Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another one about customization

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by dakky, Apr 22, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 771

1. dakky

dakky IncGamers Member

Another one about customization

It's a simple question I have for you people:

What will happen when we hit maximum level 60 with all five classes?

We will make another character with a different gender?

Due to a fact that all characters will have all skills and skill runes unlocked by level 60, what will make us create sixth character and play again?

2. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Re: Another one about customization

Farm inferno and level through HC. All I did in D2 was farm bosses non stop for years so I expect to do the same with D3.

3. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Plus there's the pvp arena.

4. Deckard Cain

Deckard Cain IncGamers Member

The Nephalem honor buff strongly discourages constant re-speccing. If you find a build you really enjoy playing (and works) then you will probably just use that to farm inferno. Say you found a Wizard build you absolutely love but you want to mess around with other builds. Maybe you create another wizard and leave your other one the same so you can continue farming inferno.

Also, hitting level 60 is not the end of the game. You are going to have to gear up (which took quite some time in D2 and I imagine will take some time in D3) if you want to clear the last difficulty. Don't look at hitting max level as the END POINT of this game.

Or you can PvP (eventually....)

5. dakky

dakky IncGamers Member

Yes, but within years of playing D2, how many different characters did you build? Say only 7 and I will laugh.

6. Muggs

How many did I build or how many did I abandon out of frustration because I put a point in the wrong place so I had to build another near identical character and rush my way to 80 and start over with should be your real question.

7. dakky

dakky IncGamers Member

I don't see hitting max level as the END of game, but I don't know why should I create another character of the same class, AFTER hitting the max level of that class.

8. Deckard Cain

How did you get gear for all these chars? How long did it take?

It's not like you could just make a char and then breeze through all the way passed hell and the game was over. You had to GET GEAR.

Usually that included making an MF character and playing for hours doing things like that. I made tons of characters but it took me quite some time to get gear for one character. Most of the time I spent playing the game was doing Meph runs etc trying to get gear for a certain build.

Say you just cleared the game and your character rocked hell without MFing and I will laugh.

9. Magikarp

Magikarp IncGamers Member

We all have different end games depending on your playstyle

PERSONALLY just like in D2 i only had one character but i had everything invested into that one character for perfect pvp gear.. so i will be making a barbarian and farm farm pvp farm farm pvp for another 9 years like i did in D2 lol

10. dakky

dakky IncGamers Member

But you had fun over and over again with building different builds, didn't you?

I'm just saying that removing "wrong choices" reduces replayability of the game.

11. Muggs

I know exactly what you are fishing for and I disagree. I won't get into this discussion again and again and again. This forum is littered with your exact sentiments by the not so surprising same few low post count individuals. You want to relevel you can play HC and if it such a game killing feature you can go with other games on the market but at this point with release 3weeks away the point is moot.

12. dakky

dakky IncGamers Member

I had a sorc for MF, but that is not the point of this thread.

I'm saying here that n00bs who have access to their dad credit card can afford to buy UBER items in RMAH and will have better/stronger characters than for example me, who have played Diablo franchise for last 10 years.

And even if they don't know how to properly play, they will be better, due to a lack of customization, or possibility of making a wrong move during character development.

13. Deckard Cain

Lets get this straight, wrong choices ARE NOT REMOVED from this game. There are tons more builds in D3, and also TONS of wrong choices. The difference is in the permanence of the choice. I agree with you that the lack of permanence of these choices is going to reduce the desire to create more classes, but it isn't going to reduce the total time playing this game or the amount of fun had playing it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  14. The Magic

The Magic IncGamers Member

Go play hardcore?

15. PreyingMantis

PreyingMantis IncGamers Member

So what you are saying is other people affect the way you live your life constantly. Such a sad sad person if you are worried about how others play the game especially when in reality it doesn't affect you in the least. Funny you started this thread about lack of customization but turned it into RMAH = bad. I swear do the mods on these boards do anything or do they just let this BS fly everywhere.

Oh well back to a better forum. Have fun having the same arguments with the same few people who keep creating new accounts to make it seem like they are not in the minority.