doing. A Barb with no block can get killed very quickly if he's tele's into a bunch of WoF with an MB swirl over his head.

Also, my hybrid sin does 3.2k/3.5 k whirlwind dmg, and she has enigma and trangs. Dflight is so bugged it just makes a kick in place half the time. Plus, you can't get bowzons quickly and sorcs with huge fcr are impossible to catch. Also, tele lets you get good possition on hammerdins or ww barbs.

Enigma > Bramble, especially because you can prebuff with bramble if you really need to.